IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

So I just discovered all this shenanigans the other day, here is my impressions so far.

Syro:

Quite good. However, it is my least favorite of his recent stuff, including steinvord. And of course, doesn't stand up to the classic aphex releases - SAW, SAW2, rdj ablum are still the unholy trifecta for me. Overall: 7/10, quite good.

Piano Music:

I'm sure this is a revolutionary record in the field of piano music, however I felled asleep almost instantaneously upon commencing to listen. I heard "it happened" on youtube and really liked it though. 10/10.

Soundcloud:

Have only listened to maybe a dozen tracks so far. Kind of hard to rate, the quality ranged from pretty bad to almost really good. But there is no longer a possibility that he held out amazing tracks from us. I can see why all of these are unreleased. I like u-ziq's soundcloud a lot more! Mike wins. 6/Paradinas.

Pretty much, tho haven't heard any of

Mikes dump and I'm never impressed with uziq anyways

So I just discovered all this shenanigans the other day, here is my impressions so far.

Syro:

Quite good. However, it is my least favorite of his recent stuff, including steinvord. And of course, doesn't stand up to the classic aphex releases - SAW, SAW2, rdj ablum are still the unholy trifecta for me. Overall: 7/10, quite good.

Piano Music:

I'm sure this is a revolutionary record in the field of piano music, however I felled asleep almost instantaneously upon commencing to listen. I heard "it happened" on youtube and really liked it though. 10/10.

Soundcloud:

Have only listened to maybe a dozen tracks so far. Kind of hard to rate, the quality ranged from pretty bad to almost really good. But there is no longer a possibility that he held out amazing tracks from us. I can see why all of these are unreleased. I like u-ziq's soundcloud a lot more! Mike wins. 6/Paradinas.

give Syro time, your brain must recollibrate

as much as i love RDJ album, i think its nowhere close

Depends what kind of music you prefer really.

Syro is fast, complex and dark in a lot of places. RDJ album is warm and playful.

Agreed. Personally, I like Syro more than Steinvord. In the last couple of years I've listened to mainly Analord and The Tuss. Syro has so much going on and new things are always discovered with every play. A masterpiece.

alright ye cunts

I've spent ages trying to track down that great mashup of two syro tracks somebody uploaded to soundcloud

if somebody doesn't make with the goods I'm gonna flip a shit

Now the dust has settled I am playing Syro a lot. Can't believe I have just realised how good 4 bit 9d api+e+6 [126.26] is! That's been passing me by all this time lol

Now the dust has settled I am playing Syro a lot. Can't believe I have just realised how good 4 bit 9d api+e+6 [126.26] is! That's been passing me by all this time lol

that's funny, 'cause i am playing CCAI pt2 a lot since it was out... i have listened to Syro two or three times since the release of CCAI pt2...

Incredible album. XMAS continues to be his absolute pinnacle IMO.

Also, because he's cleared his desk, I'm really excited to see/hear where he goes next... he seems re-energised about releasing stuff.

alright ye cunts

I've spent ages trying to track down that great mashup of two syro tracks somebody uploaded to soundcloud

if somebody doesn't make with the goods I'm gonna flip a shit

https://soundcloud.com/charliebrownsandersiii/syroclont1000

:cisfor:

may the wind always be at your back and the flaxen sun light your path, brave journeyer

after listening to syro and then going back to the tuss, I think the tuss is some of his best stuff ever.

Except drukqs, drukqs will always be my favorite.

Guest chops727

I think I decided yesterday that Syro is his best album... IMHO

I'll second that.

third.

fourth