Did you enjoy watching those films thomas?

Edited by Gocab

Guest Mirezzi

^ There was so much presence (not to mention awful low-level hum) in that audio that I felt very embarrassed at work for a moment and thought my headphones weren't plugged in.

I love me some Joe LiTrenta.

Spring Breakers: 9 red cups / 10

10 disney sluts / 10

8 films / 10

1 given free Skrillex OST CD / 10

I was really close to starting a thread about this movie.

I just saw it tonight.

Spring. Break. Forever /10

10 Bikini vespas / 10

10url-121.jpeg /10

10 spring-breakers-ski-masks.jpg?w=800 /10

10 spring-breakers-picture01.jpg /10

10 everything / 10

Really. How could anyone not love this movie?

...me

not that i hated it, just didn't love it. It just felt all a little too un-finished. Felt like it was a film saved in the edit room after having limited material to work with.

Also, considering the directors past work (Harmony Korine) I would have thought he'd go somewhere interesting with the concept and environment, but it pretty much plays out as a standard film that anyone else would have directed.

unsatisfying ending also.

*edit*

also saw Trance,

Rosario Dawson's shaved pussy/10

Edited by TRiP

...me

not that i hated it, just didn't love it. It just felt all a little too un-finished. Felt like it was a film saved in the edit room after having limited material to work with.

Also, considering the directors past work (Harmony Korine) I would have thought he'd go somewhere interesting with the concept and environment, but it pretty much plays out as a standard film that anyone else would have directed.

unsatisfying ending also.

What's crazi is that I totally agree with you on everything you mentioned.

I saw it with a group of friends and afterward, I was saying how it felt like the actual screenplay must have been 20 pages long and that they filled it out by just getting cool shots of James Franco looking out the window and re-using footage from just about every scene they shot and putting a VoiceOver under it where the girl says "spring break".

The ending did feel a little to be desired, to.

Having said all that. It was fun as fuck to watch. Every time I heard the VoiceOver say "spring break" I lol'd.

What was brilliant about it was how it was just an excuse to take the piss out of dumb kids who go down to party like idiots in Florida.

Also, it was clearly taking the piss out of Florida, in general.

At the beginning, I was sure I was going to hate it, but all told, I found it highly entertaining.

Plus... same DP as Enter The Void.

Edit

Plus... hot girlies.

Edited by jefferoo

Guest zaphod

akira

dropped an obscene amount of money on an out of print blu ray. hadn't seen this film in years. it rules. saw it back in the early 90's on tv, probably edited, then again on a vhs. it makes no sense at all. i turn the audio to japanese and turn off the subtitles. no point trying. the manga is better as a narrative, but the visual aesthetic combined with the soundtrack elevate akira to classic status. like watching steinbolt for two hours.

I haven't seen akira in about 15 years, I must redeem myself. Every time I see a still from it, hear the music or read about it, I gently cream my pants and sob.

akira

dropped an obscene amount of money on an out of print blu ray. hadn't seen this film in years. it rules. saw it back in the early 90's on tv, probably edited, then again on a vhs. it makes no sense at all. i turn the audio to japanese and turn off the subtitles. no point trying. the manga is better as a narrative, but the visual aesthetic combined with the soundtrack elevate akira to classic status. like watching steinbolt for two hours.

there are two overdubs, the original 90's VHS release and the later DVD remaster that an new script so you could actually follow what was going on a little better but I found the the voice acting was a little flat compared to the original which is the version I prefer in a nostalgic way

Guest zaphod

nah, akira doesn't make sense. doesn't matter what overdub, translation, professor of japanese studies walking you through the subtext. the movie is a hot mess. wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh man. Why cant a fuck make a decent sci fi anymore. Caaam aaaan.

lol at that score for Country of Old Men

I kind of agree.

Chigurh (sp?) was very well realized in the film, but it still didn't correct the fundamental flaws in the source material. Main flaw being Cormac McCarthy and his Old Testament sense of the world. You either respond to it, or you don't. Depending on my mood, I either like it, or think it's laughable. Really depends.

lol at that score for Country of Old Men

I kind of agree.

Chigurh (sp?) was very well realized in the film, but it still didn't correct the fundamental flaws in the source material. Main flaw being Cormac McCarthy and his Old Testament sense of the world. You either respond to it, or you don't. Depending on my mood, I either like it, or think it's laughable. Really depends.

It seems as if the Coens tried to put something in it, but it really didn't work. Bardem was really good, I liked the Ed Tom character too, but every story gimmick is watered down to the point of being pretentious.