IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

http://warp.net/records/oneohtrix-point-never/r-plus-seven-september

however the new record is a major departure from previous work. Lopatin’s experimental inclinations lurk behind the scenes - in the concepts and procedures he adopts to create the tracks - while the music itself comes as close as Lopatin has ever gotten to anything resembling traditional song structure.

Hmm, so is gonna be more Ford & Lopatin than OPN ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

however the new record is a major departure from previous work. Lopatin’s experimental inclinations lurk behind the scenes - in the concepts and procedures he adopts to create the tracks - while the music itself comes as close as Lopatin has ever gotten to anything resembling traditional song structure.

I don't think so, I hope not anyway, but I doubt he'd make a "OPN" album that was closer to Ford and Lopatin's sound. Ford and Lopatin and Games is straight-up pop made with vintage equipment with a lot of influences trickled in. I bet it's going to be OPN grounded with more structure and patterns in the compositions, maybe some percussion or singing.

Love the artwork, hauntological goodness (imo):

WARPCD240_Packshot_480.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

Oh god, don't open that can of worms again... I shall be wandering into my local record shop and buying it. Sorry Blerp.

Guest Gravity

gQzpBrd.jpg

Mmmm, that loop currently playing on pointnever... Lushness guaranteed.

You can hear two more samples if you click on the cover at the bottom, then again to see the back.

...unless everyone already knew that

You can hear two more samples if you click on the cover at the bottom, then again to see the back.

...unless everyone already knew that

Nice - the sub-bass in the one that starts with the vocal loop that 'lick-what' is intense !

Here's the tracklisting -

0PN_rplus7_back.jpg

I don't think so, I hope not anyway, but I doubt he'd make a "OPN" album that was closer to Ford and Lopatin's sound. Ford and Lopatin and Games is straight-up pop made with vintage equipment with a lot of influences trickled in. I bet it's going to be OPN grounded with more structure and patterns in the compositions, maybe some percussion or singing.

I don't know shit about art, but this immediately made me think of de Chirico.

These loops are hot. I just wish Warp didn't announce shit so early. I guess it's not really that early for the music world, but I still hate 4 month waits.

OPN = next featured artist.

I like it how he dipped into and influenced chillwave and then just sort of left it there and moved forward.

edit:

I can't stop listening to these loops.

I don't know shit about art, but this immediately made me think of de Chirico.

Out of my depth:

post-16869-0-96724700-1371664967_thumb.jpg

post-16869-0-19511400-1371664978_thumb.jpg

post-16869-0-78252300-1371665076_thumb.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

Oh god... So it is going to be more Replica...

This will be you then, I take it

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Oh god... So it is going to be more Replica...

This will be you then, I take it

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Well.. I'm overexaturating a bit. Replica wasn't that bad, it had a couple of good tunes. But it was just so disappointing compared to his earlier stuff.

But I want the lush vintage synthesizers back, not all that weird use of looping and sampling that Replica had.

Archived