Guest jasondonervan

The Last Wave (US folks may know it as Black Rain) - not watched it for years, still love it. Made for appropriate viewing with this 'heatwave' we're currently enjoying in the UK. Watching all the rain scenes made me feel less warm briefly. Fell asleep watching it (due to heat, not boredom) and woke up for the final shot. Had a bit of a weird night's sleep, hazy dreams. I blame Peter Weir.

Still good/10

Much Ado About Nothing - 7/10 - Takes a bit before you get into the shakespearian mindset, but once you're there its brilliant.

The Conjuring - 8/10 - Best horror film I've seen in years. Incredibly well cast, filmed, written and directed. I sincerely mean that. (the shots of the house panning outwards through the mist reminded me of classic, classic horror).

Inception, 9/10. I know I'm pretty late to the party on this one but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm actually slightly surprised that it was such a success at the box office, it seems like the sort of film that ought to have been shot down as 'too complex' by some dildo of an exec and just ended up a low-budget cult film if it got made at all. Definitely a bit of influence from Paprika in there as well.

Much Ado About Nothing - 7/10 - Takes a bit before you get into the shakespearian mindset, but once you're there its brilliant.

The Conjuring - 8/10 - Best horror film I've seen in years. Incredibly well cast, filmed, written and directed. I sincerely mean that. (the shots of the house panning outwards through the mist reminded me of classic, classic horror).

I have to say The Conjuring does look awesome from the trailers/ scoping it out on the interwebs

only god forgives

from the director of drive, starring ryan gosling as ryan gosling. i liked it though, i think. even though it was mostly just characters walking really really slowly through perfectly aligned, symetrical scenes, with apathetic expressions on their faces and long shots of people just staring at each other. 2/10 or 7/10.

Leon, The Conjuring was good enough that I'm going to see it again in a couple days. Highly recommended.

Edited by yshf

Guest zaphod

the conjuring - the long awaited sequel to office space. decades after the events of the first film, peter has married and fathered over twenty children, all girls. after working construction for years, he finds himself falling into the same daily grind as his job at initech. looking for something new, he moves his family to an obviously cursed house in a town where everyone is pretending it's the 1970s, including the film crew inexplicably filming him with digital cameras. a shrunken and possessed jennifer aniston hunts peter's family, the rotten stench of her pussy pervading the house and everything around them. after aniston stinks up the house to the point that it is unliveable, peter calls the father from insidious and the mother from orphan, now con artists pretending to be married christian scientists. they manage to capture jennifer aniston, who, with help from a local male stripper and a 1980s token asian guy, they rape repeatedly until the stink is no more. peter leaves town, at great cost to his marriage, and the top from inception spins at the end except it's a music box mirror thing. the conjuring reminds me of the time a japanese girl shit in my mouth. it was accidentally sort of good, but mostly it made me depressed, physically ill, and i might actually end up dying from it.

Edited by zaphod

The Conjuring - This is Ron Livingston's movie, Ron stole the show as the typical 1970's dad with only one emotion in his face, whatever the situation his facial expressions never changed, it didnt matter if it was moving to a new house, the family's dog dying or his wife being possessed by some witch, his facial expression never changed, it was always the same, a emotionless bastard, the face of a psychopath if you ask me, he'll probably end up killing his whole family because he can't fix the chevy or something. :mellow: /10

---

Real Review - I feel like i should ask yshf for a refund, this movie is so fucking average i couldn't believe my eyes, it had every single fucking cliche modern horror movies, it even had that same actor from another recent horror movie (which was better in my opinion), the same movie keeps coming out every year, yuk. It was well done i'll give them that but its sad that we are rewarding well polished turds now, cinema is sad. 6/10

Edited by Deer

To be fair it was probably worth it for Ron Livingston's one facial expression performance, i was laughing the whole time. One of the the lines that made me hahahha at laud was "You told me you needed a priest for an exorcism, you aren't a priest" deeeeeerp

Edited by Deer

I was in my horror movie mode, where i separate certain cliches that just have to happen in modern horror from the good bits. I view film and horror film as two completely different entities, and this time it seemed that some of the good bits of normal well made film carried over. I went in expecting a shite horror movie and came out with a better than that horror movie for the first time in at least 3 years. That, I believe, is what influenced my review so highly.

Still an 8/10 for me.

Also, go easy on Ron you shits :dry::happy: - he's the fucking man! (...from office space - a film i still somehow enjoy)

the lone ranger-Disney throws a lot of $$$ out there which means great movie for me for one reason. Being stoned and wanting to see beautiful cinematography. A+ for that.

I decided to skip the movie and go straight for the video game lol.

220px-Schulm%C3%A4dchen-Report_FilmPoste

an amazing piece of social reporting. todays girls are very horny. today is 1971. and we're in germany. in one instance, girls fake being injured just so they can coerce a lunkhead park attendant to assist in their treatment. the lunkhead is sentenced to jail because the girls are only 16. in another, some girl masturbates with an elephant teddy bear because her boyfriend only lasts 12 seconds in bed. i'm moving to germany as soon as i finish my business here

TAVdgdV.jpg

amerikan horror movies are stupid

I know this isn't a Movie News thread, but...

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder just came out and rocked our worlds at Comic-Con. Not just announcing that Batman will be in the Superman sequel — which he did with a cool-looking metallic Superman-Batman logo that drove the crowd nuts. But that was not the biggest deal.

ku-xlarge.jpg

The biggest deal was, Snyder brought out Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix (General Swanwick) to use his cool voice to read the following piece of dialogue:

"I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you."

Yup. Batman's speech from Dark Knight Returns. Snyder said the movie won't be an adaptation of this film... but it will be inspired by it. The crowd lost their shit.

http://io9.com/theyre-doing-a-superman-batman-movie-but-thats-not-851711013