IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I think its rdj and if its not its someone whos really good at emulating his older style, or something similar enough to it where you could maybe imagine its a style he did but didn't release

the clarity throws me off a bit as im used to only hearing these style tracks in LQ but these are very loud and low bitrate

ripping

Also, thanks folks for grabbing/posting the user# stuff. Going through them now with headphones...delightful stuff! Pretty convincing all told.

Ditto on the Rod Whitters YouTube channel.

The scream that first appears at 1min12 on Quad Rave and keeps coming up again and again, is the scream on Analogue Bubblebath 4, first track, that keeps coming up again and again throughout the track. Weird hehe.

No one knows how to bypass protection and download those tracks?

Don't think that's the same scream from AB4, but I do know it's the same scream that Luke uses in his DJ sets as presets. Luke also did a remix of the original track where the sample is from:

Which is even more proof that it's Aphex behind this, together with all the other clues in the music, the BS backstory and Aphex commenting on it + the fact that Bimbongo was at first Q-Chastic's 002 (but slower) before being deleted after 5 minutes and replaced by a track that sounds like it was made in the same week as 002.

Thanks for the nuance! Probably not the same scream as you say, but still very similar in how he uses it. Anyway it's all fascinating! Thanks to everyone who uploaded the tracks.

this is richard. the q-chastic upload gives it away. the cat 002 track only exists on the philosophy of sound & machine compilation in public, but his upload is slightly different at the beginning. it starts with a similar "crashing" sound that can be heard at 0:05 on the philosophy version, and if you compare, there's an extra bit of drumming before the beat comes to sync. so it's not only slower, but also a tiny bit longer. who else could possess this version if not rich himself? i'm not good with dats, but i assume it could've been cut from the q-chastic ep in its original, slower form.

sincerely,

anal forensics

Edited by Herr Jan
Deleted copyrighted material

Thanks for sharing!

So, i presume this is all unreleased Q-Chastic then? It sounds like really early stuff he made in the late eighties/early nineties when he hadn't finished

creating that sound he's so well known for.

Luvvly stuff. Glad he seriously picked up his old job of releasing music again.

* puts on headset and lies down in the grass, watching the cloudlines in the sky*

Guest bitroast

Lol?

lol as in .. lol asif that nag champa breaks 5 track is rdj ?

doesn't sound at all like him outside of classixxx rdjj sound tropes being dropped every so many seconds. it's like a wishlist in drukqs 2 style aphex in a 5 minute track. why would that be unreleased and uploaded via soundcloud under some mysterious account? I don't know. believe what you want. :)

Lol?

lol as in .. lol asif that nag champa breaks 5 track is rdj ?

doesn't sound at all like him outside of classixxx rdjj sound tropes being dropped every so many seconds. it's like a wishlist in drukqs 2 style aphex in a 5 minute track. why would that be unreleased and uploaded via soundcloud under some mysterious account? I don't know. believe what you want. :)

I see. Well, I was just sharing the track from OP. Don't laugh at the messenger ;)

Sounds like Heorge Garrison to me. Don't really care tho. Tracks are sweet. Hope they get a release so I don't have to listen in 128kbps.

I can't speculate too much but I can imagine aphex releasing a bunch of stuff incognito around the time of a release just for bonus material as he did for Syrobonkers because he has tons of music and he likes to be nice but doesn't want people to think he's too nice, so it's gotta be incognito...

Also I imagine he would enjoy people pulling their hair out trying to figure it out, but who knows. I do think there are people out there who are talented enough to fool people into thinking it's afx.

also I think it's bs these were made in the early 90s, a lot of the percussion are modern styles like the high hats on parking lot, bimbongo and Suzanne

also I think it's bs these were made in the early 90s, a lot of the percussion are modern styles like the high hats on parking lot, bimbongo and Suzanne

Maybe the songs are old, but he has polished some parts over the years, rerecorded others, etc.