IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

Not my first time Warpmart/Bleep messed up for me (wrong CD delivered and got a Ventolin Remixes CD with a Ventolin EP CD case) , and I'm in the exact same situation as oscillik. Just sent them a 'complaint' mail that it is the only mailorder that can't add products to pre-orders, or sending two packages when making one order where a released record and a pre-order are together. That's just beyond inefficient as you pay double shipping and handling costs. Besides that a mate of me who lives 2 streets next to me got his BoC CD after pre-ordering 8 days ago, whereas I pre-ordered the first minute after the code was cracked and I stíll have nothing. What was the use of pre-ordering again?

edit: to be fair, I did order more with Warpmart/Bleep, in a course of almost a decade, then I have with any other mailorder so there is bound to be some more fuckups. Won't single them out based on this too, that's a bit too harsh for my liking.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about it now, they did 'forget' to send me Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian with the promo CD (although they admitted as such when I emailed them and sent both CDs straight away). They also sent me the CD and vinyl of Exai seperately (which I preordered together) which turned up a few days apart. I still have little aprehension in ordering from them, although once again I hope you both get your orders sorted soon. As a lifelong music geek with OCD issues about such things, I feel your pain.

Thinking about it now, they did 'forget' to send me Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian with the promo CD (although they admitted as such when I emailed them and sent both CDs straight away). They also sent me the CD and vinyl of Exai seperately (which I preordered together) which turned up a few days apart. I still have little aprehension in ordering from them, although once again I hope you both get your orders sorted soon. As a lifelong music geek with OCD issues about such things, I feel your pain.

I'll definitely get it sorted out, because I will get a copy from Norman Records.

Not my first time Warpmart/Bleep messed up for me (wrong CD delivered and got a Ventolin Remixes CD with a Ventolin EP CD case)...

WHAT. I got a Ventolin EP CD in a Ventolin Remixes EP CD case. Never bothered to complain about it, since I did order the Ventolin EP, but the cover confused me a bit.

I'll definitely get it sorted out, because I will get a copy from Norman Records.

Phil approves of this message.

71601_157799317584648_5405263_n.jpg

Not my first time Warpmart/Bleep messed up for me (wrong CD delivered and got a Ventolin Remixes CD with a Ventolin EP CD case)...

WHAT. I got a Ventolin EP CD in a Ventolin Remixes EP CD case. Never bothered to complain about it, since I did order the Ventolin EP, but the cover confused me a bit.

Lol, so it was a more widespread error then I thought. Found the same faulty one in a store in Amsterdam back in 2007 and I saw they had a couple more with the same problem, I had to point it out and they would send 'm back to warp. Managed to get both through discogs marketplace eventually, and kept the error one as a collectors item, also didn't bother to complain :)

Surprised to see how many problems people have with Bleep. Without wanting to put the kibosh on things, I've never had a moments trouble with them, and I've probably ordered from them more than anyone else over the years.

This is the first time I've had any significant issue, but unfortunately it is a big issue.

why is this such a big issue to you? I ask honestly... I fucking love BOC just as much as the next neckbeard, but i'll listen to the album when it gets here (it hasn't yet.) I've waited.... 8 years now and I can wait another couple days or so. It's not as if Bleep was actively trying to fuck you over, or anyone for that matter. They're people too and sometimes things don't always work out as they intended. Have... a heart? Rabid consumer "who knows his rights" who gets whiny and petulant when a vinyl isn't delivered to his door the second it was promised?? Yeah, I bet Marcus and Mike would say fuck off wanker get over yourself, you can wait 3-7 extra days. Plus, you can already listen to the album in nice FLACS too if you're that desperate... and if its because you MUST HAVE THE VINYL or something, then that's entering into weird messed up fetish land and really why should i even bother

Surprised to see how many problems people have with Bleep. Without wanting to put the kibosh on things, I've never had a moments trouble with them, and I've probably ordered from them more than anyone else over the years.

This is the first time I've had any significant issue, but unfortunately it is a big issue.

why is this such a big issue to you? I ask honestly... I fucking love BOC just as much as the next neckbeard, but i'll listen to the album when it gets here (it hasn't yet.) I've waited.... 8 years now and I can wait another couple days or so. It's not as if Bleep was actively trying to fuck you over, or anyone for that matter. They're people too and sometimes things don't always work out as they intended. Have... a heart? Rabid consumer "who knows his rights" who gets whiny and petulant when a vinyl isn't delivered to his door the second it was promised?? Yeah, I bet Marcus and Mike would say fuck off wanker get over yourself, you can wait 3-7 extra days. Plus, you can already listen to the album in nice FLACS too if you're that desperate... and if its because you MUST HAVE THE VINYL or something, then that's entering into weird messed up fetish land and really why should i even bother

I've mentioned the main gripe I have here about 4 times now. I pre-ordered over a month in advance, and still do not have the record. Not only that, but those who place a new order right now will get the record cheaper. It's about paying for something that I haven't received, and getting absolute shit customer service regarding this.

But you have recived the digital and listened to it right? And officaly the album release date was Monday so hasn't even been a week yet. I do get why your pissed off but you are over reacting somewhat

But you have recived the digital and listened to it right? And officaly the album release date was Monday so hasn't even been a week yet. I do get why your pissed off but you are over reacting somewhat

Over-reacting because he has essentially overpaid for an item when it was first available for preorder and still hasn't received it (he's based in the same country as Bleep HQ is)? How is that an over-reaction?

