IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

Yeah I was surprised at that. How did Quaristice get a limited edition, and not this?

No bonus track.

No ltd version.

No FLAC, let alone 24bit.

No 180 gram.

This album sucks and it hasn't even be released.

Lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

Yeah I was surprised at that. How did Quaristice get a limited edition, and not this?

No bonus track.

No ltd version.

No 180 gram.

Lol.

There's no way they're not offering a FLAC download for this, it has to be a fuck up.

No bonus track.

No ltd version.

No 180 gram.

Lol.

There's no way they're not offering a FLAC download for this, it has to be a fuck up.

Yeah, I'm sure the Flac thing is a fuck up. When was the last time they didn't offer that?

A bit ridiculous considering how long they've had to prepare for this.

Hope the bonus track is too.

Guest Gravity

No bonus track.

No ltd version.

No 180 gram.

Lol.

Yeah, I'm sure the Flac thing is a fuck up.

Hope the bonus track is too.

Is it possible the bonus track info just didn't go out yet because it's only been announced for ~12 hours? Donno how these things work really.

Also maybe you're right about the no FLAC thing, I originally thought you meant no FLAC whatsoever but realized you meant the free download.

Don't know if this one will be worth the money to be honest.

Judging from the track in that promo video it will be.

Is anyone else not going to pre-order it? Maybe it's me being cynical, but I want to hear it before I purchase. I didn't like TCH nearly as much as everything else they had done. Also, I picked up M B V on the spot, and ended up only liking five out of the nine songs. That being said, I really hope it's awesome though.

I'm not. There's no reason too. If there was to be Ltd edition (which after this length of time and for marketing reasons) I totally expected, then I would obviously have pre-ordered.

I want to hear some samples too before I purchase but I might give in under the excitement. :cisfor: Autechre's releases are generally the only ones I can safely pre-order without hearing first.

Also this is probably coming to my local record store and I might just pick it up from there instead of pre-ordering from Bleep or elsewhere.

I loved TCH and pretty much everything else they've done so there is no question for me to pre-order it. But I find this second-guessing and doubt hilarious. We've been waiting for anything new for 8 years and people have let their dismay about it been known over the years. But now when it's actually happening, I see people whinging about this and that and even having opinions about the quality of the music. FLOL.

Listening to the track again on the video, it really doesn't sound like them at all.

If I didn't know otherwise, I think I'd be hard pressed to say "Yep, that's them."

Sounds like early 80s TD, John Carpenter or Ennio Morricone's 'The Thing'.

'Over the horizon radar' however (which was the track that streamed on their site prior to Geogaddi release) was immediately a sound that had all their hallmark touches.

I loved TCH and pretty much everything else they've done so there is no question for me to pre-order it. But I find this second-guessing and doubt hilarious. We've been waiting for anything new for 8 years and people have let their dismay about it been known over the years. But now when it's actually happening, I see people whinging about this and that and even having opinions about the quality of the music. FLOL.

the only legitimate complaint so far is the apparent lack of high quality download, which as I've either said in this thread or another one, it's likely a mix up anyways - almost everything I've bought from Bleep lately has come with FLAC + WAV + 24bit WAV, even stuff that isn't on Warp Records.

Good that it doesn't sound like them. I don't want a re-hash of MHTRTC, Geogaddi or TCH. However drawing any sort of conclusions from that clip is a fool's errand. I'll wait for a proper track.

the only legitimate complaint so far is the apparent lack of high quality download, which as I've either said in this thread or another one, it's likely a mix up anyways - almost everything I've bought from Bleep lately has come with FLAC + WAV + 24bit WAV, even stuff that isn't on Warp Records.

Hopefully there will be one. It shouldn't be too hard to acquire a proper rip of the album once it's out.

Good that it doesn't sound like them. I don't want a re-hash of MHTRTC, Geogaddi or TCH. However drawing any sort of conclusions from that clip is a fool's errand. I'll wait for a proper track.

