IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

'Earth Portal' is ridiculously good. Its up there with Meltphase 6 in the 'aphex magic + fluid complexity adrenaline rush' department. It even sounds pretty damn fresh to me even with the well established breaks.

BJSIwRY.gif

Oof. I've been getting some funny looks whilst walking down the street with S950tx16wasr10 blaring in my ears doing a junglist bop. Dem classic jungle samples, and that amen craft, melted into synthy goodness, and great drums. A really awesome fresh jungle/braindance twist. I love how it keeps building and keeps your mind active/invested, right to the end.

I'm a fanboy and whatever, but I'm really into syro. I was a bit worried, but it's got me from the first listen..

In Rich we trust!

Edited by FichardReynman

Sort of random. but am I the only when when listening to this, find it all of a sudden ok to indulge in any bad habits you have? (preface: I'm sort of a health freak.. yeah one of those, but when I sat down to listen to this with the best sound I could muster and solitude, I ordered the largest pizza I could find, guzzled soda.. and randomly took a nicorette lozenge.)

Man, it's fucking weird to see this verbalized but I am also striving towards health. I broke a sexual dry spell at the first of August and I just started fucking devouring junk food and wanking nonstop like an animal. I got back on track throughout September but looks like I'm in for another round when Richard unlocks the pleasure gates. Picture me in my car with a pizza and Mountain Dew, wanking and crying to Metz

Or don't picture it actually--would be a well grim sight

Lololol YESSSS!!!!!

Fuck u guys r getting me hard for new aphex. God i hate leaks and youtube and streaming right now. Tempting to listen, but i shan't..

I think a listening experience in pure solitude, and a giant pizza is required for me as well when the cd hits stores. I cant see discovering this long-awaited return any other way. Pizza, Aphex Twin and me. :D :D :D

Edited by Lane Visitor

I like 4 bit 9d as well, but… at 1:24 there's this lovely melody, which is repeated at 1:31 but altered in exactly the way 90% of mediocre producers would do. It makes me cringe everytime. That has never happened with Aphex so far.

Funny, I noticed this as well. I think I can safely say it's the first time I disagree with a compositional choice of his.

I like 4 bit 9d as well, but… at 1:24 there's this lovely melody, which is repeated at 1:31 but altered in exactly the way 90% of mediocre producers would do. It makes me cringe everytime. That has never happened with Aphex so far.

Funny, I noticed this as well. I think I can safely say it's the first time I disagree with a compositional choice of his.

it honestly doesnt bother me too much, the first time i heard it i was like "ooh" and then aah and then all was well. the progression of the track is just amazing imo.

Unfortunately the first thing I thought of when I read he wants to incorporate his kids more in making music.. One of those horrid 70s family bands. (ps this came out WAY creepier than intended.)

aphex-family-band.jpg

I like 4 bit 9d as well, but at 1:24 there's this lovely melody, which is repeated at 1:31 but altered in exactly the way 90% of mediocre producers would do. It makes me cringe everytime. That has never happened with Aphex so far.

tumblr_lsar3lx1n41qdf6w8o1_500.gif

hmmm, apparantely every UK watmmer got their (non digital) vinyls today except me.

Also, it looks like if you ordered from Norman Records you don't get a sticker or card :<

Ah well.

Edit: Dayum SG, enjoi!

Edited by hello spiral

Hey pro tip (jk, I write off anyone that says that) but I slotted in Last Rushup 10 in for 180db for the heck of it. Really cohesive to my ears (all the vocoder stuff, the eerieness in the beginning and the beat is a bit more complex, like a warm up to the rest of the album) 180db is the only track I skip so figured why not.

Guest crowndicey

I'm tempted to put the chartreuse sticker which was on the plastic directly onto the outer sleeve of the album - that might end up being really awful in a year or so but the cover looks so empty without the little green circle :sad:

I advise against this. I did this with my cd, and when I was smoothing out the sticker on the cover the chartreuse AND black ink smeared all over. Ended up getting all over the white. Tried to get it off and shredded the paper cover.

Sounds fine to me. If you have a problem with it then you'll be disappointed in like a fourth of the RDJ album jees. :cerious:

Guest capitan mission

my review:
wow, amazing album, not a disappointment like many other albums that i waited for.
I cant said a lot, is deep, i notice that, i need to hear it 100 times at least, 3 times in 12 hours at the moment, 2 in speakers and 1 in headphones.
nerds, go f+ck yourself with your poppy dodo music, this is the real deal.