IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

Guest umop_apisdn

I'd get a chuckle if the album ended up coming out on release day under a different title and cover art, only to turn out to be "New Clear Dawn" after all with an image taken from the album covers thread.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I can wait til 10th June.

*looks at watch, paces the room, sits down, crosses legs, stands up, looks at watch again, looks out of the window*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Face it guys, this album is gonna suck like a hoover.

No Limited Edition.

No FLAC files, let alone 24bit.

Rubbish title.

Lame cover art. Where are all the hidden messages?

No bonus track. wtf!

Couldn't they have made a double album?

8 years to produce just 63 minutes of music.

Promo sounds like a John Carpenter rip-off.

But you know, I could deal with all those disappointments except for this:

The worst thing, the deal-breaker?

It looks like Mike has put on a few pounds in that new photo.

Surely a sign that the music is gonna suffer as a result.

:emotawesomepm9:

Yeah they've been away for 8 years and 'only' produced a 63 minute album, but what of it? I'm sure Mike and Marcus have lives away from Boards of Canada. For all we know, they both stepped away from making music completely for 5 or 6 years and have only picked it back up again in the recent past.

I agree thoroughly with those saying they'd rather have a a 63 min album of quality music as opposed to a double album where half of it is just filler.

I'm quite perplexed by the complaints being made about this album (pre-release, no less, and no one has heard any official samples) given there's been such a hunger for a new BoC album.

Like I said in another post they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

EDIT: Unless you're being sarcy - hard to tell over the interwebs at times.

I was thinking they have a right to a life as well. I'm thinking they had kids, maybe aged a little then did a lot of thinking about what they had to say, and then started the album. Yeah 62 quality minutes trumps quantity.

Okay, so they addressed the Flac thing.

Except, we really don't know what type of flacs they really are?

What compression ratio? Are they tagged properly? I want to know who supervised them.

Did they get a good night sleep before hand, tired eyes always leads to mistakes

Jeez, I want to feel good about this album but there's just a set of epic fails every which way I turn.

:cisfor:

i'm a bit worried bc i placed my order within milliseconds of marcus telling me this was coming out but all i got was an email from him saying he would drive round my place june 10th at midnight and play the album completely live wearing absolutely no garments at all but so far i've only received one love letter from mike containing a promise of eternal fidelity and paypal has remained completely aloof.

:(

i'm a bit worried bc i placed my order within milliseconds of marcus telling me this was coming out but all i got was an email from him saying he would drive round my place june 10th at midnight and play the album completely live wearing absolutely no garments at all but so far i've only received one love letter from mike containing a promise of eternal fidelity and paypal has remained completely aloof.

:(

don't worry rob's dad called me and said he would send paypal a telegram informing them of your situation and he also said to look forward to his guest harmonica solo on posy palace.

it's lush.

No Limited Edition.

Rubbish title.

No bonus track. wtf!

But you know, I could deal with all those disappointments except for this:

The worst thing, the deal-breaker?

It looks like Mike has put on a few pounds in that new photo.

Surely a sign that the music is gonna suffer as a result.

:emotawesomepm9:

Yeah they've been away for 8 years and 'only' produced a 63 minute album, but what of it? I'm sure Mike and Marcus have lives away from Boards of Canada. For all we know, they both stepped away from making music completely for 5 or 6 years and have only picked it back up again in the recent past.

I agree thoroughly with those saying they'd rather have a a 63 min album of quality music as opposed to a double album where half of it is just filler.

I'm quite perplexed by the complaints being made about this album (pre-release, no less, and no one has heard any official samples) given there's been such a hunger for a new BoC album.

Like I said in another post they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

EDIT: Unless you're being sarcy - hard to tell over the interwebs at times.

Obviously I'm joking. I'm really stoked for this like everyone else.

I'm just surprised given the hype campaign that surrounded the lead up to this and the notion that Warp are aware of the vast interest in a band that hasn't put out anything for eight years, there isn't all manner of limited editions and things with bonus tracks to entice people to spend even more money.

A 180gm vinyl or something like the Quaristice box would sell in ridiculous quantities.

It's not like Warp to miss a chance to milk a cash cow.

As to the Japan bonus track, who knows why they didn't include anything? Maybe they simply don't have any more material.

It's certainly odd because just about every major release by a western artist always has bonus stuff. It's a trend that goes back to the early 90s.

I'm just surprised given the hype campaign that surrounded the lead up to this and the notion that Warp are aware of the vast interest in a band that hasn't put out anything for eight years, there isn't all manner of limited editions and things with bonus tracks to entice people to spend even more money.

A 180gm vinyl or something like the Quaristice box would sell in ridiculous quantities.

Could it be that the bro's wanted to prevent this exact scenario? Treat every fan of theirs equal and stuff... I certainly wouldn't have the extra cash to spend on limited editions and such, regardless of how much I like their music.

it would make sense to bang out the limited editions after the initial buzz has died down, no? everyone is gonna buy the original edition, and then the fanboys/audiophiles will splash out on the limited stuff aswell a few months down the line.

No Limited Edition.

Rubbish title.

No bonus track. wtf!

everything you pointed out has no effect on the quality of the music

also, I want the BoC website to go back to normal. I really want to see the black box filled in.

The site doesn't need to go back to normal. The black box is still there. Just click on discography and you'll see it. Top left corner. It's there.

No Limited Edition.

Rubbish title.

No bonus track. wtf!

everything you pointed out has no effect on the quality of the music

also, I want the BoC website to go back to normal. I really want to see the black box filled in.

The site doesn't need to go back to normal. The black box is still there. Just click on discography and you'll see it. Top left corner. It's there.

boardsofcanada.com redirects to cosecha-transmisiones.com

so it's not there.

http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" /> http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" flashvars="eid=283145" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none">
http://countingdownto.com" style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;">COUNTDOWN FOR WEBSITE

Archived