IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.intro.de/platten/kritiken/23072002/boards-of-canada-tomorrows-harvest

The Cologne-based magazine just released its (fairly sparse) article - I don't feel like translating it right now (it doesn't mention the "listening party" anyway, of course) but I'm posting before the Album Transmission just to keep my record clean!

Enjoy (the Transmission, not the article!)

Listening to a stream rip and this albums is pretty boner-inducing. Like it very much, but will try to temper my need to listen to this before getting my hands on the vinyl/proper rip.

The album is booooring! Ok maybe not that boring but nothing special. Always the same with BoC. Nothing new!...just endless recycling.

Guest tht tne

The album is booooring! Ok maybe not that boring but nothing special. Always the same with BoC. Nothing new!...just endless recycling.

i had a few moments of pleasure, diffused throughout 62:07... glad i don't pay for music anymore

Please provide me your mailing address so I can post you a box of cotton swabs so you can clear your ears and be able to listen properly.

i had a few moments of pleasure, diffused throughout 62:07... glad i don't pay for music anymore

I'm sure you're glad you don't have any morals anymore, either.

Please provide me your mailing address so I can post you a box of cotton swabs so you can clear your ears and be able to listen properly.

So i could be bored even more?! No thnx! I'm back to Ae.

Guest tht tne

I'm sure you're glad you don't have any morals anymore, either.

well i should admit i've paid for everything squarepusher has ever made available, except like crot and dragon disk 2 and so forth

Guest mrgypsum

in my opinion, this album is much better than Campfire, and I would almost say its as good as Geogaddi and even reminds me of that album. however there is so much more to digest. cant wait for the CD, I might pick up the vinyl as well - it depends on what i think of the cd....

Guest Corvus

In my opinion, this album is much better than Geogaddi, and I would almost say it's as good as Campfire and even reminds me of that album. :cool:

This album makes me worry about weird diseases, famines, and dirty bombs killing my grandchildren. Yay BoC! you did it!

Come to Dust is my favorite so far. Split Your Infinities is pretty boss as well. I think the second half of the album is where it's at. The first half seems a bit sparse to me at the moment.

I'm very underwhelmed, to be honest. I hope it grows on me. I was expecting something much fuller, darker and more exciting after all I'd read. And even though the early fadeouts and lack of flow between tracks is deliberate, I find it makes everything feel very bitty' and insubstantial. It means you can't 'get lost' in it in that easy, floating way, but the music doesn't seem challenging enough to suddenly 'make sense' with a closer listen either. In the other thread I said I wondered what BoC had been up to for 8 years; but actually, maybe this is what happens when you overwork something. It reminds me of the situation with Clark's 'Iradelphic'; I was surprised to read in interviews how much work had gone into that album, because to me it seemed so good in some ways, yet so frustratingly crippled in others. That's how the new BoC album feels in comparison to their past work.

I imagine though, that once I 'get used' to what this album is and isn't, it'll become more enjoyable.

Guest disoriental express

I'm very underwhelmed, to be honest. I hope it grows on me. I was expecting something much fuller, darker and more exciting after all I'd read. And even though the early fadeouts and lack of flow between tracks is deliberate, I find it makes everything feel very bitty' and insubstantial. It means you can't 'get lost' in it in that easy, floating way, but the music doesn't seem challenging enough to suddenly 'make sense' with a closer listen either. In the other thread I said I wondered what BoC had been up to for 8 years; but actually, maybe this is what happens when you overwork something. It reminds me of the situation with Clark's 'Iradelphic'; I was surprised to read in interviews how much work had gone into that album, because to me it seemed so good in some ways, yet so frustratingly crippled in others. That's how the new BoC album feels in comparison to their past work.

I imagine though, that once I 'get used' to what this album is and isn't, it'll become more enjoyable.

I think I recall it taking time for you to warm up to some ae records right? Hopefully that's the case with this one too.

It's pretty fuckin unbelievable if you ask me :rdjgrin:

Archived