IGNORED

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

cear

This is a beautiful album, incredible really.

I don't think this guy gets enough credit, he is extremely talented. I loved Mind Bokeh except for that terrible "Take off your shirt" track, but it gets a lot of hate.

I think Silver Wilkinson will make the lovers of Fi, Vignetting, etc very happy. It is like a happy medium between his folk and electronic styles.. lol folktronica.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a beautiful album, incredible really.

I don't think this guy gets enough credit, he is extremely talented. I loved Mind Bokeh except for that terrible "Take off your shirt" track, but it gets a lot of hate.

I think Silver Wilkinson will make the lovers of Fi, Vignetting, etc very happy. It is like a happy medium between his folk and electronic styles.. lol folktronica.

This. I prefer Vignetting over his other albums. This is close but doesn't quite top it for me. Still, great album. Definitely a couple notches above Mind Bokeh which was pretty hit or miss for me. I also like it more than AA, although I know I'll probably be in the minority there.

Guest Araungzeb

After a few listens "You Won't Remember" is easily the standout to me, probably the most beautiful thing he's ever written. Overall I'm really digging the album but I'll wait another week or so to fully make up my mind on it.

First listen tonight, sounds awesome! You is such a head nodder and some of the tracks are definitely reminiscent of VTC, I already like this a lot more than Mind Bokeh

Good work bibio!

Guest texan whip

I'm especially attracted to Bibio's music as I too have grown up in the Black Country area of the West Midlands. Although it has a rich history I really don't have very many nice things to say about the place and what is has become today - half empty high streets full of Poundland shops and down trodden people. It is a desperately poor place with very little greenery and the few parks you get are full of "chavs". I'm at a loss where he gets his inspiration from?

Guest texan whip

The new album is a very beautiful piece of work by the way.

I can see/hear the Nick Drake (another Midlander) influence on alot of what he does - The Palm Of Your Wave could almost be Nick singing out from beyond the grave! I'd love to see Bibio drop the electronic noodlings and do a Pink Moon type acoustic album of those moody folk songs.

Guest wutherslgf

I've only heard a few tracks, but it seems like it takes the best parts from Vignetting and AA. Does that seem about right to you all who have heard the whole thing?

I'm so excited for this record.

I've only heard a few tracks, but it seems like it takes the best parts from Vignetting and AA.

Precisely what I'm hoping for. Can't wait for this to arrive now.

This is so good! It's what everyone expected done in such a great way. If you like any Bibio's release this is a must.

good album but 'You' should have been left off and the singles b-side 'Bequeath' used instead, its an alright track but just doesn't fit in. thats the one i'm skipping. might have suited Mind Bokeh more

good album but 'You' should have been left off and the singles b-side 'Bequeath' used instead, its an alright track but just doesn't fit in. thats the one i'm skipping. might have suited Mind Bokeh more

You're absolutely right, in my opinion. Me and my gf had this conversation yesterday while listening and that song is the only one that didn't belong.

He did the same thing on Mind Bokeh with "Take Off Your Shirt"... Song completely doesn't belong lol.

Guest jasondonervan

watmm hivemind... I'm with YOU all in regards to that track. Nice tune, but it doesn't sit right with the rest of the album at all.

Guest isaki

great album, loving the introduction of the bleeps and bloops in "mirroring all" as the album progresses

This is lovely, VTC is my favorite of his so this was a great return to form. A nice surprise indeed. Really dislike "You", totally disrupts the flow of the album I agree, but other than that it's a very nice album, especially with the summer coming up.

Guest Araungzeb

Business Park is veery Clark. Like, I would believe if it were a collaboration between the two of them.

Its also very awesome

I remember that they put out an excellent split 12" the year that Mind Bokeh came out, hopefully that means that an actual collaboration is a possibility...

Archived