IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that they have just marked all orders as "despatched" but are sending them out as and when they can, trying to get through them all.

I also placed another order of 2 records from Chemical Records yesterday (at 3.30pm, no less) and they showed up this morning. It's clearly the case that Bleep haven't posted all of the orders. Maybe they aren't being sent from the usual warehouse/office.

This is why they give us the downloads on release. They also give is a single track prior to that so that they can charge us for the order even before it is sent out.

Guest jasondonervan

I also placed another order of 2 records from Chemical Records yesterday (at 3.30pm, no less) and they showed up this morning.

Good folks down at Chemical. I'm in the fortunate position of being local enough to be able to pop down to the warehouse to pick an order up if the need takes me. They're kind of set up like Argos - they have about six screens with headphones hooked up, showing the site. Browse and preview what you need, chuck it in the crate, then finish your order. Pay at the counter, watch as the warehouse warning light kicks in, wait a few minutes for the unseen Oompa Loompas to do their thing, then smile as your order appears at the hatch.

Haha, that's cool.

I'm able to pick up Boomkat orders from their offices on my lunch hour, which is equally as beneficial but a lot less entertaining.

Haha, that's cool.

I'm able to pick up Boomkat orders from their offices on my lunch hour, which is equally as beneficial but a lot less entertaining.

That's pretty cool, and obviously saves on delivery charges.

Like a few of you, I'm still waiting for bleep to send my records too. I have a feeling this is why theyre taking so long:

976579_10151618331227829_278572989_o.jpg

(bleep stockroom, boc pre-orders)

That's kinda irrelevant though, since my Bleep order has been showing as 'despatched' since last Friday - if it's despatched, it's left the warehouse. If it hasn't left the warehouse, it isn't despatched and shouldn't be designated as such.

Boomkat do that (or at least used to when I still had the patience to buy from them)

Dispatch notice on Thursday. Records actually arrived Tuesday/Wednesday. I actually emailed them once and they even admitted that they mark stuff as dispatched but don't actually deliver until Monday. I imagine that like a previous poster said, these records are probably still in the warehouse, getting sent to the couriers/royal mail in batches.

My guess is that they have just marked all orders as "despatched" but are sending them out as and when they can, trying to get through them all.

I also placed another order of 2 records from Chemical Records yesterday (at 3.30pm, no less) and they showed up this morning. It's clearly the case that Bleep haven't posted all of the orders. Maybe they aren't being sent from the usual warehouse/office.

This is why they give us the downloads on release. They also give is a single track prior to that so that they can charge us for the order even before it is sent out.

Regarding the bolded statement, Bleep have always charged you immediately upon placing an order, even if it's a pre-order. They don't have to give you a track to justify taking your money immediately - it's simply they way they have always worked, even back in the WarpMart days.

Like a few of you, I'm still waiting for bleep to send my records too. I have a feeling this is why theyre taking so long:

976579_10151618331227829_278572989_o.jpg

(bleep stockroom, boc pre-orders)

That's kinda irrelevant though, since my Bleep order has been showing as 'despatched' since last Friday - if it's despatched, it's left the warehouse. If it hasn't left the warehouse, it isn't despatched and shouldn't be designated as such.

Boomkat do that (or at least used to when I still had the patience to buy from them)

Dispatch notice on Thursday. Records actually arrived Tuesday/Wednesday. I actually emailed them once and they even admitted that they mark stuff as dispatched but don't actually deliver until Monday. I imagine that like a previous poster said, these records are probably still in the warehouse, getting sent to the couriers/royal mail in batches.

It's still not good enough. If it's not despatched, it shouldn't be marked as despatched. It's called "setting expectations", and generally when you're dealing with providing products or services to the general public, you go through training on how important it is to set and meet expectations.

There's no way that they didn't anticipate how much interest this album would have, otherwise they wouldn't have made up the cock and bull story about how it wasn't financially viable to provide all pre-order customers with the full range of downloadable formats as they have done for the past three Autechre releases. So they definitely knew this was going to be a big seller.

So they should've sent the items out earlier, it's as simple as that. I paid for the item well over a month in advance, and it's now 6 days after the despatch date and I still do not have the record. Their email states to allow "2-7 days" for UK based orders. 7 days is up tomorrow, and if the record isn't here then, I will be demanding my money back.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

my digital vinyls arrived safe and sound.

here's one guy's opinion on the album:

Regarding the bolded statement, Bleep have always charged you immediately upon placing an order, even if it's a pre-order. They don't have to give you a track to justify taking your money immediately - it's simply they way they have always worked, even back in the WarpMart days.

