IGNORED

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

cear

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First listen: FUCK. ME. BACKWARDS. It's superb, sounds more like the follow-up to AA to me. I did agree about You until I heard Business Park. Not sure what the split is on the vinyl version, but it makes a nice little interlude. Am I alone in loving the shit out of Mirroring All, by the way?

And the Japanese bonus track makes for a perfect closer, vocoder and sfx reprise of You Won't Remember... Like 18 (keyosc), it sounds like an extension of the album instead of a tacked-on extra.

Very much enjoying this album. I think it's Stephen's best work to date, and it marries his older sound with his newer one very nicely indeed.

'You' is jarringly out of place, however, and I've since deleted it from my mp3 player. The album flows waaaaaay better without it, imo.

Guest Gravity

And the Japanese bonus track makes for a perfect closer, vocoder and sfx reprise of You Won't Remember... Like 18 (keyosc), it sounds like an extension of the album instead of a tacked-on extra.

Oooh, I need to hear that. Also you're not alone about Mirroring All, it's really fucking good.

'You' is jarringly out of place, however, and I've since deleted it from my mp3 player. The album flows waaaaaay better without it, imo.

really? "you" sounds like something straight off AA, it feels good and breaks the monotony. there's as much variety later on the album. i don't understand the repeated negative sentiment about the track here.

really? "you" sounds like something straight off AA, it feels good and breaks the monotony. there's as much variety later on the album. i don't understand the repeated negative sentiment about the track here.

It's an alright track, it just doesn't belong on the album. Ambivalence Avenue felt more like a compilation of tracks and IMO "you" maybe belongs on there, since he produced it around the same time as fire ant.. If I'm not mistaken bibio himself said in an interview it kind of seemed out of place?

but to each their own! I'm glad you like it. =)

It's an alright track, it just doesn't belong on the album. Ambivalence Avenue felt more like a compilation of tracks and IMO "you" maybe belongs on there, since he produced it around the same time as fire ant.. If I'm not mistaken bibio himself said in an interview it kind of seemed out of place?

but to each their own! I'm glad you like it. =)

This.

Very much enjoying this album. I think it's Stephen's best work to date, and it marries his older sound with his newer one very nicely indeed.

Agreed!!!! I mean, "You" is not a bad song... it just doesn't belong.

I guess StephenG already had the same input, :emb: but it's true!

Guest jasondonervan

that's some very nice packaging.

If I wasn't cutting back on vinyl, I would buy this in a heart beat. I will have to make do with lusting after it from afar.

Yes, vinyl arrived today, and damn sexy it is if a tiny bit battered in the post. Some cool freebies with these too, a Silver Wilkinson carrier bag from Warp and an artwork-themed Warp logo sticker from Japan.

Guest Jenga

Yeah, not understanding the interruption feeling of You either. Flow is seamless right there to me. Of course the style is different, but the mood still connects the same for me.

The bigger abrasive moment for me is the opening synth bass on Business Park. I really love that song but the first few seconds kinda catch me off guard each listen.

I am also probably biased about the You thing though - because I just think it is an absurdly good track. When the main sample breaks down and starts the second half of the song (not including the outro) is one of the most goosebump chilling moments on the album.

Yes, vinyl arrived today, and damn sexy it is if a tiny bit battered in the post. Some cool freebies with these too, a Silver Wilkinson carrier bag from Warp and an artwork-themed Warp logo sticker from Japan.

ahh.... what? lol I don't think most people got this...?

Guest AcrossCanyons

Amazing album, not that I expected anything less. I think You fits perfectly, everything would blend into another too much if it wasn't there, it is a perfect break. Bibio has a great talent at making an album flow with such different styles. Surprised this album is so dark sounding actually, especially as Bibio is my go-to happy music. I need tracks like You and A Tout A L'heure to cheer me up after some of these tracks. Not sure where it ranks with AA and Mind Bokeh but all three are close to 10/10 imo. Also the artwork looks amazing although I didn't like the cover much when it was first released.

Guest Jenga

AcrossCanyons - agreed.

I wonder what are the three songs that are so briefly sampled after the church bells sample somewhere between Raincoat and Look at Orion

Just got home from a weekend away to find my copy waiting for me from Bleep. :emotawesomepm9: Listening to it now.

I got this snazzy Silver Wilkinson plastic bag with it too, wasn't sure what to do with it so I've just put it over my head and secured it nice and tightly with a elastic band so it doesn't fall off. I think that's what it's for yeah?

...I'm feeling a bit dizzy now.

*keels over*

*THUD!!!*

Guest jasondonervan

that's some very nice packaging.

If I wasn't cutting back on vinyl, I would buy this in a heart beat. I will have to make do with lusting after it from afar.

Don't trust this person - they're a complete liar :emb: If there's anyone from WARP watching, know this - your sexy packaging made me powerless to resist buying this about an hour ago :music:

Archived