IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

the end of 1 1 is....i cant believe what i am listening to. same with recks on, i cant believe they finally just fucking did this.

It seriously sounds like what an acid trip come down feels like. How they pulled that off is beyond me.

im actually having trouble containing myself and listening to tracks in full. i keep listening to the end of 1 1 is. i keep starting recks on over. ah. but the whole way through is such a rewarding experience too. i did the headphones in the dark last night and it was surreal.

Edited by jules

After just two listens this album sounds pretty fucking dark and like being blasted into some alien dimension. Pretty intense and interesting stuff, but it`s definately gonna take me a while to decide if I really like it or not.

the end of 1 1 is....i cant believe what i am listening to. same with recks on, i cant believe they finally just fucking did this.

It seriously sounds like what an acid trip come down feels like. How they pulled that off is beyond me.

^This.

I haven't yet caught on to any general atmosphere or world going on in the tracks. I mean, Untilted, draft, quaristice and oversteps did this distinct soundworld thing, and this one feels more like 'just for fun' or something. I really like several of the tracks for the dynamics, the sounds, etc, but again feels a bit more like a showcase album, at least so far.

The 'breakdown--->build back up' near the end of Flep gets me every time!

Listening to the beginning of 11 is on headphones, it feels like my brain is being sucked out through the earphones. Is anyone else getting this pulling/vacuum sensation?

After 3 listens, I still see runrepik as the weakest track, but it may grow on me

Edited by fizzkinz

yeah, tuinorizn and runrepik stand out as weaker than the rest for me.

also, i would have never guessed that the impressions/mini reviews in the thread are of the same album, if i didn't know that beforehand, quite fascinating !

sounds like autechre; its got a good beat and you can't dance to it

i actually found myself bobbing quite in sync with most of the tracks

Guest dylanmcknd

I haven't yet caught on to any general atmosphere or world going on in the tracks. I mean, Untilted, draft, quaristice and oversteps did this distinct soundworld thing, and this one feels more like 'just for fun' or something. I really like several of the tracks for the dynamics, the sounds, etc, but again feels a bit more like a showcase album, at least so far.

Man I couldn't feel more different. Imo, exai has an extremely distinct atmosphere, while untilted felt more like a showcase.

25887x94.jpg

XI x XI (121)

11 x 11 (121 characters)

every character gets a square - but is there a code behind it and is it in the right order (maybe backwards, bustrophedon, upside down, etc)?

maybe you can make sense out of it.

listens Exai for the 4th time and vekoS beautifully fades....

not sure what to make of this. no pattern seems obvious to me, but here's the little i did to try and separate it out so far.
blocked
E x a e i
r l i ( g 0 )
p c - f j t
e C x i
o l p
r i b l d e
s 1 i
s h
k 9 l o
i n e e L
e c k o
Y J Y U
unblocked
i F L e u r
t e e t
r a a e v
e T e s s v e
k S F e t u i n
o z n a l
o r e 1 s n o d
e z r u n r e p i
s p l c u d l
d c o o c r
s n X

Man I couldn't feel more different. Imo, exai has an extremely distinct atmosphere, while untilted felt more like a showcase.

Weirdness of ae o;

I can definitely see that point of view though, I need to see how I feel in a few weeks or so.

Guest trananhhung

I just want to say that it leaves one hell of a first impression. Let's see how it conquers time. To me, it sounds like the good side of Untilted, 'cause I hated Untilted.