OK, so I thought there were regulations against charging before dispatching but there aren't. In any case, I think it's bad practice. Most retailers/stores will charge when they are posted and it's much better this way IMO.

RE: Boomkat. I can't comment on their postage service as I've never used it. But I can order something around midday, email them saying I want to pick it up from the office, and I'll get a reply before 1 so I can walk up on my lunch break. Pretty good. Saves a lot on postage and they have decent sales on certain items at times because their stock room isn't big.

OK, so I thought there were regulations against charging before dispatching but there aren't. In any case, I think it's bad practice. Most retailers/stores will charge when they are posted and it's much better this way IMO.

RE: Boomkat. I can't comment on their postage service as I've never used it. But I can order something around midday, email them saying I want to pick it up from the office, and I'll get a reply before 1 so I can walk up on my lunch break. Pretty good. Saves a lot on postage and they have decent sales on certain items at times because their stock room isn't big.

yeah, I thought the same too a few years ago when I first started pre-ordering from them. But it's legal.

I forgot Boomkat is in Manchester. I'm gonna have to nip in there next time I'm in Manchester.

I only used Bleep in recent times for the following scenarios:

- I couldn't find a specific item elsewhere

- Something that's on sale

- A new WARP release where I thought I might be rewarded in some marginal fashion for buying 'local'.

For everything else, it's Juno, Norman or Chemical Records.

Sister Ray seem pretty reliable for online, although I know that's a tiny shop and they can't have more than 10 employees.

Sucks that Bleep has run afoul of the slavering BoC-hordes on this one. And I have sympathy for you guys, but I also feel bad for them that they fucked up so bad. Even the preorder offer was fucked up. Like if WAV+CD had been a preorder option I would have done that, but it wasn’t. So I just walked into the shop on Tuesday and bought the album for 12 bucks.

When you consider they have to manufacture and package and ship all that stuff above, as well as spring for the promo, as well as spring for the bandwidth to serve a zillion GB of data to people murdering their servers on release day AND sell the records wholesale (or whatever) to stores cheaply enough so that they show up here in the USA on sale for 12 dollars, well it starts to make sense why they might try and save a couple bucks say… maybe not offering FLAC and hoping people wouldn’t get mad. Or whatever it was they did.

Even so, it would have helped to be more communicative from the get-go on this one. I too miss the days of WarpMart and free stickers and promos, but I guess the music economy is tougher now.

This album is murderously good though! Hopefully everybody makes some serious coin from it and we can go back to all being happy about the products and service we get.

Got a parcel in the mail this morning!

It was the XTEP and Severant I ordered from Planet Mu last Friday night. Despatched, my ass.

Mailmen don't work Saturdays here so this means I'll get Tomorrow's Harvest on Monday at the earliest. More like next week's harvest amirite?

Guest jasondonervan

Got a parcel in the mail this morning!

It was the XTEP and Severant I ordered from Planet Mu last Friday night. Despatched, my ass.

Mailmen don't work Saturdays here so this means I'll get Tomorrow's Harvest on Monday at the earliest. More like next week's harvest amirite?

:cerious: Well I guess I'm never moving to Belgium then.

For what it's worth, mine was marked as despatched yesterday and arrived in the post today (UK)

If you've been waiting for more than a few days, then get in contact with them. Considering the amount of units they have shifted for this release, I'm sure there will be a lot of missing parcels.

order still isn't here. refund has now been requested.

I'm not trying to shit in your cornflakes but somehow mine arrived yesterday night. But my bibio reorder from a few weeks ago hasn't.

I hope they refund your money immediately since they obviously can't handle distribution worth a shit. But I bet you they tell you that you must give it 4 weeks to arrive before they'll issue a refund. That's what they did to me with the bibio before I decided to reorder it.

=(

order still isn't here. refund has now been requested.

I'm not trying to shit in your cornflakes but somehow mine arrived yesterday night. But my bibio reorder from a few weeks ago hasn't.

I hope they refund your money immediately since they obviously can't handle distribution worth a shit. But I bet you they tell you that you must give it 4 weeks to arrive before they'll issue a refund. That's what they did to me with the bibio before I decided to reorder it.

=(

If they try to fob me off by asking me to wait up to 28 days, I'll just remind them of this

8ONrk66.gif

Archived