IGNORED

Which Autechre release have you heard least often?

dingformung

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably Amber... But I'm in the process of changing that. It use to be Incunabula, but I've made it my go-to AE release the last month. This month is Amber... Next is Tri-Repetae.

I've probably listened to them in a frequency proportional to the inverse of their release date

Early albums I've listened to least, later albums I've listened to most.  Controlling for the time they've been out

hmmm. in terms of lps probably oversteps.

a remarkable album no doubt, just asking for a kind of mood i don't find myself in particularly often.

while it's similar with amber that one has a nostalgia bonus oversteps hasn't (yet).

ep-wise maybe quadrange (leaving out more obscure stuff like cavity job, hafler collabs n shit).

LP5 and EP7 - don't really know why, there's tracks I just adore on those releases (Drane 2 is one of my favorite Ae tune) but I never really listen to them in their entirety.

Same goes with all the Quadrange stuff that I still need to discover. Quaristice took me a long while to actually "get" it but it was very rewarding in the end !

Either elseq, Move of Ten, or Incunabula. Unless we're counting the Basscad EP (not sure I've ever heard the entire thing, never owned it) and Cavity Job, then those.

Probably LP5, which I've never really given much opportunity in the past (despite appearing to be a fine album). As a full length it has very little presence at all in my ae life, an oversight I'll need to rectify eventually. Same goes for the Gantz EP, have little memory of the non-title tracks.

Move of Ten has also developed into a rare listen with time. I like it well enough, and it was more immediate to me than Oversteps on release. In fact, the only two times I ever got pulled over on the road by police were during "Pce freeze", so maybe that has subconsciously made me avoid it a little lol.

Basically most of the pre-1998 stuff. I don't hate it, I just don't find it special or groundbreaking in any way. It's just... nice. The least listened to are probably Amber and Chiastic Slide. EPs from that era are pretty good though.

Counting everything, I distinctly remember listening to the hafler collab once and realized it would be the only time. Counting LP's relative to the amount of time they've been out, Move of Ten is probably the one I've spent the least time with. I think I've only listened to each post-Quaristice album all the way through two or three times then find the tracks I like and listen to those regularly.

Archived