IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

so much amazing music.. RIP!!!

do we have an ennio morricone thread?

this humble carefree track has always been one of my favorites.  listen to the end for a phat synthesizer pulse.. that sort of unexpected instrumentation is an aspect i have alwys loved in his music

Edited by markedone

On 7/6/2020 at 1:10 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

My all time favourite film composer, dead at a completely reasonable age.  Sad nevertheless.  RIP. 

Was listening to the Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion soundtrack earlier this week, and considering doing a cover version of this one:

I followed through with that cover idea.  Here's the result:

https://themunicipality.bandcamp.com/track/le-foto-proibite-di-una-signora-per-bene

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I followed through with that cover idea.  Here's the result:

https://themunicipality.bandcamp.com/track/le-foto-proibite-di-una-signora-per-bene

The vocals sound great in spite of it not even being Italian.

2 minutes ago, Braintree said:

The vocals sound great in spite of it not even being Italian.

Haha thanks.  There was no transcription of them anywhere, so I had to go through line by line and attempt my closest approximation.  That was actually the most challenging part about making this.  I should post my transcription of pretend Italian somewhere.  It's pretty good.

Aneurysms are the worst.  So random.  A guy I used to be friends with was at the gym exercising with his friend, when suddenly his friend collapsed and died right in front of him.  Aneurysm.  Dude was in his early 20s.  Fuck that shit.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

It's honestly a topic you probably don't want to explore. It's a vivid reminder of how we are ticking time bombs that can detonate any minute.

Maybe you'll get "lucky" and vision loss/headache/weird visible pulsating thing in your neck or belly (no joke) will tip you off for surgical correction. The belly one is an ascending aortic aneurysm and I have dumped piles of blood products into those cases. Very stressful and dodgy outcomes usually.

If you don't get tipped, you go the way of your bicycle tube. A bulge and a yelp and the afterlife is ours!

11 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Aneurysms are the worst.  So random.  A guy I used to be friends with was at the gym exercising with his friend, when suddenly his friend collapsed and died right in front of him.  Aneurysm.  Dude was in his early 20s.  Fuck that shit.

My family is very lucky. Both my father and sister were almost taken by brain Aneurysms, and they aren't blood-related. I went though a period of being super paranoid about this myself and got a lot of tests done to confirm I'm safe.

RIP Grant Imahara. Very sad ?

Edited by chenGOD
Edited at user's request to clear up confusion.
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Taupe Beats said:

My family is very lucky. Both my father and sister were taken by brain Aneurysms, and they aren't blood-related. I went though a period of being super paranoid about this myself and got a lot of tests done to confirm I'm safe.

RIP Grant Imahara. Very sad ?

Oh shit, I worded that very poorly. They were *almost* taken, both survived through surgery. Sorry work multitasking and watmm posting makes for foolish output.

• Like 2