Hopefully there will be one. It shouldn't be too hard to acquire a proper rip of the album once it's out.
I remember reading that Mp3's/FLAC's would be given out on the release date to those who pre-order.

I remember reading that Mp3's/FLAC's would be given out on the release date to those who pre-order.

it said MP3s, didn't make specific mention of FLAC or WAV.

However, my recent purchase of 12" Byetone - SyMeta (which is on Raster Noton) came with a full compliment of downloadable formats, including 24bit WAV files

I've had previous experience of great bands turning into crap and TCH was a bit of a let down for me. This looks awesome so far but I still want to hear what I'm buying and not go blindly along with the hype. It's not like the music will be dated if I get it a few day later than the first ones.

i got TCH on cd at bleep, no choice of FLAC just mp3 offered free with it.

i reckon you'll have the choice of FLAC alright, after the release, at a cost.

sure the feckin FLAC is more expensive than the actual TCH cd.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I hope it's all beatless dark ambient. that would really jostle some ronnies.

Is anyone else not going to pre-order it? Maybe it's me being cynical, but I want to hear it before I purchase. I didn't like TCH nearly as much as everything else they had done. Also, I picked up M B V on the spot, and ended up only liking five out of the nine songs. That being said, I really hope it's awesome though.

I'm not going to pre-order it, but that's just because Bleep tend to take the money straight away and I just can't spare it right now. I'm sure the album will be at least good, if not great, so it's not a case of being worried about quality. I've loved everything BoC has put out so far, Campfire Headphase included. If they've taken this long to make an album I'm sure it's because they want to put quality out.

it said MP3s, didn't make specific mention of FLAC or WAV.

However, my recent purchase of 12" Byetone - SyMeta (which is on Raster Noton) came with a full compliment of downloadable formats, including 24bit WAV files

Osc to be fair I think Bleep put up all formats as standard. I think when they say "MP3" it's just for the laymen, as most people consider downloadable music to be just called MP3's.

I don't think FLAC was that widespread when TCH came out.

I don't think FLAC was that widespread when TCH came out.

its widespread now and i just bought it, work that one out.

:cisfor:

So this thread is where it's at, I see ... I've been posting in the other one that has 6 pages less ... that looser.

I agree the sound in the Promo-vid is quite different - But that's kind of what you'd expect from them. Geogaddi is different to MHTRTC and TCH is pretty much a pop-album. The album is gonna have their trademark sound for sure, but there's no way they'd just re-do what they've already done. And that's fine.

The only thing that would leave me a bit underwhelmed I guess would be if they took the same approach as Carbon Based Lifeforms did with their recent Twentythree-Album, abandoning beats completely.... but then again, thinking about it now ... that could be interesting as well!

Yeah we're a buncha cynics aren't we ...

That transmission might not be indicative of the album's sound, but I hope it is! It sounds like BoC, but there's a new kind of futurism, emotion and menace there that I find fresh. (Yes I know I'm getting a lot out of a short static-ish transmission track - but just being honest!) It reminds me of how I felt during the opening of 'Inland Empire', but a bit more 'red' and sunshine-like, which is no bad thing.

I am so excited we're getting a new album. I do hope it's hugely atmospheric, deep, dense and dark. I would be disappointed if, after all this time, it was another lighter romp like TCH (others can disagree, but I found their third one a little too easy-listening and got bored of it quicker). Anything else wouldn't disappoint me...I don't care if it has beats or doesn't have beats, if it's structured or more soundscapey, if there's some 'key' standout tracks or if it just flows. I just hope it is more 'nuclear dawn' than it is getting blazed on a sunny day with friends in the countryside. There's enough fun music, sunny music out at the moment. :-) Though BoC do 'dark sunny' so well. Geogaddi was amazing because it felt so summery, and you could listen to it while driving around in the sun and feel good no problem, but it had depth and something twisted to it too - so you didn't get bored or irritated with it like you might other sunny albums. Or something...

Archived