IGNORED

Clark - Clark (Nov. 3rd 2014)

lawrenke

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw him live for the 4th time yesterday and... oh man, that had to be the worst I'd been to yet. Dunno if he or the club is to blame but sound was fucking crap (could be both since he plays really loud), could barely hear anything in his tracks... His set was a mess. Cringeworthy transitions, some looped tracks that really went on and on, which eventually led him to play the ending of that fucking track right after its intro because lack of time. Felt like a big "fuck you" lol. Dunno what the hell this was all about. I hope he's in better shape for those of you who're going to see him tonight...

Forget that... Clark and plaid are playing at the same time... What to do....

I've never been able to see Clark but I was at Plaid's gig in nyc in july. Was a really fun set and the alternate live version of OH(fav off of rp) is great.

which eventually led him to play the ending of that fucking track right after its intro because lack of time. Felt like a big "fuck you" lol.

lol he plays it like every gig and has for 3 years. I'm gona spoil it since I've listened to it tons of times via yt rips.

which eventually led him to play the ending of that fucking track right after its intro because lack of time. Felt like a big "fuck you" lol.

lol he plays it like every gig and has for 3 years. I'm gona spoil it since I've listened to it tons of times via yt rips.

Yeah I know, heard it live a lot too, but that was the first the first time he did that. Ambient intro... theeeen jungle break. Fuck everything else. Wtf happened Chris seriously?!

Guest trananhhung

His computer crashed 3 times, or whatever that was, during trimmers. It was too loud. On tracks like unfurla you could only hear the kick and the mid range melodies were an undefined soup of sounds. You couldn't tell there was a melody there. The last third was pretty good. He played stuff from TD and lots of glitchy jungle and IDM. Can't hear anything this morning except feedback. We had to move to the sides near the speakers because it was impossible to dance near the stage. Fuck people who go to the front to stand still and talk about ableton. I'm there to dance and so should you.

Oh my that was the london gig or what? at least there were a lot of ace artists there...

I remember some terrible "live" or dj-sets in germany some years ago but I thought around the time he developed phosphor he actually found his perfect set-up... anyway he doesnt seem comfortable at all being at a gig, thats still my impression. and someone who makes music that perfect sure doesnt need to...

well i will see his concert in berlin hope he got his shit together. the promo saying more berghain than guggenheim... he has to deliver hehe

yeah i would love to hear the dettman edit

clark visited a small underground radio station in berlin and talks in full detail about the new lp... really cool from him to support smaller idealistic media. don't mind the german the interview is in english

https://soundcloud.com/bln-fm/blnfm-spezial-mit-clark

Yeah I know, heard it live a lot too, but that was the first the first time he did that. Ambient intro... theeeen jungle break. Fuck everything else. Wtf happened Chris seriously?!

So it wasn't like the proper buildup like in other videos? There's the gig from 2012 where he jammed on the tune for like a while. Just had the thing going and it was nice. I guess this time for you it was the polar opposite. (When you turn up the vol and listen closely you can hear tons of lower end stuff and harmonies beneath but a camera can't pick that up properly. One day we'll hear it properly... one day...

Guest s0nspark

clark visited a small underground radio station in berlin and talks in full detail about the new lp... really cool from him to support smaller idealistic media. don't mind the german the interview is in english

https://soundcloud.com/bln-fm/blnfm-spezial-mit-clark

cool - thanks for that. I really like hearing this kind of thing, although the interviewer's "corrections" were a bit annoying ;-)

So it wasn't like the proper buildup like in other videos? There's the gig from 2012 where he jammed on the tune for like a while. Just had the thing going and it was nice. I guess this time for you it was the polar opposite. (When you turn up the vol and listen closely you can hear tons of lower end stuff and harmonies beneath but a camera can't pick that up properly. One day we'll hear it properly... one day...

Last time I heard it it was a proper buildup, like in the video. This time it just sounded like he lacked time (which he wouldn't have if he didn't pretty much x2'ed Sodium Trimmers and Banjo) so he aborted it and let Perc play. So frustrating.

Anyway yes, one day I'll rock this in my room 24/7.

Yes one day

I don't know what it is about this album that really has it's hooks in me but I'm pretty sure I've listened to it more than anything else that came out this year, and possibly more than any previous Clark album. It's so restrained & minimal compared to his past work (not just in the layering but also in how non-challenging aka quantized the beats are) that you'd think it wouldn't warrant so many repeat listens but jams like Winter Linn & There's A Distance In You take some very pedestrian chord progressions and somehow elevate them to brilliance.

The craftsmanship on display here coupled with the very Clark-ness of the sounds makes the self-titling quite appropriate, imo.

I'm not sure what I think of this so far.

I like it quite a bit as an album but there aren't any standout tracks for me. I couldn't name one track at the moment without looking at the tracklist. If that makes any sense?

Sodium Trimmers is the shit, as it whole album. He's pushed himself forward beyond what he could do before, which not many are capable of without crashing and burning. Only crit I have is that it's self-titled. So lazy!

Sodium Trimmers is the shit, as it whole album. He's pushed himself forward beyond what he could do before, which not many are capable of without crashing and burning. Only crit I have is that it's self-titled. So lazy!

I don't like that track at all. Actually that's the only track I don't like of the album. I find the vocal loop he chucked on the end annoying and repetitive. Not trying to kill your buzz. I found the rest of the album quite enjoyable especially as an album.

And I want to renege on my comment earlier, I do find that there is one standout track: Banjo!

I feel like it definitely stands out in how much energy it has. I think it's the closest to Body Riddle/Turning Dragon style Clark in a long time.

I'm definitely conflicted on this album!

I don't like that track at all. Actually that's the only track I don't like of the album. I find the vocal loop he chucked on the end annoying and repetitive. Not trying to kill your buzz. I found the rest of the album quite enjoyable especially as an album.

Now that you've said so, I've deleted the track from the album and will never listen to it again. Thanks.

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest murphythecat8

I don't know what it is about this album that really has it's hooks in me but I'm pretty sure I've listened to it more than anything else that came out this year, and possibly more than any previous Clark album. It's so restrained & minimal compared to his past work (not just in the layering but also in how non-challenging aka quantized the beats are) that you'd think it wouldn't warrant so many repeat listens but jams like Winter Linn & There's A Distance In You take some very pedestrian chord progressions and somehow elevate them to brilliance.

The craftsmanship on display here coupled with the very Clark-ness of the sounds makes the self-titling quite appropriate, imo.

I agree.

at first, I didnt like it but then it gets in your head. dont know why. its indeed the most minimal album from clark. theres a simplicity in the melodies that I like. I kinda like the album. I think that it may be his best album to date.

Archived