IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

damn, this album was just what i wanted, a lot like tuss, which i think is his best stuff.

also, am i the only one who thinks the bassline in circlont6a at 3:21 to 3:28 sounds almost EXACTLY like the bassline on the syro track from 4:27 to 4:34?.

doesn't matter, they're both used in very different ways in their respected tracks, just interesting.

yeah I also wondered about that at the beginning when I still didn't digest all the tracks and couldn't differentiate them all. I was thinking "wait didn't I hear that melody in another track already?". I love this reference actually. The two tracks are very different but it makes them sound like cousins or something.

slightly off-topic, but what's always been weird to me is that nobody ever comments on the fast drukqs tracks being (very good) variations on a couple melodic themes. Maybe it's just too obvious to mention?

Edited by baph

I'm not able to properly listen to any other music since this was released. I probably listen to the album 6 times a day. It just gets better and better and better. Even that last junglish track before anastasia has revealed itself. I didn't like it at first.

Earth Portal's my favourite one.

Anyone else giving the album a break after a few weeks of constant listening?

My break-music of choice is Pearl Jam.... been rocking out for a week and will for another few more before hitting "Syro" again big-time. I fucking haven't listened to PJ since college (late 90's) so am loving the first 5 albums and the newer shit too. Fucking is this what they call Dad-rock? Bring it!

absolutely. I've been listening to a lot of swans, oceansize and autechre as of late

My break-music of choice is Pearl Jam.... been rocking out for a week and will for another few more before hitting "Syro" again big-time. I fucking haven't listened to PJ since college (late 90's) so am loving the first 5 albums and the newer shit too. Fucking is this what they call Dad-rock? Bring it!

Yup, I recently discovered this metal supergroup:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Be_Killed

They're fucking amazing!

Also I've been listening to the ridiculous amount of records I bought in Japan, mostly IDM.

Guest LoveRhino

Me too, oddly. I came back to PJ in a big way with the second last one having lost them with No Code. The latest one is good but not great and I feel the same about their self titled album though beyond that they have improved with age (both mine and theirs) and, of course, with me having kids. On a Syro break now. Any time a track comes up on random I love it.

If you're on a 90s rock vibe you should try Clutch. They rock are still around and are amazing. Worthwhile tracks are Profits of Doom, Army of Bono and 10001110101.

Hate to say it, but have heard Syro only 5 times, haven't heard it for two weeks and I haven't had any urge to hear it again...

Exactly this.

I love some of the tracks in it, but I have over 1k tracks to listen to... no time left for multiple listens.

And I don't really feel the urge either, iunno, it's odd.

Same here. Haven't touched it for weeks...

Hate to say it, but have heard Syro only 5 times, haven't heard it for two weeks and I haven't had any urge to hear it again...

Exactly this.

I love some of the tracks in it, but I have over 1k tracks to listen to... no time left for multiple listens.

And I don't really feel the urge either, iunno, it's odd.

Same here. Haven't touched it for weeks...

2 weeks for me.

such good

that 4 bit

that track is lush.

had a break from syro about a week, now listening to it again and im in love <3. thought i will get tire of it or something, but im not!

selected aphex works 05-14

and its so much warmer and fluid than druqsk, which sounds almost flat and centered comparing to syro for me

Edited by Mag

Nice one LoveRhino.....I'll check out those and probably go back to a bit of old faves Faith no More too. With all this rocking malarky, Syro is gonna hit me like a ton of tits again in a few......!

I was also doing a major Autechre-live fest back in between Syro listens so .... just taking a break from all the bleeps

damn, this album was just what i wanted, a lot like tuss, which i think is his best stuff.

also, am i the only one who thinks the bassline in circlont6a at 3:21 to 3:28 sounds almost EXACTLY like the bassline on the syro track from 4:27 to 4:34?.

doesn't matter, they're both used in very different ways in their respected tracks, just interesting.

yeah I also wondered about that at the beginning when I still didn't digest all the tracks and couldn't differentiate them all. I was thinking "wait didn't I hear that melody in another track already?". I love this reference actually. The two tracks are very different but it makes them sound like cousins or something.

slightly off-topic, but what's always been weird to me is that nobody ever comments on the fast drukqs tracks being (very good) variations on a couple melodic themes. Maybe it's just too obvious to mention?

huh could you elaborate on that? I never noticed such a thing

huh could you elaborate on that? I never noticed such a thing

Variations of the same melody repeated in Vordhosbn, Omgyjya-Switch7, cock/ver10, Mt Saint Michel + Saint Michaels Mount. The second disc might have more of the same sort of thing going on, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

One Syro a day keeps boredom away. Drukqs I would always skip some tracks now and then and focus on those I found amazing, but with Syro, I just let the album play from beginning to end like I used to with his older albums.

If you're on a 90s rock vibe you should try Clutch. They rock are still around and are amazing. Worthwhile tracks are Profits of Doom, Army of Bono and 10001110101.

Spacegrass

the best thing to come out of this thread in the last month:

https://soundcloud.com/indifferent-space

gawd

damn

Yawn.

These yawns are hilarious. Such entitlement. I like it. They may be yawns but they are screaming: ENTERTAIN ME!

It's just one yawn to be fair, but you have to admit the music in that link is truly yawn-worthy. Generic acid taken to the next level of boredom.

the best thing to come out of this thread in the last month:

https://soundcloud.com/indifferent-space

gawd

damn

Yawn.

These yawns are hilarious. Such entitlement. I like it. They may be yawns but they are screaming: ENTERTAIN ME!

It's just one yawn to be fair, but you have to admit the music in that link is truly yawn-worthy. Generic acid taken to the next level of boredom.

Kinda like the new Clark music, which you've been gushing all over in his forum. This shit is subjective. It's not that difficult a concept.