IGNORED

What Are You Having For Dinner

PhylumZunami

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made some excellent veggie chili this week. Just gets better the longer you leave it doesn't it.

yeah, we always make a ton of the stuff, keep some in the fridge, more in the freezer. have it with rice one day, tortillas the next.

Do you coat the meat with a thin layer of stone ground mustard (only on one side) before the flour, egg, breadcrumb treatment? I know some do and some don't. I personally can't do without the mustard. Props on those nice looking spuds mate!

Never heard of that, just season them, dredge in flour, then egg mixed with a drop of cream, then breadcrumbs. Also melt some butter in the oil just before the veal goes in.

Those spuds are great, it's how they usually cook them in Spain (e.g. patatas bravas). Handier method too, because you don't have to deep fry them, the size means they can take being shallow fried and moved around the pan without breaking up, which you couldn't do with regularly cut chips.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reviving this thread cause had an excellent dinner - lovely grilled mackerel pike with grated daikon and a good fresh rice. But the real treat was the pickled daikon (漬物) with sake (雪の茅舎 - "Of a snowy hovel" ) - both from Akita (northwest japan) - and a match made in heaven.

YvnMCv2.jpg

just made a fucking awesome lasagne

I did the same

Baked spaghetti for me tonight! Very similar to lasagna .
I know some eye-tays that would straight up slap you for saying that.

I might be drunk

not wasicst

KFC, it's my mom's bday today and tradition to buy KFC so she doesn't have to cook. and probably home-made brownies made by my sister.

KFC is now the de facto Christmas dinner in Japan, the cues are insane, and you have to put your order in weeks ahead of time.

3F74D32D-06B5-4289-890F-B2B5BDB7ECD2_zps

44723267-989D-4987-9A18-AA6DCD260A04_zps

KFC, it's my mom's bday today and tradition to buy KFC so she doesn't have to cook. and probably home-made brownies made by my sister.

KFC is now the de facto Christmas dinner in Japan, the cues are insane, and you have to put your order in weeks ahead of time.

3F74D32D-06B5-4289-890F-B2B5BDB7ECD2_zps

44723267-989D-4987-9A18-AA6DCD260A04_zps

Hah! that's fucked up...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived