IGNORED

What Are You Having For Dinner

PhylumZunami

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been cooking since lunchtime and dinner isn't 'til tomorrow, beer break now.

have so far boiled a ham in treacle, orange peel, and spices; then glazed it with a sugary mustard/orange/ginger gloop. will finish it off for around 45 mins in the oven tomorrow.

then made a turkey giblet stock, and another stock with chicken wings and smoked bacon.

still need to make the breadcrumb/herb stuffing and the brown roux for the gravy tonight.

ennnhhh.

my christmas gravy is close to a religious experience for me, so good. mix the two stocks above with the juices from the turkey (which is cooked with oranges/lemons/herbs/garlic in the cavity, and the brown roux (normally a thing used in new orleans cuisine, but tried it out on a hunch and it made a big difference).

will be serving all of the above with spuds roasted in goose fat, roasted carrots/parsnips/sweet potatoes glazed with honey, and fried shredded brussels sprouts with bacon.

will be eating spiced beef (an Irish thing popular in Cork) and some salad and pickles and things for dinner tonight.

Amazing traditional swedish Christmas dinner with, among a plethora of things, Jansson's frestelse (casserole dish), ham, meatballs, sausage, kale, spinach, beetroot salad, jellied veal and the absolute high point: a godly herring cake with a black rye bread base.

Amazing traditional swedish Christmas dinner with, among a plethora of things, Jansson's frestelse (casserole dish), ham, meatballs, sausage, kale, spinach, beetroot salad, jellied veal and the absolute high point: a godly herring cake with a black rye bread base.

you lost me at jellied veal and herring cake with black rye bread base.

• 5 months later...

have been overdoing it on the nice italian takeaway pizza place near me, and dominoes (and hating myself afterwards), not made my own since the last one I posted in this thread whenever that was...

got a pizza steel though, and made a few of them this evening, a bit rusty with the pizza forming skills, but they turned out pretty good, though I overloaded the ingredients on my one a bit. cooking time marginally less than with the pizza stone I had before, but with a lot more burnt spots on the bottom, and puffier doughier rims. steel definitely made a big difference, still need to perfect the dough and pizza construction though.

http://i.imgur.com/6JY7zTT.jpg

^^^^ MAXIMUM CRUST ACTION

http://i.imgur.com/hIio5Au.jpg

^^^^ MOZARELLA, OLD SALAMI BROUGHT BACK FROM FRANCE THAT'S BEEN SITTING IN THE FRIDGE FOR SIX MONTHS THAT STILL TASTES GREAT, PROSCUITTO, OLIVES, PARMESAN, ROCKET

http://i.imgur.com/cggWRXi.jpg

^^^ WONKY SHAPE ACTION

http://i.imgur.com/IzDTjXv.jpg

^^^ PIZZA

damn this thread is still going, nice.

I've been on a low carb diet for about two weeks now (Atkins) just to lose some quick weight but today i treated myself to rotisserie chicken and i went to KFC and got an individual mashed potato and gravy to treat myself.

A nice 500g rib steak (ribeye with the bone intact), whipped mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, and a bacon caesar salad.

I know, brutal high calories. But it's treat Stephen like a king day. I had a really bad birthday Friday (super sick, had to work, wife working out of town, etc) so this is partially making up for it.

:emotawesomepm9::beer:

Sausage topped with jalapeño and black pepper coated in cheddar with homemade colby jack macaroni and cheese mixed in

A nice 500g rib steak (ribeye with the bone intact), whipped mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, and a bacon caesar salad.

I know, brutal high calories. But it's treat Stephen like a king day. I had a really bad birthday Friday (super sick, had to work, wife working out of town, etc) so this is partially making up for it.

:emotawesomepm9::beer:

Sometimes you just gotta ruin your body for a day

I don't want to cook because its too fucking hot, anyone know any good meals i can make that doesn't require heat?

me too.. i'm gonna microwave some burritos.

I don't want to cook because its too fucking hot, anyone know any good meals i can make that doesn't require heat?

gazpacho + avocado + crème fraîche + cilantro +

Archived