1. I paid £18.69 as a pre-order to receive a physical vinyl record on release date.

2. The order was marked as 'despatched' on Friday 07/06/13, and their own email stated "2-7 days" expected delivery.

3. The order email clearly states "We aim to ship pre-orders to arrive with you on release date. There are sometimes delays with distributors and labels that are out of our control. If there will be a significant delay we will get in touch to let you know.", which they have not notified me about any delays even though it is abundantly clear that there is no issue with Royal Mail here and the fuck up is entirely on their head.

4. Bleep's customer service with this is shockingly bad, providing me with a copy-pasted response to a complaint email with numerous points of contention.

This is not an overreaction. I paid for a physical vinyl record to be arrive with me on release date. This has not happened.

edit: and as NorthernFusion just reminded me - I paid full price for a fucking pre-order that isn't here, yet anyone that orders right now will get it with 25% discount.

But you have the music right? You can enjoy the album although not on your chosen format maybe but really having the vinyl now or in a few days or is it really going to make that much difference to your life? I would get you level of pissed off-ness more if you couldn't listen to the album. Having said all this bleepp have fucked up and you are in your rights to be annoyed you just seem more fucked off than necessary

I think the issue is paying for physical goods and not receiving them. Speaking purely for myself, I feel like I work too hard for too little cash to just chuck it away.

But you have the music right? You can enjoy the album although not on your chosen format maybe but really having the vinyl now or in a few days or is it really going to make that much difference to your life? I would get you level of pissed off-ness more if you couldn't listen to the album. Having said all this bleepp have fucked up and you are in your rights to be annoyed you just seem more fucked off than necessary

There is nothing more I can say here. If you don't understand that someone would be majorly pissed off because they haven't received goods that they paid for almost 2 months ago now, and Bleep have given incredibly bad customer service, and Bleep are now giving new customers 25% discount when my item still hasn't arrived, then I think you must accept more of a ramming up the arse as a consumer.

As caretstik has already made light of, I work way too hard and don't get enough monetary recognition for my work. I gave money to Bleep on 29/04/13 and I have nothing to show for it. Not only that, but Bleep have not acknowledged this in the slightest and as of current writing have not responded to my request for a refund, a request that was made 2 days ago on Friday. They are open over the weekend and have been responding to other WATMMers queries, so they can't cry "we were closed".

But you paid for it over 2 months ago because it was a pre order not because its 2 months late (tho do think the practice of charging straight away for pre ordets is pretty shit anyway) just out of interest would you be more or less pissed off if the release was delayed? Say if there was pressing issues and no1 had got it yet would that be better for you or worse? Is it cause others have something you don't? I do why you pissed off but just think you are getting well upset over something which isn't even a week late yet and will come in the end and you already have the files

Anyhow maybe should be more talk about the music anbd less about the release fuck ups! Am also not a massive BOC fan normaly but am proper loving this. Are the hardcore BOC massive loving this as well or has it not lived up to the wait & the hype for some people?

But you paid for it over 2 months ago because it was a pre order not because its 2 months late (tho do think the practice of charging straight away for pre ordets is pretty shit anyway) just out of interest would you be more or less pissed off if the release was delayed? Say if there was pressing issues and no1 had got it yet would that be better for you or worse? Is it cause others have something you don't? I do why you pissed off but just think you are getting well upset over something which isn't even a week late yet and will come in the end and you already have the files

Anyhow maybe should be more talk about the music anbd less about the release fuck ups! Am also not a massive BOC fan normaly but am proper loving this. Are the hardcore BOC massive loving this as well or has it not lived up to the wait & the hype for some people?

it is a week late, actually. it was "despatched" on the 7th.

you clearly DO take it up the arse from retailers.

back on topic, no I don't think the album lived up to the hype

Not really, am always complaining when I dont think I get the Service or Product I expect.. Its the only way companies learn and you often get free shit and refunds out of it! so yeah am all for it and obviously Bleep havent meet your expections here so yeah let rip with the fuckers by all means, just personaly I wouldnt be that bothered in this case..

But yeah am more of a casual BOC fan anyway.. I ordered just the digital of 7digital a few days before it came out for a fiver got it in my Inbox last Sunday and have been very much enjoying the album all week so this customer is very happy! ;)

Guess people that have been waiting for this release for years and buliding up what they thought it should sound like in their head are more likely to be dissapointed but I think its some of the best stuff they have ever done. it has also made me think i should give geogaddi some more listens as I never really got why everone banged on about that album so much and never really listened to it very often, before when I was in a BOC mood i would always listen to MHTRTC but think Tomorrows Harvest could be my new go to BOC album from now on!

Hi ******

Whilst we could not make this offer only available to preorder customers, we only advertised it to them and it was intended as a bonus to them. The mail you received was the only place it has been promoted. The scenario you outline was unintended and certainly won't be repeated if it has been interrupted like this.

Sorry that you have found this.

Best wishes

Bleep Support

QjhvTtG.gif

has it not lived up to the wait & the hype for some people?

even with or without, no. at least 5 tracks on it are unbearable, so much i can't listen to them, skip.

back on topic, no I don't think the album lived up to the hype

While this album is pretty good in parts, I think it's proof that BoC are not the least bit about affirming people's beliefs or getting praised. They just kind of do what they do.

I'll be the first to admit that when I listened to the leak before Bleep made it available, I thought it was a fake made by fans. Imagine my surprise.

Hi ******

Whilst we could not make this offer only available to preorder customers, we only advertised it to them and it was intended as a bonus to them. The mail you received was the only place it has been promoted. The scenario you outline was unintended and certainly won't be repeated if it has been interrupted like this.

Sorry that you have found this.

Best wishes

Bleep Support

QjhvTtG.gif

holy shit have blerp hired in illiterate immigrant temps to deal with all the customer enquiries???

Archived