IGNORED

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

cear

boc has completely swallowed any remaining interest i barely had in this release. now, every time i see this thread i read it as "random acid memories", and end up shuffling through the Old Tunes...

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

the fact that people actually like this makes me want to slit my wrists

what a extreme reaction

edit: just took a quick listen, pretty boring. wrists unslit over here.

I completely understand why people would like it. It's pleasant. It's also dull and not even close to novel but that doesn't give me the right to judge others for liking it. I dunno, I find the casual limited listening habits of most people lame but I don't care and certainly don't get angry over it. I would of felt like Vamos as a 19 or 20 year old, but not now. I was needlessly pissy and cynical then.

Strangely, listening to that cover version I get the overwhelming urge to fart in Daughter's face. And knock them off that hipster pedestal. They're just dullards.

Strangely, listening to that cover version I get the overwhelming urge to fart in Daughter's face. And knock them off that hipster pedestal. They're just dullards.

Hahah what's with all the Daughter hate? Pink is sooooo much worse!

Edit: and Kelly Clarkson.

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

Only a hipster would use the word "dullard."

hmmm....methinks thou doth protest too much.

what a extreme reaction edit: just took a quick listen, pretty boring. wrists unslit over here.

I completely understand why people would like it. It's pleasant. It's also dull and not even close to novel but that doesn't give me the right to judge others for liking it. I dunno, I find the casual limited listening habits of most people lame but I don't care and certainly don't get angry over it. I would of felt like Vamos as a 19 or 20 year old, but not now. I was needlessly pissy and cynical then.

Take a look around. See a new ae? Square pusher? Fsol? Hell I'd even take a Fboy slim

This shit isn't ok. It's weak

what a extreme reaction

edit: just took a quick listen, pretty boring. wrists unslit over here.

it's not so much the actual music itself, which is shitty but whatever, but it's kinda that covering a disco single from a famous band from an album THAT HASN'T EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET really just drives home the cash/internet buzz grab aspect. "Oh, let's just cover this when the song is really hot in the charts so people will listen to us." that kind of smarmy smug business move is really irritating to me. I'm doubly irritated by limpdick indie covers of dance tracks where they actually remove the most interesting part: the rhythm!! much like that retarded cover of heartbeats. all in the name of "emotional" i guess... I love that, like it's impossible to be emotional and reflective when you're dancing or have any sort of syncopated beat.

also i'm 21 so by your rules i'm allowed to be needlessly pissy and cynical so THERE!

I don't know guys, I actually like that cover, finding it better than the original. I quickly surfed through their other songs on tube and haven't found anything similar in style. The only thing I miss is that vocoder part, why no rework?

Guest drukqs

I'm tired of hearing about this fucking album. The only people I hear talking about it are those with shit taste in music and surface-level knowledge of electronic music.

This x100000.

I don't like to get elitist about music, but all the people who I follow on Tumblr who are excited about this NEVER mentioned Daft Punk before this released was announced. Its like "Oh yeah? Who's releasing a new album? Oh yeah, they did Harder, Better, Faster, and Robot Rock and Around the World right? Oh yeah! Sick. *Listens to 30 second loop of Get Lucky/Mexican Monkey synth vocal rework* Oh damn this is poppin." Then it's "Yeah so fucking excited for this album, you guys have NO FUCKING IDEA. I've been waiting SO LONG FOR THIS" (aka since middle school when they were briefly "into Daft Punk" along with being "into Blink 182")

LOL

Some of you must have a really hard life. But without being elitist about it.... You wussy closeted elitists!

Really?

Just get over it. Why do you really care that much? Or do you?

Stop swearing.

Sorry, I will never utter the name Chris Cunningham again :(

It was directed at Limpy.

oh fine yeah just ignore my post like it wasn't even there

that's not very nice/positive of you

look what you did:

*sobs in fetal position*

Guest zaphod

was blasting last rushup 10 in my car and my friend turned to me and asked, in earnest, if it was the new daft punk.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if you didn't immediately throw that person out of your moving car then I'm pretty sure that's a bannable offense as stipulated in the "so your friend is a philistine..." section of the forum rules.