IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

Guest Tricktrack

Thank you Joyrex, Rephlex, WATMM and everyone who contributed to the Kickstarter for making this happen! I'm listening to the LP instead of sleeping and this is by far better than what I expected. So happy!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please stop mentioning places to hear/get this illegally - people had more than ample opportunities to get the tracks legally.

As far as I understand, this whole digital release was a one-time thing and the album won't be available again, correct? In that case, it effectively doesn't matter what people do with this (apart from straight-up bootlegging, of course) because there are no future sales to be affected. Plus it's more than a bit naïve to expect people not to get their hands on music one way or another, and even more so considering this particular situation.

Edited by KyonPalm

Listening to this with Mike P.'s description - I was so afraid he was right about the crap piano riff in Squidge (he wasn't!). The track is perfect to show what Vibert and Aphex have always been saying about trying to make rave-y tracks but were slightly 'misguided' and sounding quite different in the end.

I can't find Mike P.'s description, do you have a link? Thanks!

Guest Papillon

Thank you guys - (Joyrex, RDJ, Rephlex, and WATMM) for making this happen. This is so good for a hardcore fan to hear this music. I knew RDJ was special but I didn't expect he shelve an instant classic.

In one sense it feels like being transported back in time to the best era in Electronic music (when I was a bit younger). The music sounds so timeless though I guess that is the hallmark of a great musician. Wow I'm really at a loss for words.

I shudder to think what other (tapes) are just collecting dust in Aphex Twin's closet. Someone should just tell RDJ that modern music can't really move forward without his guidance.

Later

Does anyone really care about the BOC back catalogue after hearing this...I hope we'll get more of this classic Aphex Twin.

I do man

boc is beyond this world.

I do too. I'm just really excited. Sorry....

Maybe it'll provoke them to release it if they are reading this thread? I'll make them release out of anger?

Edited by Papillon

seems a bit low that FactMag are promoting the YouTube upload, no? Can they do that?

Considering they made a post the other day about that old aphex russian interview everyone has seen a million times already (and the author went in full-on defensive mode when someone called him out on it), I wouldn't exactly trust FACT mag as the bastion for music journalism integrity. They're just doing it for link bait, so don't give them the satisfaction.

My laptop crashed and died whilst listening to track 4. I cannot boot it up at all.

FML.

Hope my download code still works so I can at least download it at work tomorrow and burn a CD.

I think once you navigate away from the page your code expires.

True, but you can add it to your collection to play in the bandcamp app.. at 128kbps

Thank you guys - (Joyrex, RDJ, Rephlex, and WATMM) for making this happen. This is so good for a hardcore fan to hear this music. I knew RDJ was special but I didn't expect he shelve an instant classic.

In one sense it feels like being transported back in time to the best era in Electronic music (when I was a bit younger). The music sounds so timeless though I guess that is the hallmark of a great musician. Wow I'm really at a loss for words.

I shudder to think what other (tapes) are just collecting dust in Aphex Twin's closet. Someone should just tell RDJ that modern music can't really move forward without his guidance.

Later

Does anyone really care about the BOC back catalogue after hearing this...I hope we'll get more of this classic Aphex Twin.

I do man

boc is beyond this world.

I do too. I'm just really excited. Sorry....

Maybe it'll provoke them to release it if they are reading this thread? I'll make them release out of anger?

lol dont apologize! opinions opinions.

Iunno wat boc plans, or if this might stimulate them in any way, im just happy it happened!

really good so far, not what I expected at all

did the 'surprises' not end up panning out? or was that just about the digipak?

Well, the tracknames were one of the surprises - nice, no?

There still might be something coming!

that's actually a great point. having the track names is my definition of a good surprise -- nothing huge, but something I didn't expect at all and makes me happy

Edited by purplegoat

I can't get over how good this is. Way better than Compilation, in my opinion....

I have no friggen clue why this was never released.

Perhaps he was so involved with his Warp releases that by the time it was to be released he was on to more futuristic sounds? I dunno

I can't get over how good this is. Way better than Compilation, in my opinion....

Perhaps he was so involved with his Warp releases that by the time it was to be released he was on to more futuristic sounds? I dunno

You could be right. Maybe by 96' when this was ready for release he thought it sounded outdated. Considering he was almost ready to release rdj album....

Makes sense. This album is awesome though.

Big big thanks to everyone involved! Listening to this is pure magic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could be right. Maybe by 96' when this was ready for release he thought it sounded outdated. Considering he was almost ready to release rdj album....

Makes sense. This album is awesome though.

Yeah, you said it better than I did, haha.

Guest Retrig

101 Rainbows Ambient Mix... Giving me the piloerection response... This is very nice!

I guess "Joyrex Tape" track 11 can hereby be known as "101 Rainbows Not-So-Ambient Mix".

101 Rainbows Ambient Mix... Giving me the piloerection response... This is very nice!

I guess "Joyrex Tape" track 11 can hereby be known as "101 Rainbows Not-So-Ambient Mix".

Wow, good catch there!