IGNORED

What Are You Having For Dinner

PhylumZunami

made pizza again, this time from frozen dough from the last time, so it wasn't quite as nice, though I compensated with an improved effort at making the yoke, showed restraint on the toppings too which made a big difference.

hXFxHmL.jpg

just chorizo, mozzarella and tomato sauce.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought seven of those Uncle Ben microwave rice pouches, one for each nightshift.

Tonight is special fried rice.

Then mango pudding.

dinner of champions!

they were between 1.70-1.99 each. Cheaper than the 3.70 readymeals I normally buy for nightshifts.

This is my first time eating them so whether or not they are worth the money is up in air atm

Guest Morphy

I bought a can of U.K. Heinz baked beans from the import section. It was 2 dollars more than the USA version but hoggy said it was worth trying. I got some cocktail weenies to go with it.

they were between 1.70-1.99 each. Cheaper than the 3.70 readymeals I normally buy for nightshifts.

This is my first time eating them so whether or not they are worth the money is up in air atm

Yeah if you go for the one-meal-per-bag scheme it's fine.

And it's perfect for lazy evenings

Pelmeni and okroshka. My girlfriend cooked today. She makes lots of Russian, Uzbek, and German food when she cooks so it's been really interesting to try food from those regions with her families recipes.

Tomorrow it's my turn to cook and I'm BBQing a duck. Smoking it with apple wood over indirect heat and finishing with a glaze of white wine, fancy mustard, butter and maple syrup. Plated up with a black cherry and port reduction, chive duchess potatoes and garlic'd haricots verts.

my carrots in the garden are coming along so I think a carrot cake is due soon. :)

rice with stuff. the stuff consisting of a lettuce mixture of greenery, mushrooms & onions. Also added some chopped up fish, cashew nuts and peanuts. Added a spice mixture of garlic pepper, cumin, turmeric & smoked paprika. To top it off i added soy sauce, seroendeng (cocos mixture) and some sour stuff called atjar tjampoer. v tasty :ok:

33aytjk.jpg

you just got beaned too btw

That looks amazing Chim! Any chance that's a recipe online somewhere that you could link? My guess is no but it's worth a shot.

I'm drooling here

That looks amazing Chim! Any chance that's a recipe online somewhere that you could link? My guess is no but it's worth a shot.

I'm drooling here

Thanks, it was a bit of an experiment, a personal take on an existing recipe but I'll take you through it. Not sure how familiar you are with the metric system. Easily feeds 4 at these proportions.

Pie dough is 125g butter with 3dl of wheat flour, add two spoons of water once its starting to mix, then just fill the bottom/sides of the mold, put in the fridge for 30 minutes while you prepare the rest.

Prep: slice and dice a couple red onions, some meadow mushrooms and a couple red bell peppers.

Turn your oven to 200 celsius. Put some butter/oil and around 500g of minced meat in a pan, just want it to turn brown. Sprinkle a pinch of wheat flour. Add a dl or several of chili sauce, some salt, a beef/meat stock/boullion cube and some oregano or whatever seasoning you fancy, then add 2.5dl water and mix it all together, let it simmer so the water evaporates a bit, might wanna turn down the heat if it sits a bit long.

Fry the veggies in another pan to get rid of excess water until the mushrooms have shrunk, then add to the meat pan and shove it around.

Pie dough preheats in the oven for 10 minutes before the final stage, stick a fork in there at a few spots.

Pour the whole business into the dough mold, add a liberal amount of shredded cheese (i think i had a layer of at least 300g gouda) and a generous amount of parmesan. Chuck into the oven for 30 minutes. Serve with chilis, tomatoes, whatever you like. Think that's about it, pretty simple but it's fucking great!

Thanks Chim, I really appreciate you writing that out. Me and the wife have been talking about making something similar but never got around to finding a recipe so we're going to try yours tomorrow.

I've copied your instructions to my recipe file!! Will post pics if it turns out proper. :beer:

Wow that's nice, good luck! Forgot to add that you can mix an egg with 1dl milk and brush it onto the dough sides and on top of the pie after you've added the meat mix to the mold, but before the cheese. Protects the dough and helps tie things together in the oven.

a double-helping of cummies followed by regret for dessert.

don't fap son. it diminishes your power

I'll help him recharge his crystal, don't worry.

Archived