IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Such an awesome big chunk of music. I can't thank Ae enough.

Shit dawgs, serving it up to us like this means we can binge listen, like a TV series as Booth alluded to...i'm skipping from track to track so much i can't remember the names of any of them. The format they have given us is more rewarding than we care to acknowledge.

Top 5? Same as i posted earlier in the thread.

My current 'elseleqtions' car playlist:

1. feed1

2. c16 deep tread

3. 13x0 step

4. pendulu hv moda

5. curvcaten

6. chimer 1-5-1

7. acdwn2

8. foldfree casual

9. latentcall

10. artov chain

11. 7th slip

12. spTh

13. spaces how V

14. freulaeux

15. oneum

It's missing Mesh CinereaL

List invalid

Guest bitroast

elseq being split into 5 consumable listens seems to be doing alot of the hard work of 'albumifying' the material for you :cerious::cisfor:

elseq being split into 5 consumable listens seems to be doing alot of the hard work of 'albumifying' the material for you :cerious::cisfor:

i immediately put it all in one big playlist. shrug.

Guest bitroast

i immediately put it all in one big playlist. shrug.

hehehe. i guess im only saying it because ...

i tried listening on shuffle once ( all tracks from elseq1-5 on shuffle ) and it was amazing. good track after track, good flow. new perspective on the tracks. was very pleasing.

tried it a second time and the flow was horrible. something about midtempo track into another midtempo track, build ups and come downs were all off. the flow was just ... utterly boring.

there's obviously something to be said for the importance of good flow between tracks.

i think elseq does that pretty well. feel hesitant to say elseq nails the flow ( 20 minute ambient track starting elseq 3, i'm looking at you) but i still feel very strongly that autechre have put plenty of effort into making the tracks nice and listenable.. by putting them into 5 albums.

Guest bitroast

:dry:

album definition:

a collection of recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, or another medium.

sure dork. they're not albums.

^ And its also a dash of marketability in there, by splitting it into 5 "albums".

You couldn't get away with selling a new 21 track digital album for £32, but 5 albums of 4-5 tracks each for £8? Game on.

Such an awesome big chunk of music. I can't thank Ae enough.

yes, you can.

while (1) { printf("thaenks"); }

freulaeux reminds me of when i mess around with a shortwave radio and pick up some weird faint remnants of an exotic music on the other side of the globe that only appears to you as waves of alien rhythms that come and go. and they developed it into a real tune. its fucking amazing

There is a review of elseq in the newest The Wire (386, July 2016) by Derek Walmsley. Really brilliant piece with good quotes: ' elseq can be as dense as 2013's Exai, as gently reflective as 2010's Oversteps, and as obsessively detailed as 2001's Confield' (quite fitting but it doesn't say much)

or

"'eastre' explores a hypnotic melodic figure, which shudders into shape as it from a twang and groan of lift cables, for 22 minutes, at the end of which you're uncertain whether the music has changed or you have'.

Go and grab it!

For those who can't stand Anthony Fantano's embarassing grasp of humour, I think we have found our guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=380zwj9RIgg

bah, why does this dude bother?

Could bare to watch this all the way through. This guy is so annoying! The way he pronouncers' Autechre for example. WTF!!!

Oh Dicker :)

I'm getting into pendulu hv moda.

How they build up tension and chaos until around 9:00 mark, where they enter the ending phase. The ending of that thing is the brother of Syptixed ending. Those b0rked ...kind of... bells... work great. Lovely.

Edited by Guest