IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

14 minutes ago, cern said:

So this is it? 2 tracks just for the Sonar people, It was also 10"

Or is it coming more like a EP, or Album with these tracks included? 

No one knows Cern, please don't have expectations. It leads to dissapointment. On the other hand, I'm not expecting anything and if it turns out it's nothing I'm prob going to be dissapointed anyway lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Black Box Life Recorder, interesting, anyone else think this could elude to all those archived tapes that Richard was busy mastering for the last couple of years,  all those tapes he found in sealed army boxes in his basement ?  Maybe I'm completely off, but really hoping all his early work and archived stuff sees the light of day eventually.

• Like 2

A new book about Aphex Twin has been released. Entitled Aphex Twin: Every Album, Every Song it systematically goes through each piece of music recorded by Richard D. James under the alias. At 160 pages, it covers Aphex Twin's six studio albums plus EPs on R&S, Warp, Rephlex and other labels. The book also includes releases put out under the names Caustic Window, Polygon Window, Bradley Strider and others. Some material that never received a proper release, such as Melodies from Mars and Aphex Twin's track dumps on Soundcloud are also skipped, though the book does cover the Caustic Window LP, since that was given a limited digital release. The book is part of the On Track series, which also delves into the back catalogues ofother artists including Pink Floyd, Radiohead, The Human League and New Order. At only 17 years old, the author of this latest entry in the series was not alive when most of Richard D James's music was released. That aside, he carefully works through each track, recording catalogue numbers, times and dates, and production information, as well as many of the myths that surround the reclusive artist. Sonicbond Publishing actively recruits music fans from all backgrounds who want to add to the On Track series, and has an open invitation on its website for aspiring writers to get in touch and suggest new books. 

New book analyses every Aphex Twin track (Resident Advisor)

Edited by dcom
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

6 hours ago, Qeta said:

Black Box Life Recorder, interesting, anyone else think this could elude to all those archived tapes that Richard was busy mastering for the last couple of years,  all those tapes he found in sealed army boxes in his basement ?  Maybe I'm completely off, but really hoping all his early work and archived stuff sees the light of day eventually.

I really do feel that something is on the cards in that respect, the name Black Box Life Recorder certainly indicates the possibility of a long span of recordings being released, combine with the fact we know he has been going through his archives and re recording it so it isn't lots to time. I know this is being hopeful, but I think it's a real possibility in the coming year he will unleash the flood gates of his music, even if the initial release is a regular album.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, MDF said:

I really do feel that something is on the cards in that respect, the name Black Box Life Recorder certainly indicates the possibility of a long span of recordings being released, combine with the fact we know he has been going through his archives and re recording it so it isn't lots to time. I know this is being hopeful, but I think it's a real possibility in the coming year he will unleash the flood gates of his music, even if the initial release is a regular album.

This is what I like to read ?

New sleeve, tiny image enlarged from Warp email, not sure if it's the actual sleeve or just a record icon

Screenshot_20230618_183540_Gmail.jpg

But it is too close to the orange on the Sonar logo to be a coincidence surely

• Like 2

A new book about Aphex Twin has been released. Entitled Aphex Twin: Every Album, Every Song it systematically goes through each piece of music recorded by Richard D. James under the alias. At 160 pages, it covers Aphex Twin's six studio albums plus EPs on R&S, Warp, Rephlex and other labels. The book also includes releases put out under the names Caustic Window, Polygon Window, Bradley Strider and others. Some material that never received a proper release, such as Melodies from Mars and Aphex Twin's track dumps on Soundcloud are also skipped, though the book does cover the Caustic Window LP, since that was given a limited digital release. The book is part of the On Track series, which also delves into the back catalogues ofother artists including Pink Floyd, Radiohead, The Human League and New Order. At only 17 years old, the author of this latest entry in the series was not alive when most of Richard D James's music was released. That aside, he carefully works through each track, recording catalogue numbers, times and dates, and production information, as well as many of the myths that surround the reclusive artist. Sonicbond Publishing actively recruits music fans from all backgrounds who want to add to the On Track series, and has an open invitation on its website for aspiring writers to get in touch and suggest new books. 

Hmm… smells like it could be AI generated, but that’s probably just my prejudice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bulut said:

Hmm… smells like it could be AI generated, but that’s probably just my prejudice.

The dude who wrote it is real cause he was trying to drum up publicity for it on the aphex subreddit recently. He seemed like a smart kid for his age, but I think I'll give it a miss, if I want a load of half-baked opinions of AFX tunes I've got everything I want here on watmm ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 4

3 hours ago, bulut said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goddamn i am so freaking tempted to comb thru this and find all the tracks this wannabe missed out. i bet the 2nd short edit of Mangle 11 is missing...