IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

RDJ has truly succeeded in shaking up the pop world with Syro, as he intended (according to interviews). I hope he is feeling as unstoppable as I feel he is!

Yup, he certainly twatted all that mainstream-bollocks away... :biggrin:

change thread title to 'grammy-winning syro'?

yep. mods pls

but it will look like we actually care about that grammys, pop hypes, wawards and silicone boobs

yep. mods pls

but it will look like we actually care about that grammys, pop hypes, wawards and silicone boobs

I care because Kanye does

Guest progben

Syro is great and I'd say Xmaseve might be the highlight of his whole (and now very massive) discography. Worthy of the Grammy for that alone. Still really enjoying that + circlont6a, syro and papat4 which I think are the best tracks.

Doesn't touch drukqs or saw1 for me but it's still better than 99% of the stuff out there.

Also congrats rich on the grammy

yep. mods pls

I care because Kanye does

Well, there's why I won't change it :emotawesomepm9:

I trust Herr Jann's judgement

guys in what topic did we have that conversation about syro bonus track on that peice of paper and some dude scanning and decoding it to something listenable? link to a video and sound would help. i totally lost and doomed. thx.

wait what....you can actually hear piano on 45rpm, right? i hear a fucking tune there. It's shite, but you can hear it, it's obvious and melodic, but it's there, all the way....(its also on 33 ofc but not so obvious)

can anyone play it on piano and share a record? thx

Just played some XMAS_EVET10 [120][thanaton3 mix] with some nice headphones on while walking home from work.

That fucking track, man. Still couldn't' believe I was listening to the famous 'Metz' Track in all it's original studio recording glory. :')

Can't find any info about this, but I miss the chants that were blended in at the end of the Metz version, what were the chants actually from?

Quoting myself cause I just can't find this out. Was it a track that he dj-ed in? Cos it works.

someone said something about it being an african choir or something like that

Can't find any info about this, but I miss the chants that were blended in at the end of the Metz version, what were the chants actually from?

Quoting myself cause I just can't find this out. Was it a track that he dj-ed in? Cos it works.

someone said something about it being an african choir or something like that

Would have been amazing if the final version had this bit intact, would have just finished it off PERFECTLY. xmasevet is indeed one of his alltime best.

never figured out the intended speed and I think the 45rpm one is actually closer to 50rpm?

I can actually hear some kind of music when I listen to it with my headset.

Yeah, it sounds like one of rdj's CCAI tracks, specifically the gamelan-esque bells n gongs of diskhat ALL prepared1mixed13

LOL..Dave Monolith claiming AFX ripped off his sound on Syro!

https://bleep.com/stream/dave-monolith-top-ten?utm_source=Bleep&utm_campaign=befed501dd-Digital_Mailer_1602152_16_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_db8ca97389-befed501dd-1857525