IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

The scream that first appears at 1min12 on Quad Rave and keeps coming up again and again, is the scream on Analogue Bubblebath 4, first track, that keeps coming up again and again throughout the track. Weird hehe.

No one knows how to bypass protection and download those tracks?

Don't think that's the same scream from AB4, but I do know it's the same scream that Luke uses in his DJ sets as presets. Luke also did a remix of the original track where the sample is from:

Which is even more proof that it's Aphex behind this, together with all the other clues in the music, the BS backstory and Aphex commenting on it + the fact that Bimbongo was at first Q-Chastic's 002 (but slower) before being deleted after 5 minutes and replaced by a track that sounds like it was made in the same week as 002.

The scream is sampled from a Cheryl Lynn track, can't remember which one but it's live recording. Don't think you can take that as proof is aphex. At least not over all the other way more obvious stuff ;)

True Amen Warrior, they both seemed to really like that sample though :)

Anyway, this seems to be connected to his 30 year anniversary of music making again (check the guess the new shit thread). He has told before that he had some DATs / test pressings at his parents house (like Q-Chastic), these tracks fit perfectly after those Noyzelab tracks and scans (also the scans Diskhat soundcloud track)...

Tiny tidbit added to that Parking Lot track: "made in 1988-89". And even Mike Paradinas has commented on the Chink 101 track:

Planet Mu Records says at 0:31:
Thanks Rich - like an early version of this www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Bi_9nOu5Y

For anyone still doubting if this is legit :)

1 Chink 101 is such a tune. Getting some serious Blue Calx/Hexagon vibes from this one. I kinda wish that he would officially release these through Warp, but I guess that would mean having to endure all the shitty "it sounds outdated" criticism from music publications.

What's the best way to rip Soundcloud tracks without using Firefox extensions? I only have Chrome installed on this PC.

Tiny tidbit added to that Parking Lot track: "made in 1988-89". And even Mike Paradinas has commented on the Chink 101 track:

Planet Mu Records says at 0:31:
Thanks Rich - like an early version of this www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Bi_9nOu5Y

:rhubear1:

Guest theembryo

The end of that user number - 363530 - draws out the AFX logo if you follow it on a numeric keypad (rotated 90 degrees clockwise, anyway).

The end of that user number - 363530 - draws out the AFX logo if you follow it on a numeric keypad (rotated 90 degrees clockwise, anyway).

well fuck me

woah

and 487 is 4nalogue 8ubblebath 7 ?

Thanks for posting that afxafxafx video clip from YT. I agree with the general consensus on that one - some impressive work but not RDJ.

Listened again to the reddit/vocaroo track this morning in the car. I guess I'm unsure about that one. I thought I heard some Paradinas in it this morning.

I haven't heard much comment on the Rod Whitters YT stuff. That sounds like a definite yes to me.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I haven't heard much comment on the Rod Whitters YT stuff. That sounds like a definite yes to me.

Nice try Rod ;)

Nice try Rod ;)

Your answer makes me smile a lot; there's something a little sweet and endearing about the thought of me or someone making those tracks and saying "hey guys but what about my stuff it sounds like RDJ tooooo"

But as it happens, I definitely didn't make it, and it really genuinely sounds like RDJ to me, more so even than the new user## stuff (although that's much more likely to be him given the other circumstantial info). It sounds less like RDJ, I guess, because it's super old stuff.

Rod Whitters Untitled 1 second half sounds super Caustic Window to me. Untitled 4/5, which appears to be two tracks, definitely sounds of that era too.