Rewatched Tenet for a second time this time paying more attention to it  so I actually understood what was going on this time.
Cool concept but still a bit meh.

I tried this and liked it more than forwards. it won't help, but now you know even people that claim to like it needed validation that it had a reason to claim its stupid logic

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nebraska said:

I tried this and liked it more than forwards. it won't help, but now you know even people that claim to like it needed validation that it had a reason to claim its stupid logic

Very cool. Someone needs to recut Memento in chronological order

7 hours ago, Nebraska said:

BUT FIRE BACKWARDS IS ICE!

Watched M3GAN (Unrated… I imagine you can skip the PG-13 version) tonight. Highly entertaining.
Can’t really see how anyone would not enjoy it / 10

23 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Very cool. Someone needs to recut Memento in chronological order

he did... it's on one of the dvd versions... and there's torrents flooding around the webs...

The chronological order of the story can be viewed as a "hidden feature" on the 2-Disc Limited Edition Region 1 DVD and the 3-Disc special Edition Region 2 DVD. In this special feature, the chapters of the film are put together into the chronological order...

Edited by cruising for burgers

13 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

he did... it's on one of the dvd versions... and there's torrents flooding around the webs...

I think I had this DVD

• Like 1

MV5BMTFlNWY3N2MtMWUzNC00NDg4LThmOGItNDY0

a classic whodunnit in which a crazed killer is offing off a dance troupe- of sorts (you have to see their dancing to comprehend what we're talking here).

also, those dames (and killer) on the cover aren't in the film so no spoiler alert there either ☺️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nebraska said:

MV5BMTFlNWY3N2MtMWUzNC00NDg4LThmOGItNDY0

a classic whodunnit in which a crazed killer is offing off a dance troupe- of sorts (you have to see their dancing to comprehend what we're talking here).

also, those dames (and killer) on the cover aren't in the film so no spoiler alert there either ☺️

is that James Hurley?

On 7/7/2023 at 3:22 AM, GORDO said:

Rewatched Tenet for a second time this time paying more attention to it  so I actually understood what was going on this time.

Cool concept but still a bit meh.

Love the soundtrack for that film!

• Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 12:04 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Saw Indiana Jones 5 in the theater last night. Pretty fun. Fleabag was great. Harrison Ford is dependable, as to be expected. This film surprisingly has the most personal character development I can remember seeing in the franchise, which is refreshing, however the core story is minimal and there are far too many chase sequences. There was a healthy length at the beginning with a de-aged flashback version of Dr. Jones that was entertaining enough but a bit like watching a dramatic interstitial from a video game. Still, it was a great film to see in the theater with a bag of popcorn. Dragged a couple tears out of my cynical eyes in the end. 
7.925 fedoras / 10

and then there’s “Indiana,” the franchise’s most expensive film with a reported budget of $350 million-$400 million before marketing. after a disappointing $60 million opening, it dropped 56 percent. - indiewire

Watched the Tetris movie on apple and thought it was great ? Interesting to hear the story behind my favourite video game. Though curious just how much of it was real as it was based on a true story but was there really a car chase with Russians? I dunno ??‍♂️ 

• Like 1

asteroid-city-poster.jpg?q=80&auto=forma

this film is so wes anderson, it has perhaps forgotten the whole world isn't. it's like entering a micro-universe of obsessions (in this case, 50s americana, diners, post cards, ephemera and dialogue that reads like it was an article in playboy). wes anderson designs his films like an antique mall of trinkets. everything is clearly labelled, assigned a place and smartly (or elegantly) packaged. problem is it doesn't really jives together. 

Edited by Nebraska
  • Like 1

went to a special screening of La Haine last night. it'd been planned several months before Nahel's murder, which only threw its greatness and timelesness into sharper relief. it'd also been visually treated in a different way, it was a higher-contrast black and white than the usual HD version and also grainier, I think to mimic how it would have appeared for the first time in theatres in the 90s. I tried to rope in as many friends as I could, most of them fizzled out except two, and yet the cinema was fully packed out with not a single seat to spare. glorious experience. the gut-punch silent ending left everyone stunned.

• Like 2