IGNORED

Kanye West - Yeezus

Guest abracadabra

it seems like he's one or two interviews away from a full on nervous breakdown.

i for one cannot wait --- i want it to be spectacular ala kony guy style, naked and masturbating by the side of a freeway. so heinous and hilarious martyrdom seems impossible

lol, maybe robert downey jr will find him in his gues bedroom.

I think the album is pretty terrible but i do really like the artwork. i work at a record store so i see a zillion examples of album art all day and I must say i was pretty impressed to see one of the most famous musicians release something so striking by stripping it all away. it actually feels a bit edgey in this "fuck you" kinda way but the white text in the back and the block of orange color is quite cool imo and kinda reminds me of something ae would do.

it seems like he's one or two interviews away from a full on nervous breakdown.

i for one cannot wait --- i want it to be spectacular ala kony guy style, naked and masturbating by the side of a freeway. so heinous and hilarious martyrdom seems impossible

lol, maybe robert downey jr will find him in his gues bedroom.

I think the album is pretty terrible but i do really like the artwork. i work at a record store so i see a zillion examples of album art all day and I must say i was pretty impressed to see one of the most famous musicians release something so striking by stripping it all away. it actually feels a bit edgey in this "fuck you" kinda way but the white text in the back and the block of orange color is quite cool imo and kinda reminds me of something ae would do.

alcofribas track by track yeezus review?

alco pls

Edited by StephenG

Alco do you work at reckless records and can you get me a job there when I move to Chicago next yr Thanks and, pls

Yes and prolly not. lol

are you really moving to chicago? I would be your friend?

tracks 1-the last one: horrible

1/10 (1 for album art)

lol

deep

I worked really hard on this review

I watched about a minute (from the 17 min mark) (I have little to do with KW, a couple of his tunes are good)

Wether he's joking, being ironic or being serious, I cant tell. One thing I can tell is that he's a total cunt.

Something gives me the impression that he is being genuine and is coping with some severe mental problems.

Remember, he lost his mother at the arguably peak of his popularity, and wasn't really allowed to grieve in private. That combination can create some seriously traumatic experiences.

and yeah, that Bound 2 track is one of the worst tracks Ive ever heard....it sounds like two completely different songs interrupting each other...not to mention the absolutely retarded lyrics.

Alco do you work at reckless records and can you get me a job there when I move to Chicago next yr Thanks and, pls

Yes and prolly not. lol

are you really moving to chicago? I would be your friend?

1/10 (1 for album art)

lol

deep

I worked really hard on this review

that review was deeper than kanyes entire back catalogue.

1/10 (1 for album art)

This. Bound 2 is one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Yeah I was shocked how very few mention this. I thought it was a pisstake of a coda upon first listen, still sounds that way. I was not expecting it to be a single and/or the main music video.

• 2 weeks later...

ill bet anyone here, this trash is pitchfork's album of the year.

this (unless they make a calculated move to put something unexpected @ #1 to maintain "indie cred")

ill bet anyone here, this trash is pitchfork's album of the year.

It'll be on the top 5 for sure, but I don't think it's gonna be nº1.

They just published their best tracks of 2013 list and New Slaves is #2, by the way

Based on that list, they'll probably put Drake or Daft Punk as #1. All great and diverse the music made this year and yet just a dozen musicians make up 40% of the top 100 list. Their font and style for the end of year lists is the only real indie thing about all of it. More often than not they are major label releases.

2 Mentions:

Janelle Monáe
Chvrches
Drake
Arcade Fire
Haim
Sky Ferreira
A$AP Ferg
MBV
Majical Cloudz

3 Mentions:

Daft Punk
Disclosure
Vampire Weekend
Kanye West

That list also reinforced my earlier decision this year to stop reading pitchfork daily, as I had for 8 years. A few of their better writers (including one metal writer I'm acquainted with) were tweeting about the one or two reviews penned in the top 100 list in a very shrugged shoulder-esque defeated tone. I can't imagine how much corporate bullshit is forced upon their "critical" conclusions and I feel for the writers (most of these guys are freelance btw) who just want to write some sincere reviews. It's very pathetic actually what the site has become.

for reals, this album together with Exai is the best thing i heard this year

i couldn't stand kanye but this monster knocked the shit out of me, the biggest fuck off ever, the production is fuck the cheese bonkers and those friggin jamaicans just make it

i think its kinda funny and sad people fail to see the greatness of this album here but hey mutherfuckin c'est la vie

Yeezus rocks!

• Like 1