IGNORED

What Are You Having For Dinner

PhylumZunami

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonights dinner is a delicious creamy seafood chowder...

Mussels, clams, shrimp, octopus, squid, and bacon for the protein

Clam juice/broth to add some salt

Heavy cream

Potatoes, celery, carrot, and some caramelized onion

Other stuff (water, spices, bit of starch, etc)

Should be delicious. I've made this recipe before and it's always spot on. Easy to make too.

not tonight, but sometime in the future i will be attempting something with the new hottest chilli on the block, the komodo dragon.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/11/uk-hottest-ever-chilli-pepper-komodo-dragon

Apparently its a slow creeper, and ive had enough bhut jolokia experience so i know how dangerous that kind of chilli can be :diablo:

Another meal ruined and thrown in the bin thanks to male oppressive boundary pushing failure.

Adds, heh ( cause you never know like)

I dont know. different chillis taste different, just because it seems like the bloke is just going for 4h3 h0tt35t chi11i 3v3r we might be wrong and it could. be. for. the. flavour. ?

either way im getting some for my mate dave. he can eat anything

not tonight, but sometime in the future i will be attempting something with the new hottest chilli on the block, the komodo dragon.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/11/uk-hottest-ever-chilli-pepper-komodo-dragon

Apparently its a slow creeper, and ive had enough bhut jolokia experience so i know how dangerous that kind of chilli can be :diablo:

Another meal ruined and thrown in the bin thanks to male oppressive boundary pushing failure.

Adds, heh ( cause you never know like)

I dont know. different chillis taste different, just because it seems like the bloke is just going for 4h3 h0tt35t chi11i 3v3r we might be wrong and it could. be. for. the. flavour. ?

either way im getting some for my mate dave. he can eat anything

Haters gonna hate man. I enjoy the chillis also, so does my wife. Once you build up a tolerance to the heat, there is an interesting sweet/smokey complexity to these peppers that you can't find anywhere else.

Appeizer: One little cluck nugget of leftover spicy Ezell's Famous Chicken and a handful of green olives.
Main course: 2 Oscar Meyer bun-length weiners sliced diagonally 1/4" thick, sprinkled generously with Savage Jerky seasoning and sauteed in grass-fed Irish butter, topped with diced homemade dill pickles, a dash of yellow mustard, and a fried egg with Maggi seasoning and black pepper.

Im4K18h.jpg

nearly have this pizza lark perfected now, most recent revelation - use a pizza stone on a rack above the pizza (pizza is cooked on a cast iron one sitting on the heating element at the bottom of the oven). cooking time down to 4 mins, only problem is that the base was about 1 minute over-cooked (a bit too crispy, should be chewy), heat from above still not enough to finish the top in sync with the bottom.

• 3 weeks later...

Wiener Schnitzel

VrOazYe.jpg

Do you coat the meat with a thin layer of stone ground mustard (only on one side) before the flour, egg, breadcrumb treatment? I know some do and some don't. I personally can't do without the mustard. Props on those nice looking spuds mate!

Im4K18h.jpg

nearly have this pizza lark perfected now, most recent revelation - use a pizza stone on a rack above the pizza (pizza is cooked on a cast iron one sitting on the heating element at the bottom of the oven). cooking time down to 4 mins, only problem is that the base was about 1 minute over-cooked (a bit too crispy, should be chewy), heat from above still not enough to finish the top in sync with the bottom.

Maybe try a pizza stone above and below? That would be extravagant living.

Archived