Guest zaphod

body of lies - still like this movie. cool espionage shit. mark strong looks like a lizard. love russell crowe in this. probably his last good role. but what's up with ridley scott and awkward zooms? every exterior shot there's a zoom in on a car as it pulls up or a zoom on a person's face like the camera operator wasn't sure how to frame the shots. i've noticed this in every recent ridley scott movie. amateur hour up in here.

point blank - love this. much better than payback. so far this is the definitive parker adaptation. the hell happened to john boorman? he directs this and deliverance then makes two weird druggy cult movies with zardoz and excalibur then just shits the bed for two decades.

Edited by zaphod

thanks i'll check it out. before that came out the marketing company sent a bunch of promo material to the bookstore where i worked. among the items was a pen which had a little recorder inside. had a bit of fun recording random crap and playing at awkward times or whatever.

Guest Mirezzi

tinker

tailor

soldier

spy

Flawed but still very enjoyable.

Army of Shadows sort of goes without saying...

thanks i'll check it out. before that came out the marketing company sent a bunch of promo material to the bookstore where i worked. among the items was a pen which had a little recorder inside. had a bit of fun recording random crap and playing at awkward times or whatever.

what book store? in chicago right??

I really love espionage movies a la body of lies, any one know of some good ones? for some reason i can't think of any cool ones.

Spy Game. I really loved that movie when it came out. i'd love to see a version of it where the editing was completely slowed down. But it's a film which comes at you, straight out of the traps.. with Redford jumping in his expensive retro Porsche sports car and racing to CIA Headquarters to sort out a mess, He utters the immortal line ''Look, if i'm walkin into a shitstorm I gotta know which way the winds blowin'''

Watched Ruby Sparks last night, it was OK, it would have been fantastic if Charlie Kaufman didn't exist and it was treading new ground. i'm not saying it wasn't good, its just that it was exploring ideas which have already seeped into the popular culture and created some hipsters amongst other things.

Guest Mirezzi

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has nice things to say about Body of Lies. I fucking love films like that. The world needs more of them, especially since they have the opportunity to model alternative narratives aka. an anti-Zero Dark Thirty.

Star Trek: Into Darkness

was at what i believe to be the international premiere (midnight) having not seen the first, but not too hard to pick up

Pretty poor film making, however - there would be a pretty neat extractable 40 min episode contained within most of the fluff, (albeit a bit 'done')/10

.....kaHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Iron Man 3 - didn't like as much as #2 but generally entertaining throughout. The comedy worked even if the end was a little slap dash and silly. 8/10

You didn't like it as much as 2 but you score it an 8? Fucking hell! Is 2 your favourite film or something?

Iron Man 3 - didn't like as much as #2 but generally entertaining throughout. The comedy worked even if the end was a little slap dash and silly. 8/10

You didn't like it as much as 2 but you score it an 8? Fucking hell! Is 2 your favourite film or something?

lets just pretend that I kinda like Iron Man

IM2 would score 9 and Avengers is a 10 for me as far as comic book films go

The Fantastic Four get's minus points for letting me watch the entire film without one glimpse of Jessica Alba's fine buttocks

Guest bitroast

Star Trek - Into Darkness

Is really, really good. Great deal better and tighter than the 2009 film. Recommended!!!!!!!!!!!

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Pretty poor film making, however - there would be a pretty neat extractable 40 min episode contained within most of the fluff, (albeit a bit 'done')/10

Star Trek - Into Darkness

Is really, really good. Great deal better and tighter than the 2009 film. Recommended!!!!!!!!!!!

please watmm never leave!

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Guest bitroast

It was enjoyable action sci fi film making at its near finest. Shure there's slop and a fair amount of cheese moments, but the good outweighs the schlock in this film, I believe I believe.

I mean, if you've seen the 2009 Star Trek film, then you more or less know what to expect. And in my opinion this film is an improvement over that first one.

avengers was a horribly written, acted and directed movie.

Sigh. I think I'm going to have to break up with you.