IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

lol

Apparently I am a watmm super sleuth according to Pitchfork :)

And various WATMM super-sleuths have turned up plenty of evidence supporting James's authorship, like the appearance of the track titled "8 Utopia" in Aphex Twin's 2010 performance in Barcelona (some seven minutes into this video).
The lesson, maybe, is to trust no one, listen to your gut, and rely on the wisdom of the crowd. The WATMM sleuths remind me a lot of the online community in William Gibson's novel Pattern Recognition. In the book, a mysterious online phenomenon known as "The Footage" sends users on a networked quest to discover the origin and meaning of the video clips. I'd expound on that theory, but I see that user48736353001 has begun uploading new clips. There'll be time to unravel the mystery later.
Nice article though!

I'm honestly not holding my breath for any material from the RDJ album onward. He's said in interviews that it was taking him longer and longer to make tracks at that point, which leads me to believe it will be slim pickings. Stranger shit has happened, though. Like everything that's happened in the last 48 hours. :biggrin:

Edited by BaggerMcGuirk

Mike Paradinas ... identified a tune called "Symbonsad" as being previously released on the ART label, although he didn't specify which release

Any idea which release?

http://www.discogs.com/label/2214-Applied-Rhythmic-Technology-ART

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Philosophy-Of-Sound-And-Machine/release/51236

Q-Chastic - 002

He makes music all the time, but properly releasing it takes a lot of time and effort, so he's got this huge backlog that he can't face organising (he's said several times that he gets overwhelmed when trying to group tracks into possible releases)

So what's he gonna do? Sneaky SoundCloud uploads is a good solution. Lots of fun for him and us at 128kbps and maybe get warp or rephlex to release the favourites eventually, a la chosen lords.

Hopefully its enjoyable for him to get all this stuff heard and cause a watmm meltdown.

Thanks Rich!

Mike Paradinas ... identified a tune called "Symbonsad" as being previously released on the ART label, although he didn't specify which release

Any idea which release?

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Philosophy-Of-Sound-And-Machine/release/51236

Q-Chastic - 002

Excellent sleuthing!

yea i bet he doesn't have as much drill and bass-lovelyness just laying around like all of this older polygon/i care/tube/raver gear

either way thank you for the late xmas present

Edited by yikes

He makes music all the time, but properly releasing it takes a lot of time and effort, so he's got this huge backlog that he can't face organising (he's said several times that he gets overwhelmed when trying to group tracks into possible releases)

So what's he gonna do? Sneaky SoundCloud uploads is a good solution. Lots of fun for him and us at 128kbps and maybe get warp or rephlex to release the favourites eventually, a la chosen lords.

Hopefully its enjoyable for him to get all this stuff heard and cause a watmm meltdown.

Thanks Rich!

Newsflash: Rephlex has stopped trading since late 2013 unfortunately. Which is one of the reasons why this is released in this way :) he announced it in recent interviews that he would do it like this, because organizing was too much trouble indeed (I posted the quote a couple of times in this thread).

Any idea which release?

Edited by Consul

Guest Keelan Tollefson

I've just been dumping all of these soundcloud files into a folder named "User487363530" and in the metadata making that the album title.

A Warp release 'Chosen Lords Pt. 2' with a selection of these tracks would be rad

Hi Pitchfork. Just name your article "Aphex Twin is uploading tons of unreleased material. Holy shit." There really is no question. Us Sleuths have sniffed out the authenticity. Trust us.

Thanks Rich!

yep, i was thinking about that. i'm turning the computer off, hopes some good lads here are saving mp3s in case AFX deletes it all by the middle of the night !!!!

has joyrex said anything about all this ??

Joy:

I/WATMM have nothing to do with the SoundCloud stuff... and it has nothing to do with what I've been referring to.

I have this strong desire to record some of these to a cassette. Would finish the job of transporting me back to the 90s when I made my own afx tapes.

That's a great idea! Seems like an appropriate format given the quality and length of this.

How many times have all of you had to stop and question if you were dreaming since this started?

This soundcloud explosion is exactly the kind of nerdy dreams i usually have.

19 Ssnb is already has "if you could only have one song on a deserted island" status in my book, it's just out of this world.

Yeah, it's fucking perfect