IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest - Your 'first listen' location

Guest jasondonervan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Well I finally had my first listen this morning. My previously planned location for a few of us to visit was rained off last night, which was a shame. I have no idea why I was awake at 5:30am today, but it must have been fate that dragged me out of bed so early. I decided to go it alone, and head to a place called Avebury (the last time I think I was there was when I was a kid, and I barely remembered it). It's a Neolithic Henge that is much better than Stone Henge, as you can roam about the stones freely and it isn't jammed with tourists. So after a short drive, I made it to my destination. I decided to go to the lesser stones on the outskirts, thinking I'd be less likely to be distracted. It was a nice spot with the sun shining, but I felt it could be better - so proceeded to march up the nearest hill to see the lay of the land. The next thing I know, I'm looking down on to Sidbury Hill. I pushed on through some pathways that led to another part of the hill, and came to the perfect spot, with a 360 degree panorama of the countryside. I fired up my Logitech UE (which packs an amazing punch/sound quality) and absorbed TH for the first time, in complete isolation out in a beautiful place out in the country.

A few shots captured to preserve the memory... :boc:

CyAJo9P.jpg

OgKZIhN.jpg

UaRReZy.jpg

GYhXrri.jpg

naU1qt0.jpg

w4YDLwE.jpg

P5C3ISx.jpg

4bhQ3aS.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

I really enjoyed it. It's a solid piece of BoC that has echoes to their past releases, as well as being a tightly self-contained new take entirely. From the comments that I'd skim-read from other folks, the mention of dystopian 70s films is totally on point. I think if I hadn't have read that in advance, I would of drawn a similar conclusion (being a fan of such films myself).

What really surprised me was how heavy some of the beats are. I wasn't expecting that, but I like it!

I took my baby daughter out in the stroller, and took a two long hour walk in the woods. It would have been perfect if it wasn´t for the rain pouring down. A cold and wet experience, but I did really enjoy the album.

27400868.jpg

Looks like this when the weather is nice.

First listen was the stream on Monday night in front of my PC. Fell asleep two thirds of the way in thanks to having finished a night shift that morning and not having slept for around 36 hours prior. First proper listen with vinyl and CD was in my flat in Norwich this Saturday afternoon. The tops of some trees are just visible above the houses opposite, that's pretty bucolic for a life-long townie like me.

I took my baby daughter out in the stroller, and took a two long hour walk in the woods. It would have been perfect if it wasn´t for the rain pouring down. A cold and wet experience, but I did really enjoy the album.

27400868.jpg

omg thats beautiful thats where i would like to live my life not in fucking Schnitzel Vienna

27400868.jpg

omg thats beautiful thats where i would like to live my life not in fucking Schnitzel Vienna

Oh. I imagine Vienna to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I mean... look at this!Vienna3.jpg

I just bought a travel hammock and a mosquito net yesterday. Maybe I'll go into the woods and listen it in a hammock.

This didn't pan out so well. It had been raining, hot and humid during the weekend and there was a real mosquito apocalypse going on in the woods. If I stopped even for a few seconds the fuckers would cover me and even get into my throat and nostrils. So I thought fuck the hammock, I'll just drive around with my bike through the back roads and walk routes while listening to Tomorrow's Harvest. Which was actually pretty nice because the weather itself was good and there was still plenty of light here even though it was well past 10pm. And there were very few people around.

tumblr_mo610dYsiY1so482go1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo6115UOg41so482go1_1280.jpg

I took my daughter out for a walk too, only way I could have listened to the full album uninterrupted - down the promenade. I have to say, being with my daughter added another dimension to the experience.

3320212915_bbe4417041_z.jpg

27400868.jpg

Oh. I imagine Vienna to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I mean... look at this!Vienna3.jpg

not sure if you are joking unless you love cities, i mean its very clean, silent and beautifull but the people are extremly boring and not open minded, and the youth has to much money from their parents.

where do you live ?

My very first listen was Friday evening in the car after burning my bleep downloads to CD. By chance it was the sunniest (Californiaist) whether in it-felt-like-a-decade and the Sun was about to set....

Here's some vid I captured and put to "New Seeds" but the 'tube spotted it and muted my upload.... quick mo-fos!

So... break out "New Seeds" and enjoy!

not sure if you are joking unless you love cities, i mean its very clean, silent and beautifull but the people are extremly boring and not open minded, and the youth has to much money from their parents.

where do you live ?

Not joking. I´ve always imagined Vienna to be a beautiful city.

I live in Norway.

Still didn´t get around to listen or even buy the album...but my first choice for maximum chliche would be the old US-radio radiostation in Grunewald outside of Berlin

5702348429_b7639d67e7_b.jpg

Still didn´t get around to listen or even buy the album...but my first choice for maximum chliche would be the old US-radio radiostation in Grunewald outside of Berlin

Tres bleedin coool

Very cool. I'd be tempted to put on a suit, wheel into that cerebro sphere Xavier style, blaze up and listen to the entire thing with my eyes shut.

Officially 2nd listen was walking metro Washington St in Boston (which was still amazing and a testament to how good this record is), but 3rd listen was in the rental car driving all the way the hell out to Provincetown on the very tip of Cape Cod, and back in the afternoon and night in in the rain. Pretty perfect.

Well I finally had my first listen this morning. My previously planned location for a few of us to visit was rained off last night, which was a shame. I have no idea why I was awake at 5:30am today, but it must have been fate that dragged me out of bed so early. I decided to go it alone, and head to a place called Avebury (the last time I think I was there was when I was a kid, and I barely remembered it). It's a Neolithic Henge that is much better than Stone Henge, as you can roam about the stones freely and it isn't jammed with tourists. So after a short drive, I made it to my destination. I decided to go to the lesser stones on the outskirts, thinking I'd be less likely to be distracted. It was a nice spot with the sun shining, but I felt it could be better - so proceeded to march up the nearest hill to see the lay of the land. The next thing I know, I'm looking down on to Sidbury Hill. I pushed on through some pathways that led to another part of the hill, and came to the perfect spot, with a 360 degree panorama of the countryside. I fired up my Logitech UE (which packs an amazing punch/sound quality) and absorbed TH for the first time, in complete isolation out in a beautiful place out in the country.

A few shots captured to preserve the memory... :boc:

CyAJo9P.jpg

OgKZIhN.jpg

UaRReZy.jpg

GYhXrri.jpg

naU1qt0.jpg

w4YDLwE.jpg

P5C3ISx.jpg

4bhQ3aS.jpg

Brilliant. You know what makes it though, is those guys w/ the giant lawnmowers.

Tres bleedin coool

Had to look this up: Teufelsberg Strange that the site remnants still remain.

Archived