IGNORED

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

cear

Guest cult fiction

So that fake get lucky turned out to be the real thing?

Truly awful... I totally thought that "like the legend of the phoenix" was somebody putting on a poor Pharrell impersonation.

It really sounds like an edit of the teaser snippets together - there's no musical substance that wasn't already heard.

Great marketing though - if they had just dropped the whole thing from the start, I don't think it would be anywhere near as big.

It's not bad but it's meh. It's a fun, smooth quasi-catchy song but it's not a proper hit single. This isn't worth waiting for. It sounds like something to be played out on a chillout DJ mix for lounges to put on as background music. I hope the rest of the album deviates from this template.

Say what you want, but that was truly original, world-craves-for-something-new way to censor "pussy" out of the song:

She's up all night 'til the sun
I'm up all night to get some

ass, titties, ass 'n titties, ass, ass, titties, titties, ass 'n titties

Someone needs to say it: BRILLIANT

....tbh, i was always a huge daft punk fanboy who owns almost all dp-related releases (even alive 1997, the crydamoure compilations and the albums by alan braxe and fred falke) and i have to admit that get luck is really such a weak track. i feel absolutely nothing and im heavily disappointed by this track. it isn't catchy, it isn't interesting, i hate the singing by pharell, there's nothing special abut the beat, it doesn't have the trademark 909 sound of dp....get lucky could be a track produced by avicii or afrojack or timbaland. it's just horrible. if the rest of the album is similar, this is going to be a massive pile of horseshit, as one in here said before.

I actually listened to old Bangalter tracks this afternoon to perk up my ears after listening to "get lucky"

I'm still hopeful, I don't want to get all cynical and pessimistic about the new Daft Punk album based off one song that didn't do it for me. It's still catchy - I dunno I just had this grand expectation they'd return to their filter house roots and sidechain mastery coupled with epic Tron-esque synth arpeggios or something. I feel like "Get Lucky" sounds like a silly mediocre Justice single...first impression anyway.