IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

anyone else getting the feeling that

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/9-summer2

is RDJ trying to make something in an older style of his but much more recently? It sounds to me like hes using all the rare analog synths he's collected over the years to recreate something that was done on a much more basic setup.

it's from 1994 according to the description

Glock+Onion and that Summer track got me grinning ear-to-ear over here. Love when he puts brings those borderline saccharine melodies to the table. Some may find it sappy, but I love that side of his music.

i love it how although some of these tracks present some new sounds, it's all unmistakably aphex

Yeah, the guy has a certain way of recording things that you just know it's him. Really loving the latest batch of uploads. I know he said he isn't even close to Drukqs-era stuff yet, but I'm still incredibly excited for those.

i had a dream last night he posted a bunch of amenbreak workouts from around the same time as Drukqs similar to the track (forgot the name now) on the rephlexions comp.

has the aphex soundcloud dump ended up in other people's dreams too?

edit: one of the ones from my dream sounded like Steinvord/goplastic

Edited by John Ehrlichman

is RDJ trying to make something in an older style of his but much more recently? It sounds to me like hes using all the rare analog synths he's collected over the years to recreate something that was done on a much more basic setup.

I hear it too, sounds way cleaner and a little more "restrained" in a nice way.

Guest donk

SgilOdS.jpg

are they talking about ween?

Yep

Nice. Wonder what an AFX remix of this would sound like?

God only knows but it would be well brown for sure. An AFX remix of any Ween track would make my day week month year forever

[8 MTG Edit Eq-powerpill] updated description:

1993 this and 'jaws' were supposed to be possible follow ups for pacman but after i gave this to London records, they were like yeah mate, umm..when you do a track with vocals get in touch with us again..got some other funny stories about them.. Might upload the jaws track if i can find, was a bit weak though.

Guest cult fiction

I hear it too, sounds way cleaner and a little more "restrained" in a nice way.

Description says 1994

1993 this and 'jaws' were supposed to be possible follow ups for pacman but after i gave this to London records, they were like yeah mate, umm..when you do a track with vocals get in touch with us again..got some other funny stories about them.. Might upload the jaws track if i can find, was a bit weak though.

and [tigercubdelay] :

Guest bitroast

wowwww new batch is (again) amazing. tamclap was already one of my favs but even felt a bit long or like some of the bits went for too long ?? any how, i liked it anyway for an unreleased track and then edited remix version drops anyway!! loving the version :):) very trippy, cool stuff.

Don't mind me, just getting up at 6 am to listen to new Aphex albums worth of songs, as you do. Not got to Glock + Onion yet but I can tell it's going to be good. Some crazy sounds in this latest lot, I think maybe the reason the comment sections are such a shit show is people are losing their minds, unprepared for the afx sounds. Brb, got to send Rich 100 comments berating his nose and lips.

Just heard Syro in 24 wav for first time.

Imagine if dump was upscaled to even 1/10 of that.

:music:

I don't believe in people hearing the difference, unless it was sourced from a different master than the 16-bit CD

mad props to ya

yup. 24bit is a waste of time.

the weirdness of snake oil delusional disorder is too extreme for even me to comprehend sometimes

Listen to the 256kbps rip on a good system, and then the CD/flac(better the 24bit) to my ears it's quite obvious the sound is way more full, but maybe most people aren't used to earing what is a good production...

SgilOdS.jpg

are they talking about ween?

Just when I thought I couldn't love him more, oh AFX.

And the end of 5 7z is fucking banging.

and [tigercubdelay] :

he's readin this thread obv

edit: posted in it a couple of times too ;)

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

Guest nuane

the old caustic window (now Erik) account?

What? I never used the Caustic Window account and I've never changed the adress of my SC account.

for some reason i'm surprised to hear tigercubdelay was 1998, i wonder when both of those quadraverb treated tracks were supposed to be from ( i assumed fairly recently), i suppose it probably said in the original syrobonkers interview. I really love tigercubdelay though, if it was 5 minutes long it could easily be AFX's kill robok/gantz graf