IGNORED

Aphex Twin wins Grammy

atypic

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, does Richard get the physical award, or do they just keep it because he didn't show?

they send it to him USPS lol

They send him an e-Grammy which is a flash-based grammy a bit like flash based greeting cards

I believe the animation is of a blue box with stars and question marks on it and then it opens up and a grammy pops out while midi trumpets play and fireworks go off in the background

if anyone missed it

so great, the "see ya later", the awkwardness and the confusing and the song that stops playing

this award announcement was different, unique and perfect in its own way, kind of like a detuned synth

quite fitting

Don't forget the horrible audio on the guy who follows up the announcement. Everything about it is awkward/crap.

hahaha, this right here. so perfect.

Hope he'll sample that speech in the middle of a track !

So, does Richard get the physical award, or do they just keep it because he didn't show?

They send him an e-Grammy which is a flash-based grammy a bit like flash based greeting cards

I believe the animation is of a blue box with stars and question marks on it and then it opens up and a grammy pops out while midi trumpets play and fireworks go off in the background

lol

they send him a scratch and sniff sticker in the shape of a grammy and it smells like rusty metal and that lady with the broken face (was she in the windowlicker vid??) that presented the award

awesome

lmao

im scared to do a twitter search for aphex.. at least deadmaus was a good sport about it

i wonder if the fake syro tracks on youtube will see a boost in views? lol

Congartulayahuns to Richard and James the Effects Twins, they win best EDM dance record of the year for the stunning debut albumen called "Sorry".

Well done lads

The awkwardness of this whole award ceremony was almost like a continuation of the Syro press release, like some nauseating alternate dimension where everything is just slightly twisted out of shape and the affects twins win a groommy.

lol unbelivable

I even thought syro nomination was a fake... and now it won.

Well, congrats to Warp Records

(I bet rdj still doesn't know and he really don't give a funk about it)

edit (well probably he feels bad about it, I'd clear out your sense of guilt by flushing to soundcloud all of the druqks outtakes you have for us)

lol i wont ever get bored of that video

Wtf, he won? First I get 155 free new afx tracks in a month and now he wins a Grammy? Am I even in the right dimension anymore

Well I read that DJ Tiesto also won for remixing John Legend, so I suppose the rest of the world is unchanged.

I wonder if Warp will start lauding him as an award winning artist in future releases/tweets :wang:

Haven't listened to deadmau5 but @notch likes afx and likes deadmau5 so can't be that bad

He has a few good tracks. He makes some of the best contemporary house music I've heard, thing is contemporary house is kinda... well bad... like really bad(sorry contemporary house artists)

Buuuut he has a few standout tracks among many bad ones. None of his music is annoying really unless it involves some pop singer singing, which is good when half of your friends thinks of deadmouse when you mention electronic music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf9V0hwJ6qk

Well, after a quick look at the nominees list and the overall quality level, I think it is actually very worrying that Aphex won a Grammy

don't knock Little Dragon.

lol

Well, after a quick look at the nominees list and the overall quality level, I think it is actually very worrying that Aphex won a Grammy

There are bigger things to worry about than someone getting an industry-endorsed pat on the back for their efforts. Seems fairly inconsequential to me. Skin up and/or worry about inequity or impending environmental catastrophe instead.

Archived