IGNORED

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

cear

f*ck the production/composition on a tout a l'heure is astonishing. so many detail. can't get bored of this one.

I'm with you on this one qnio!! I've been playing it over and over again, still can't get enough of it.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing album.

Love the linear progression. In that respect it reminds me of a DJ-set. Starts off completely acoustic and folk-y and gradually the music gets more and more electronic (and lively), before coming full circle.

"You" is the absolute highlight for me. Such a tune.

Even though I like Ambivalence Avenue slightly more, this album is a better listening-through-album. The style isn't all over the place like with Ambivalence Avenue and Mind Bokeh.

Even though I like Ambivalence Avenue slightly more, this album is a better listening-through-album. The style isn't all over the place like with Ambivalence Avenue and Mind Bokeh.

agreed. AA and Mind Bokeh are more compilations than albums, IMO. That was my first impression from Silver too...

wtf is the point of pre-ordering if you receive your copy weeks after everyone else? I still don't have my vinyl.

Neither do I. :dry: I caved and listened to the digital download this morning. I was going to wait for the vinyl to hear it in its entirety first but I couldn't take it anymore. What a beautiful album! :happy:

Yes. Production on all the tracks make them seem like they fit on the same album, as opposed to the variety pack style on those 2. AA is awesome, but the shifts in style from track to track don't lend well to the overall flow. I still can't stand the 1st 2 tracks on Mind Bokeh; they meander around not going anywhere and sound like they should be b-sides. The rest of the album is hit and miss, and has the same flow issues as AA.

Really liking this new one. It reminds me more of VTC than the last 2.

Been listening to this like crazy. Sometimes I just want to hear one song then I end up hearing everything after that forgetting to turn it off. This might be my favorite Bibio album!

Gave it another listen through while just chilling around a fire this weekend, such a great album... probably one of my fav of his, and like was mentioned it does feel like it has better flow than some of the previous albums

I love the intro and outro to You, but I despise the middle. When I first heard it in April, I became elated at how nimble it was, but the second those squeaky letherette vocals came in, I grew quite sad. The Bibio/Letherette Union on Apple and Tooth was really good though.

But Daffodils, Dye the water Green, Wulf, Sycamore Silhouetting...feels good that he is releasing stuff like that.

~

I was amazed by AA when it came out because I had been listening to so much Fi and was quite shocked that the person underneath those sounds was so versatile, and he created a sound that I hadn't heard before. Nothing is quite as summery, honest, and hopeful as lovers' carvings, such a promising, elusive sound for 2009. The title track also has that sort of ectoplasm of warmth.

The only track I can really say I loved from Bokeh is Saint Christopher.

All in all, I just wish there was more of that warmth. If you don't know what I'm talking about then don't worry about it.

Guest Jenga

Agree on the pre-order frustration. Vinyl has been "despatched" for too long to not have arrived yet.

EDIT: Also agree on the love for the music after multiple listens. Really great work.

I still don't have mine man! I ordered April 20th!

Same, this is the last time I pre-order anything from Bleep. This is ridiculous :cerious:

I feel for you two, that really is chronic. Without wanting to rub it in, my vinyl turned up from Bleep two days before the release date, so fuck knows what's keeping yours. I assume you've checked your order status or have emailed them, or both?

I still don't have mine man! I ordered April 20th!

Same, this is the last time I pre-order anything from Bleep. This is ridiculous :cerious:

I feel for you two, that really is chronic. Without wanting to rub it in, my vinyl turned up from Bleep two days before the release date, so fuck knows what's keeping yours. I assume you've checked your order status or have emailed them, or both?

Emailed them and they said sorry, please allow 21-28 business days for delivery.

What the actual fuck is going on? A preorder is not supposed to take over a month for delivery. It's supposed to be on your doorstep the day of or very closely thereafter the date of release.

And this isn't the first time. I don't live in the arctic circle either lol!

Guest Jenga

No kidding. Really just doesn't make sense. Nothing takes that long to deliver. Definitely not excited about bleep pre-orders after this one.

For Bibio's sake, maybe I'll try to just assume there is just a tremendous amount of orders for this one and it's just taking that long to package and mail them all out.

Well yeah! I'm kind of pissed off lol. The email was almost condescending in a way too. I would post it but I deleted it =(.

I'm worried about when I'm going to get my BoC?! November? December?

Guest bitroast

That makes no sense. Australian record shops had it for sale at release date... (I purchased my copy and live on other side of planet...).

Maybe this is one of the percs of having good local record shops. Do you guys not have that???

That makes no sense. Australian record shops had it for sale at release date... (I purchased my copy and live on other side of planet...).

Maybe this is one of the percs of having good local record shops. Do you guys not have that???

not really... there are a couple shops here but honestly Canada isn't really exposed to good music. People here like Skrillex and deadmau5 so theres no market for watmm style tunes. Maybe in Vancouver, Montreal, or Toronto you'd find a decent shop.

theres a couple small shops sprouting up here in Calgary. Gf managed to snag parastrophics there the other week. So maybe there's hope.

But part of why I order online is because I'm super busy with school and work and sometimes 2 hours to squeeze in to go to a record shop that may or probably won't have a decent album is too long!

I'm counting on places like bleepy bloopy whatever the fuck it's called now to get me stuff on time!

/rant

sorry lol

But I've derailed the thread! I've got the digital copy of this and it's awesome. :emotawesomepm9:

Archived