IGNORED

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

cear

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the new album is like some of those short videos he posted on his channel the past few months. This one is one of my favorites:

Guest Lucy Faringold

not massively feeling this yet. Feels a little bit safe and predictable. Don't like the reverb on the vocals either. Will listen again when the sun's out.

Never got into Bibio

me neither, bit too flowery. i could handle it more if he dropped the vocals. the new artwork is very shower curtain/kimono pattern

yup what i've heard it always seems a bit lightweight, though i've never really given him much time, to be fair

Sounds more like it's fitting into the "band" style that Warp is becoming accustomed to rather than more Bokeh, if that's not a stupid thing to say?

Sounds more like it's fitting into the "band" style that Warp is becoming accustomed to rather than more Bokeh, if that's not a stupid thing to say?

insanely stupid

Will listen to the album, but that track seems a bit too vocal-centric to me.

I agree he's destined for a major hit at some point. I know a girl that loves really crappy pop music that likes him, having discovered him through a commercial. Not that I care as long as I still enjoy his music and I'm not forced to hear it more often than I want to.

It is a beautiful and sincere-sounding tune, if that makes sense. I really prefer his "Vignetting..."-style work, but this track is too genuine for me to dismiss just because it doesn't match my preferences exactly.

I agree with you guys on his destiny: I actually think that if anyone deserves the stardom, it's Bibio. He's got so much talent and obvious commitment to the craft; he certainly deserves the respect more than most of what passes as "pop" these days.

I haven't listened to much of Warp's current roster. Maybe I'm missing a trick or two, but their movement towards a different sound never took me with them.

This sounds excellent, however. I'm a huge Bibio fan and it would be great if he's produced an album that includes a bit more of the sound that established him (though I'm not a music fan who prefers his favoured musicians never to diversify - that way madness lies).

Archived