IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, and if the album tone is prefaced by that track in the video, fuck me.

dark as fuck.

A real John Carpenter feel, eh?

a900a902.jpg

is that supposed to be a desert and a city?

Almost looks like a video capture...

Guest Aserinsky

So could someone nicely sum out how exactly the 6 digit codes fit into all of this? That thread is too intimidating, did we crack the code? How does that tie into the new album?

OK I'll try...

So some guy on Record Store Day found a record limited to 6 globally which featured a 6 digit code with the cover suggesting 5 more codes need to be found. Over the week more codes were found by fans after cryptic clues were made through YouTube comments, radio broadcasts, SoundCloud files embedded in a Twoism banner and an advert on Adult Swim. Today the Boards Of Canada website redirected to http://cosecha-transmisiones.com/ and the final code was found within the site's source code. If you enter in the six codes together without the slashes (699742628315717228936557813386519225) the video posted earlier with the release date and album title pops up, redirecting to the Bleep pre-order.

I like how BoC have spent 8 years not evolving their sound in any way shape or form. Pretty cool, that.

You've heard the album then? Do share your thoughts - a description of each track would be awesome

New goal: listening to Tomorrow's Harvest here...

V3SLCvP.jpg

Brilliant pic. Hypehypehype.

Thanks. One of many I took that day. It's a place that's just hard to capture the "epic-ness" of in pictures. One of the few places I've seen a UFO actually (probably a missile or high altitude place from the test range)

No problem.

Track 1-16 is a bunch of "nostalgic" melodies that meander around for too long.

Track 17 is just a sample of a little girl crying for nine seconds.

oh, and if the album tone is prefaced by that track in the video, fuck me.

dark as fuck.

A real John Carpenter feel, eh?

Yeah, and some Terminator soundtrack stuff too

I like how BoC have spent 8 years not evolving their sound in any way shape or form. Pretty cool, that.

You've heard the album then? Do share your thoughts - a description of each track would be awesome

No problem.

flol

Ha, when has Bleep ever been this borked by a pre-order? Did this even happen when Exai came out?

yeah it did

No problem.

Not a fan then ;)

Guest oldenjon

if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Bleep is crashed from all the traffic. FUCKING HIPSTERS!!!!! I bought Music Has the Right in 1998!!!!! Get the FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!!! I'm gonna lose my shit here.

I bought MHTRTC before it even was made.

ytbmywrhyjjjzdyyzdyymtfhmtyxytyxngniyzg3

you bought Boc Maxima?

Bleep is crashed from all the traffic. FUCKING HIPSTERS!!!!! I bought Music Has the Right in 1998!!!!! Get the FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!!! I'm gonna lose my shit here.

I bought MHTRTC before it even was made.

ytbmywrhyjjjzdyyzdyymtfhmtyxytyxngniyzg3

you bought Boc Maxima?

that photo is giving me some much needed comic relief right now

Guest Bumquist

On Twitter a week or so back Ceephax said he was thinking of just releasing hype instead of music. I thought he was having a dig at Daft Punk but maybe he knew this was coming.

Archived