IGNORED

Clark - Superscope

YELLOW

the "riff" is boring as f*ck. the beats and fx are classic td /br clark and exactly what i want.

but rustie? really? i dont get at all how you make this connection...

to me it sounds like clark is re-using old patches and samples but with a "modern" dancefloor in mind... which is amazing because i think his aufgang remix is one of his finest works to date... can't wait to get hold of more material... hopefully it wont take another year or so...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superscope is pretty cool.

Riff through the fog is fucking BORING though. Like the videos though. Nice idea.

It's a 12" single.

Not bad though it seems to lack a bit of the screwiness I've come to expect from the more energetic Clark tracks. "Riff Through the Fog" isn't bad, others have called it boring but it's no more so than Iradelphic, not that it sounds similar to that stuff. Overall it gives me hope for the future of Clark.

Guest totemcrackerjack

Lackluster structure, solid samples and fx. Better effort than phantasm planes. This is more than hinting at an upcoming LP, though I suspect it will be more varied than this EP makes it out to be. Clark isn't looking to make TD2: Electric Boogaloo. It'll probably be more along the lines of TF in terms of track variety.

structure isn't clarks strength. he's an atmosphere man, hence the "solid samples and fx"... i think he can really take control of his music if he focuses more on harmonics and deep soundscapes rather than dancefloor stonkers. aambiennntttt....

Lackluster structure, solid samples and fx. Better effort than phantasm planes. This is more than hinting at an upcoming LP, though I suspect it will be more varied than this EP makes it out to be. Clark isn't looking to make TD2: Electric Boogaloo. It'll probably be more along the lines of TF in terms of track variety.

I hope so. Totems Flare was my AOTY in 2009 and then Iradelphic was an incredible disappointment

Guest totemcrackerjack

I hope so. Totems Flare was my AOTY in 2009 and then Iradelphic was an incredible disappointment

Iradelphic grew on me a bit, but it's still my least favorite release from him. Totems Flare is just awesome, if not a little on the loud side mix-wise.

Guest totemcrackerjack

first Clark I've bought since Clarence Park.

I've known a couple others that are the same way with Clark and frankly I don't understand it at all. Empty the bones of you, the Gavel EP, and several other EPs should have appealed to you if you liked Clarence. Clarence lacked a strong notion of structure, an opinion that Clark himself has voiced in several interviews. It also has a bit too much of Richard running through its veins. This is all subjective of course, even if the Clark thinks likewise.

i love clarence park but it sounds like a group of tracks that was the best he had at the time all put together for warp. empty the bones is his debut proper to me, and still my favorite. although i love clark. except for iradelphic, I've liked or absolutely loved all of his output.

i love clarence park but it sounds like a group of tracks that was the best he had at the time all put together for warp. empty the bones is his debut proper to me, and still my favorite. although i love clark. except for iradelphic, I've liked or absolutely loved all of his output.

I feel this way about things.

Clark's output is like a writer's: Clarence Park was his first novel, composed of every interesting thought he had for a decent space of time. Every work from then on is different, because it requires somewhat spontaneous creation/reinvention.

Iradelphic was his fucking YA dystopian novel. But it didn't become the next Hunger Games/Divergent/Book Thief/Harry Potter/Who the Fuck Cares, so back to the good stuff!

there's no way the official videos are real oscilloscopes

Yeah, I just watched it again and it's pretty crazy. Is that addressed in the AMA?

Archived