IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Playlists!!!! Nnnnnnniiiiiccccceeeeeee ooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee RRrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrd!!!!!!!! :) :) :))))))

I think it's reasonable to assume that both Cheetahs came from the same time period. AFAICT, Teac seems like not so contemporary a company, although. Cheetah very very likely refers to the English-made Cheetah synths though we know not which one. Both have been around since the 80s, although that doesn't mean he wasn't using/recording recently. Certainly they weren't recorded in the 80s. Worth noting that Teac and Cheetah don't show up in the Syro equipment list.

Since it's not used on the album, but the style is so similar, I'd guess post-Tuss, early Syro era (~2009?), even though that's later than anything else we've gotten.

Also the latest three seem very early...like 1988 PBoD?

Edited by atypic

aaaaaaand the new playlists are gone.

BITTER EDIT: this is all your fault ivan ooze. he must have seen your comment here. :catcry:

whoops sorry

afx take my wife!

you actually HAVE a wife? i thought 99,9% of all posters here were sitting alone in their parents basement :wacko:

yeah i have one dude, these filthy underpants aren't gonna clean themselfs

a wife and a ball, what more does one need

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I think it's reasonable to assume that both Cheetahs came from the same time period. AFAICT, Teac seems like not so contemporary a company, although. Cheetah very very likely refers to the English-made Cheetah synths though we know not which one. Both have been around since the 80s, although that doesn't mean he wasn't using/recording recently. Certainly they weren't recorded in the 80s. Worth noting that Teac and Cheetah don't show up in the Syro equipment list.

Since it's not used on the album, but the style is so similar, I'd guess post-Tuss, early Syro era (~2009?), even though that's later than anything else we've gotten.

Also the latest three seem very early...like 1988 PBoD?

Unless someone asks him and he specifically says 'oh yeah these tracks are much later than everything else I've uploaded so far' those Cheetah tracks are from the 90s. If that's the case it shines a whole new light on Syro for me. Would mean it's a 'personality' he'd been working on without releasing even a hint of it for over 20 years. I'm probably wrong though I dunno I go away again now.

Guest beatgunk1

So there are 7 new tracks right? Nothing was uploaded and then quickly deleted during my sleep?

Asking because since Girl/Boy Dark Version and Red Calx, I've gotten a paranoia for RDJ deleting stuff from his SC

Cheetah3 teac is real nice but not a fan of the other cheetah one. Nutcracker's sample gets very badly offbeat but if it's his one of first sampler tracks then it's already nice. Mulberry Bush: mind=blown

Asthma1 is awesome!!

Edited by beatgunk1

Unless someone asks him and he specifically says 'oh yeah these tracks are much later than everything else I've uploaded so far' those Cheetah tracks are from the 90s. If that's the case it shines a whole new light on Syro for me. Would mean it's a 'personality' he'd been working on without releasing even a hint of it for over 20 years. I'm probably wrong though I dunno I go away again now.

I think that's too strong of a statement. T13 and T08 were from ~2014 but were posted on SC. Uncle Joyrex said the Cottages were from Tuss-era and I think tigercubdelay is too. There are a couple likely Analord-era tracks, the Luke Vibert track was ~2006.

I think ~2009 tracks are certainly plausible.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I think that's too strong of a statement. T13 and T08 were from ~2014 but were posted on SC. Uncle Joyrex said the Cottages were from Tuss-era and I think tigercubdelay is too. There are a couple likely Analord-era tracks, the Luke Vibert track was ~2006.

I think ~2009 tracks are certainly plausible.

Has he specifically tagged tracks as being later than mid-late 90s or said this in comments or something? I've seen quite a few people throwing around comments like 'oh this sounds like Drukqs era!' 'total Tuss vibes' etc. on tunes that sound to me like they're from the 90s when he was releasing stuff that sounded completely different at the time. Where is the JR quote? Did he just say he thought it sounded like that or was it an actual nudge nudge wink wink I know what I'm talking about statement?

Guest damageis

Newest tracks are so lush. Seriously hearing some of these for the first time make me so happy I feel like I have died and gone to RDJ heaven.

Richard you legend.

i haven't listened to this much RDJ since i first heard about him in 2001. any other music seems a waste of effort at the moment.

Edited by leterel

not%20even%20close_zpsrch7deyv.png

Just sayin'...

Nah atypic is pretty close imo. Most of the dump is pre-1996 stuff, with the occassional odd one out. For example, he uploaded T13 / T8 with the noyzelab interview stuff and described it as one of his most recent tracks. Afaik the cottage tracks are Analord-era or later, not sure. The Vibert remix is definitely done somewhere in 2006. I do have my doubts about tigercubdelay.

I'm convinced that 179 brk 2 is made in the Drukqs era. Dead giveaway is 1:52 and onwards. Still not sure about Notting Hill Bus although I guess it's somewhere in the late 90's. Are there more recent-sounding ones?