IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

I don't think I've ever heard a Steely Dan track. Not sure if should

They're very competent musicians, the compositions are just super vapid to me. I never bothered to read the lyrics, I guess if you like lyrics that make you feel smart they're your guys.

damn this post is retarded lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'll never understand suicide by hanging, it's a relatively slow and painful death. Easy enough and quiet, but I assumed someone like Bourdain would've gone the OD route? I always liked his shows.

This one hits hard. I can't think of a travel show host, food critic/enthusiast, and personality who I grew to cherish more than Anthony Bourdain. Strip away all the hip stuff about his shows and travels and there was something so goddamn sincere, open-minded, and unpretentious about the man. I'll miss him greatly.

Very sad. I loved his book Kitchen Confidential when I read it ten years ago and often said it was like the Chef version of a Hunter S Thompson book. And now it looks like he's 'done a Hunter S' ie was done with getting old. 

Yeah I'm honestly at a loss of why he committed suicide, he's kind of mellowed out gradually - almost seemingly substituting travelling and exploring cuisine for sex, drugs, and rock and roll.

I don't want to speculate too much.

Yeah I'm honestly at a loss of why he committed suicide, he's kind of mellowed out gradually - almost seemingly substituting travelling and exploring cuisine for sex, drugs, and rock and roll.

I don't want to speculate too much.

He didnt exercise at all!

Did he ate breakfast? No!

So, there you go...

I'll never understand suicide by hanging, it's a relatively slow and painful death. Easy enough and quiet, but I assumed someone like Bourdain would've gone the OD route? I always liked his shows.

in executions by hanging the neck usually snaps after the drop if it's done right so it's quick and easy, dunno if that's usually the case for domestic suicide

in executions by hanging the neck usually snaps after the drop if it's done right so it's quick and easy, dunno if that's usually the case for domestic suicide

I always say - dont try this at home!

fuckfuckfuck

that makes me so angry. Don't think I've been bothered by a celebrity death since David Bowie?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

usually home suicides it’s the old belt tied to a doorknob. not a fun way to go.

I think you pass out and die unconscious.  could be wrong. Just goes to show you never know. Last person I would have thunk

rip. followed his career since I started working in kitchens as a kid.  The man was an honest poet.  It's crushing that I don't understand why he hung himself.  And all I  truly can imagine is him uttering a smug sarcasm to himself as he places the rope around his neck.

fuckfuckfuck

that makes me so angry. Don't think I've been bothered by a celebrity death since David Bowie?

same here, Robin Williams was pretty devastating too

i was hanging out with a couple of friends this morning and we heard that bourdain was dead and we all had a similarly devasted response. i can’t put my finger on it exactly but the guy meant a lot to us all somehow. i think it was that he was a public figure that seemed authentic and open-minded and interested in the world. either way we all mourned by watching parts unknown and eventually came to the conclusion that one can at least say that he saw a lot of cool shit during his life. RIP

one can at least say that he saw a lot of cool shit during his life. RIP

Amazing passage from Kitchen Confidential when he's still a rookie, working for a guy providing opulent and showy-offy feasts for rich people for wallet gouging prices. They're looking through very old and classic cookbooks and decide upon some ridiculous thing involving sculpting lots of classical mythical things out of aspic etc.

Cut to him and his boss doing this inside a walk-in freezer over a period of days, wearing thermal suits, high on acid and amphetamines.

Tis a great book, read it if you haven't done so. I'm gonna reread it soon.