IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I just wish I could hear some of the alternative mixes for these tracks. The live version of Xmas Eve has some slight differences compared to the mix on Syro. Also I think people mentioned the drums on 4 bit live are completely different to the album version. He alludes to the fact that there must be different versions by including the names if the mixes

I'm gonna see him live soon, hopefully I'll get to record those alternative versions.

Exciting !! :)))

See him live where?

I just wish I could hear some of the alternative mixes for these tracks. The live version of Xmas Eve has some slight differences compared to the mix on Syro. Also I think people mentioned the drums on 4 bit live are completely different to the album version. He alludes to the fact that there must be different versions by including the names if the mixes

Drums sound different because of the room echo in the live recording.

Edited by Mcdergbit

After opening the japan digipack, Syro immediately took permanent residence in my car. I drive a lot, and for approximately 90% of my commutes it's been the sound emitted from the speaks. Sometimes I start from the top, other times I pick up where I left off, there's hardly ever an case where I get out before the end of a track and after close to 100 loops, I can say with confidence say that this LP is more than appropriate for the Aphex Twin moniker and forces you to reassess the rankings of his LPs. Every track has a pace in the progression from open to close, and each is impeccable in form. It's not my favorite, but gd it's good [quite good, if you will].

It's hard to digest that RDJ will likely win a Granny tomorrow. But considering the competition, it shouldn't be a surprise and is overly deserving for such a perfect album.

SAW II, RDJ, Syro, SAW I, ICBYD, drukqs...in no particular order because I just keep shuffling these around as a result of perpetual indecision.

I'm gonna see him live soon, hopefully I'll get to record those alternative versions.

See him live where?

Where??

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

See him live where?

Where??

What_does_it_mean_xlarge.gif

Probably a case of "It's not what you know, it's who you know"

Guest damageis

This is pretty out there, but I wonder if Richard found out he won the grammy 2 weeks ago (not that he really cared much about it at all), had another happy "wow people actually like my tunes" moment, and then decided to start releasing his back catalog on Soundcloud.......

If he does win it, am wondering if he may have recorded some sort of wild acceptance video, possibly including robots/gear/tanks......

Guest damageis

According to Consequence of Sound, not likely to win

Copied this quote from the Grammy thread:

Music Times: Grammys 2015 Best Dance/Electronic Album, Who Should & Will Win: Aphex Twin Completes Comeback

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/27509/20150205/grammys-2015-best-dance-electronic-album-predictions-aphex-twin-completes-comeback-deadmau5.htm

RDJ grammy is imminent???

I've been in aphex overload lately w/ the caustic window album, syro, the new EP and soundcloud tracks...

did anybody who bought the special edition actually listen to the bonus track...

SYROBONKUS - 300 x 300mm Intaglio print from metalwork mother plate, hand printed on 280gsm Somerset Velvet Radiant White, presented in casebound print folio

for the amount of money they charged for it I hope it was this looped over and over

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/throatie

This album is continuing to live past 20+ listens for me and is just as good as the first time I heard it - no it's even better every listen

I don't know if I would really rank it up there with drukqs but this is a lot more than quite good

relistening on a rip of the vinyl instead of CD and its breathing new life into it almost - sounds so great*

ty mr james

*edit1:(maybe placebo lol I'll have to do some more side by sides but i swear it's richer)

*edit2:okay nvm definitely hearing many things i didnt hear before. alot more textural variation in the drums
Edited by Zeffolia

Guest cult fiction

This album is continuing to live past 20+ listens for me and is just as good as the first time I heard it - no it's even better every listen

I don't know if I would really rank it up there with drukqs but this is a lot more than quite good

relistening on a rip of the vinyl instead of CD and its breathing new life into it almost - sounds so great*

ty mr james

*edit1:(maybe placebo lol I'll have to do some more side by sides but i swear it's richer)

*edit2:okay nvm definitely hearing many things i didnt hear before. alot more textural variation in the drums

Vinyl is deffo more dynamic, closer to Tuss production/mastering which for my money is the best of any braindance ever

did anybody who bought the special edition actually listen to the bonus track...

SYROBONKUS - 300 x 300mm Intaglio print from metalwork mother plate, hand printed on 280gsm Somerset Velvet Radiant White, presented in casebound print folio

for the amount of money they charged for it I hope it was this looped over and over

nope, nobody ever figured out how to get it to sound any good. this is the best anyone got:

nope, nobody ever figured out how to get it to sound any good. this is the best anyone got:

It's a nice bullshit, a kind of gadget. Nothing more. The sound that comes out is only the insignificant noise ... and it's wanted. it's just a paper to frame and hang on a wall... :spiteful:

It's a nice bullshit, a kind of gadget. Nothing more. The sound that comes out is only the insignificant noise ... and it's wanted. it's just a paper to frame and hang on a wall... :spiteful:

it sounds... like paper