IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

i think im addicted to syro ...

qzrtcl.jpg

You have already heard pseudotimestretch more times in a week than I will likely hear the album in my lifetime. That's some devotion.

And how could someone listen almost 120 times to 180dB anyway ??? :trollface:

Pitch Fork Podcast: Aphex Twin

Pitchfork Podcast: Contributing editor Philip Sherburne recently interviewed the elusive Aphex Twin. Here, he speaks with our editor-in-chief Mark Richardson about his conversation with Aphex Twin, the new album Syro, and more.

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/505-pitchfork-podcast-35-aphex-twin/

Mark Richardson needs to drink a glass of water before he does his next podcast. Sounds very characteristic dry mouth close mic + compression, an error I've made many times myself (especially after smoking weed)

edit: only just listened to the beginning, they are talking about him like he's Howard Hughes

edit2: pretty entertaining discussion, the part about jungle being the last 'major' new genre in electronic music was pretty interesting. I was surprised to find myself agreeing with most of what 2 senior staff pitchfork dudes thought

Edited by John Ehrlichman

only 5 listens for xmas evet10? what the fuck is wrong with you seriously

why is there always some fucking prize arse-knuckle who feels compelled to trash talk syro on the syro threads on the social media? if people dont like it, why dont they ignore it and instead bump topics they actually like?

its just as if they are going out of their way to say "not for nothing, but i just wanted to take a moment of your time to say how little this subject is interesting to me, and furthermore add that so and so is irrelevant, and here smell my fart you bunch of lemmings, thanks for your time idiots"

it tickles my rage

why is there always some fucking prize arse-knuckle who feels compelled to trash talk syro on the syro threads on the social media? if people dont like it, why dont they ignore it and instead bump topics they actually like?

its just as if they are going out of their way to say "not for nothing, but i just wanted to take a moment of your time to say how little this subject is interesting to me, and furthermore add that so and so is irrelevant, and here smell my fart you bunch of lemmings, thanks for your time idiots"

it tickles my rage

Isn't it frustrating?

I appreciate constructive criticism though, such as "I don't like this and here is why".... but the empty criticisms bother me.

Edit: granted, we could just ignore them. =/

Edited by StephenG

only 5 listens for xmas evet10? what the fuck is wrong with you seriously

yea that's nuts considering you've spent almost 30 hours listening to syro

or creating syro stats on your itunes

i usually listen at work, and since my work is physical i listen to the faster tracks to get me pumped, xmas evet is more of a sit at home and listen to it while you watch the sundown

it tickles my rage

it's a misplaced instance of the unfortunate human behavior of deriding a thing in order to exhibit one's own presumed competence. it's a :facepalm: within a :facepalm:

Edited by very honest