IGNORED

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

cear

^ nevermind, its already out! and its awesome

Best music video I've seen in a looooong time.

+ great song too.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jenga

Can't wait for this. Is it streaming anywhere online?

Waiting on my pre-order before finding a download or whatever anywhere.

Can't wait for this. Is it streaming anywhere online?

Waiting on my pre-order before finding a download or whatever anywhere.

Not officially streaming, but it's out there. And trust me, I think you're gonna like it

Guest Jenga

WOW. This is magical.

Again -- I absolutely love Bibio's sampling. In particular, I love the waves/rain/water sounds kinda dispersed throughout the whole album.

Haven't heard the new album yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm pleased to read these "Vignetting..." comparisons, since that is still my favorite Bibio release.

I am enjoying his Fader mix, and I was surprised to hear Daniel Johnston's voice coming in there over Nathan Fake. Nice. I never heard of Daniel Johnston until Aserinsky made his batcock BOC fake tease video, but I'm glad I did.

New convert of Bibio sat right here

beerboss!

I'm glad. I think it's a great album. Sparked one up with the wife last weekend and gave it a good listen. I think it's his best warp release yet. =)

Guest Jenga

Whoa -- This is seriously on.

Can't quite describe it yet but these songs really bring out that kinda sad, kinda contemplative deep-thinking mode for me.

Which I love. +++

Guest crowder

Applies hipstamatic filter to brain and imagines jaunty lady with non-prescription glasses twirling about in a field

like some kind of "mind bokeh" effect

I'm having a hard time staying away from those preview tracks. I really don't want to "over-listen" them before I get the full album, but they're just so hella good.

The full album has been leaked for a while already, normally i'd snatch that up but i ordered the CD release so I'm trying to hold out. It's not easy.

Listened through about 4 times already, great album!... Why don't we have a Bibio subforum? He's certainly more consistent than some of the other featured artists.

Guest Jenga

Absolutely agree with ghOstly. Always wanting to talk more bibio.

Edit: Obsessively playing "You Won't Remember" at the moment

Guest cult fiction

I'm actually a bit disappointed with this album after a few listens - seems like a blend of his last 3 albums with more focus on Vignetting style arrangment, but with much weaker songwriting.

You Won't Remember and Raincoat are the highlights for me. I love the start of Mirroring All but the noodly and directionless last 3 minutes ruin it.

You/Look At Orion style songs feel a bit out of place, and were also done much better on AA.

Maybe I'll like it more later on but right now it's a let down after his last 2 brilliant albums, even the b-sides of which were better than most of this album.

My favorites so far: Sycamore Silhouetting, Look at Orion!, Business Park, You won't Remember

You Won't Remember's my favorite out of all of them. It's a perfect blend of warmth and cold melancholy vibes. I love that... The minimalism is sweet. The sad lyrics and the way he sings them...

beerboss!

I'm glad. I think it's a great album. Sparked one up with the wife last weekend and gave it a good listen. I think it's his best warp release yet. =)

Hi mate, I need to get some green for all this summer madness!! I've already put the signal out for some tasty weed. I don't usualy toke as it plays serious mindgames with my brain (mountains out of molehills syndrome) my brain actually speeds up to a million miles an hour when stoned lol work that one out however I put it down to smoking after drinking a barrel of beer. I have to be strict and do the green first. It rarely happens heheh..

Really up for this album now. Japanese CD arrived the other day, going to give a spin on my day off tomorrow. I'm guessing that the bonus track (But I Wanted You) ties in with You Won't Remember.

Absolutely agree with ghOstly. Always wanting to talk more bibio.

Edit: Obsessively playing "You Won't Remember" at the moment

Had it on repeat last day, best track in the album to me. Also specially well placed at the end of the album, leaves you wanting more and more

beerboss!

Hi mate, I need to get some green for all this summer madness!! I've already put the signal out for some tasty weed. I don't usualy toke as it plays serious mindgames with my brain (mountains out of molehills syndrome) my brain actually speeds up to a million miles an hour when stoned lol work that one out however I put it down to smoking after drinking a barrel of beer. I have to be strict and do the green first. It rarely happens heheh..

Woah, I think we share the same mind Beerboss. :mellow: I'm really trying my best to wait for the wax to show up before listening to it. The urges are so strong right now to find this 'stream' you guys are talking about. :wtf:

beerboss!

managed to pickup a couple big baggies of some blueberry ;)

it's nice a and blue. and tasty! and the album goes great with it.

sounds like it will be the perfect soundtrack for upcoming sunny summer days!

I seem to remember similar sentiment about Ambivalence Avenue being expressed. I also remember playing Vignetting the Compost that summer instead.

i shop at the Gap

lol

I haven't liked anything as much as VtC from him. I have liked some of it, just not as much as that album. I'm waiting for something to really snag my attention from him.

And I liked Take Off Your Shirt. Sue me. It wasn't a great track, but I liked it.

Archived