6.- 1/10 wow vocals really ruined it

7.- 7.8/10

8.- 2/10

9.- 7.9/10

10.- 8.6/10

11..- 8/10 only for the beat

12.- 7/10

13.- 6.5/10

Interesting move by Daft Punk. A bit dissapointing, though... Imho, this is a 6.5-7/10 album. Not that great. The Game of Love is incredibly good, though.

I agree with song 10 being the best one

surprisingly mellow album so far. :/

Game of Love made my wiener soft. Giorgio is great.

goddamn I can't take these fart noises.

From what I'm hearing in chatmm right now, this album is supposed to be really really good.

i think they were being sarcastic, this album is decent but definitely nothing special. Seems much more organic and funky and less thumpy grimey synths and the track with panda bear sounds... trap? influenced. Over all for me the album is like a 7.3/10, none of the tracks are unbearable (except maybe the 2nd half of the last song which is just distortion with increasing intensity til it crackles away) but there's nothing new or exciting about it

Edited by rstark

about to listen to a copy of it at work

if it sucks I'm going to add some white noise, rip it on tape with Dolby C added, then slow that down 30% and dub that onto my old reel to reel, rip that onto a bad VHS tape, and play it on my old stereo speakers until new BoC leaks

when you consider the amount of time & money (and hype) thats probably gone into this album, who they've hired to work on it, the production values, the fact that its daft punk who can be fantastic & this is what they release. its very disappointing.

Guest igloos unlmtd

maybe too conventional song structures. the songs seem too long & don't have any 'woaaaah' moments.

the panda bear track is a real let down.

the todd track is pretty strange. i like the chorus production - typical todd but the overall song is kinda boring.

overall i say boring album.

when you consider the amount of time & money (and hype) thats probably gone into this album, who they've hired to work on it, the production values, the fact that its daft punk who can be fantastic & this is what they release. its very disappointing.

a good album doesn't need this level of over the top promotion. i knew something was amiss when we were 10 deep into promo videos.

This Album should be an "EP or a bonus Lp" its to different for what Daft Punk stands for.

Listen to the last minute of CONTACT ,the last track on the Album maybe its a hint for the "real" next Daft Punk Album.

"fragments of time" is pretty great. I'll listen to it again. the casablancas track is terrible as is the panda bear. a lot of it could have been better with a little more work but the idea is good and its very well produced on the whole.

still a better listen than 99.99% of other "album based" music coming out

sounds like they read a comment on the internet saying 'electronic music is not real music' and got offended so picked up a bunch of real instruments and made an album with them without really knowing how to use them. i guess they are going for this retro-funk glossy disco kind of thing and I was psyched for that but it has come out pretty cheesy and just ultimately boring imo... the whole concept could have been totally badass but its just... making me want to turn it off. it needs to be shorter at least, or not kick off with such a tight cluster of boring/slow/cheesy songs (1st track is pretty good though, despite going nowhere)

"fragments of time" is pretty great. I'll listen to it again. the casablancas track is terrible as is the panda bear. a lot of it could have been better with a little more work but the idea is good and its very well produced on the whole.

still a better listen than 99.99% of other "album based" music coming out

Indeed, for example "instant Crush" sounds at the beginning very catchy but than its going nowhere,.,..