IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

i searched youtube for a video of that track from google drive (blackbox life recorder 20 ambient 760.mp3) and i found an extended upload of it. i ended up looking at some other videos uploaded by the account, a lot of them are aphex related. what's up with this one?

it's a slowed down version of alberto balsalm. but the reverb on the scissors clipping sample sounds different? maybe? at first i didn't understand the title, but then i looked on discogs and D1 on the vinyl release of icbyd is alberto balsalm.

i feel like i recognize this one but i can't place it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mydirtyundiesdude said:

what happened with cylob and afx?

I remember hearing that RDJ and a bunch of other artists bully Cylob and are just dicks to him. I don't know the whole deal but it came from someone who has played live with a bunch of them.

I guess Cylob told them to fuck off and they got butthurt. Who knows?

• Sad 1

On 6/30/2023 at 8:41 PM, Uros said:

You mean playlist for the tracks in tape?

1 Fresher + cleaner

2 How To Science 2 Ab6

3 Step Up To Cornwall

4 Clabstap Ab6

5 World Waver Ab6

6 Gear Smudge

7 Mortal 08

8 Phlangebeat

9 Phuqed Up

10-12????

13 rogphlange 1 (braiNfLOSS2)

14 DroneBReak

(at least that's how I've named them in my musicbee)

As for finding a FLAC rip you might want to try out that weblibrary that archives things for the future generations...

Spoiler

search on archive.org for aphex twin dat tape?

can't find it... ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

Edited by cruising for burgers

On 7/1/2023 at 1:13 PM, DucksOpinion said:

I remember hearing that RDJ and a bunch of other artists bully Cylob and are just dicks to him. I don't know the whole deal but it came from someone who has played live with a bunch of them.

Cylob had a Subforum here on WATMM many years ago.. He didn't like us at all and was pretty grumpy and pissed towards the forum. 

Im not sure but it feels like he is a very reserved guy and don't want to be bothered. 

19 minutes ago, cern said:

Cylob had a Subforum here on WATMM many years ago.. He didn't like us at all and was pretty grumpy and pissed towards the forum. 

Im not sure but it feels like he is a very reserved guy and don't want to be bothered. 

Yeah, this + let's not forget how he tried to destroy the IDM scene by eating beards and turning Richard D James into a gorilla...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 6/29/2023 at 5:29 PM, cern said:

Soon around the corner a special Field Day release will be imminent!!! :aphexsign:
Get ready for this! 100% 

?

Some of the lushest RDJ I've heard.

• Like 3

On 7/1/2023 at 7:13 AM, DucksOpinion said:

Cylob was chubby with an uncool haircut and wore shit glasses... story checks out.

25 minutes ago, Hodorsbn said:

the "Big Cheesys" thing ALWAYS remind me of a Ufabulum-style track someone did for a WATMM tribute comp to Squarepusher, in which he used the "lyrics" from the comic where Squarepusher presents his chubstep album, Ufabulous. Track is genuinely amazing so here you go : https://wearethemusicmakers.bandcamp.com/track/unknown-inspired-track

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/19/2023 at 2:01 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

legend has it another rolling lol was never seen on watmm again

We have it m8s; it’s on. We can do it. 

Rolling lol opportunity. For posterity. Glory for rololol! It is time to be a part of this historic rolling lol. Together we can succeed, we can prosper, we can be victorious. (pls just put lol in the fucking thread) ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus