IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

oh noo! i'm sorry richard, i thought it'd be okay since he said it was him in a comment :cry: i feel awful now

Your grand punishment, as once designed by the Tribunal o' WATMM (aka TWATMM), specifically made in case should Richard's discogs account have been made public, shall be: Thou must listen to two Flashbulb albums. No less. Definitely no more. We are not that sadistic.

As administrator of said punishment tri, you are expected to be present whilst patina does this and to make sure that it occurs you are not allowed noise cancelling headyphones.

I hope this is just another impostor closing their account to cause a stir like we saw with all the soundcloud wannabes and Richard took that discogs comment as a suggestion or something.

WATMM

Come on kinda creepy

sry richrud

WATMM are the creepy ones in this situation?

lol

µ-Ziq is uploading a bunch of tracks to his SC as we speak, I'm gonna go listen to that. Have fun with the Bill Corey stuff guys.

ahh....proper good stuf that Mike puts out.

MYAPIO.

*back to topic*

Is it wrong for RDJ to release this many tracks for free?

I reckon he does not want to wait for the record co. to drag their feet....

Edited by gafjunkis

someone just asked him on sc if he has another 250 songs and richard responded "you dont even know!"

i guess with such amounts of songs a sc dump or something similar is necessary. he seems to be keeping warp happy with great releases to sell.

it is a very nice thing he is doing for people, allowing them to hear his work. i imagine, even in a perfect world, there is a psychological tax to releasing music. being watched effects one's mind. to elaborate, i think music that one plays to one's self has an edge over music that is played to others. so, richard is sacrificing that psychological element of privacy for us, so we can hear and enjoy. so, not only is it easily categorizable as right, it's also a generous and good thing he is doing for people.

Edited by very honest

Guest Londonskater

Yeah, thats the thing...if he released this music "proper" (i.e. digital or physical paid-for) you might end up in this weird world where people from fans to reviewers begin to have the attitude of "Oh, another RDJ release! Jeez...He'll put anything out for a bit of cash".

Right now, he seems to be putting more physical stuff out (an LP, 2 EPs and a 12", in the last year, right?) regularly whilst still managing to have a solid clearout of old tunes, mixes, ideas, leftovers, etc.

...and I love it.

Roll on the MFM official release, the Druqks V2 tunes (Little has been mentioned of that comment he made) and all of the lost cassette rips. And more.

I'll keep soaking up the RDJ wherever I can get it.

Martins Car is a jam for the ages. The acid line just holding things the fuck down under soaring synth melodies

*searches thread for martins car, this comes up, still fitting
photo.jpg

Edited by Marked x 0ne