IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I want to make an album of music created entirely with reverb units only. No sound sources, no other effects, nothing else at all. Just dozens of reverb units feeding into one another and being tweaked endlessly. 30-60 minutes. 2LUSH2EXIST

ah... with no sources of sound, what's going to reverb?

Silence reverbing is just silence my meng

There would be enough noise in the lines to create some sound if you had one feeding into the next into the next into...a dozen or so times. Also, of course, one simple feedback routing would amplify this.

I want to make an album of music created entirely with reverb units only. No sound sources, no other effects, nothing else at all. Just dozens of reverb units feeding into one another and being tweaked endlessly. 30-60 minutes. 2LUSH2EXIST

I approve. I might have to set this up for myself sometime.

My OG Quadraverb developed an issue where at certain settings it gets stuck in a feedback loop and buzzes and whines in the most unnerving way. It sounds like a horror movie and raises the hairs on my neck. I love it.

Hell yes :) I doubt I'll ever do it, I only have 1 lonely, sad reverb unit.

ah... with no sources of sound, what's going to reverb?

Silence reverbing is just silence my meng

There would be enough noise in the lines to create some sound if you had one feeding into the next into the next into...a dozen or so times. Also, of course, one simple feedback routing would amplify this.

Yeah I guess you're right. Have you tried this with a couple units already?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I've only got 1 reverb only unit. I've got other hardware that has reverb (can make otherwise-blank patches with just reverb in them of course...) and of course, there's software. But the image of like 10+ rackmount units/guitar pedals, all just reverb, with a lovely nest of wires all snaking around just arouses my mind in ways I can barely begin to explain. Maybe I'll try it out with what I've got one day, but honestly was hoping someone else with the gear might do it.

I exaggerate, it's what I do.

BUT, it is the one night a year that a LOT of people not used to going out socially or drinking to excess go out socially and drink to excess.

I dunno about other places but in London it can be a fucking shitshow.

yea it’s fukn horrible here, there’s just tons of tourists thinking New Years in Berlin must be the best thing ever, which really absolutely isn’t .. for most ppl it’s also the fireworks thing, it’s just annoying... met a Syrian colleague before and he said firecrackers scare the shit out of him. decided to work today & tomorrow, my friends were cleverer and are out of town...

there’s DJ Stingray in Tresor tonight which would be fun if it weren’t New Years

there’s DJ Stingray in Tresor tonight which would be fun if it weren’t New Years

Whoa, there was a chance for me to go to Berlin three days ago and stay for NYE but I decided it's not worth it. But DJ Stingray is definitely worth it. I don't dare to imagine what Tresor is like on NYE, though. Probably wont be able to get in anyway, and if I did, it would be like sardines in a can.

Now that's a pointless thought.

Whoa, there was a chance for me to go to Berlin three days ago and stay for NYE but I decided it's not worth it. But DJ Stingray is definitely worth it. I don't dare to imagine what Tresor is like on NYE, though. Probably wont be able to get in anyway, and if I did, it would be like sardines in a can.

Now that's a pointless thought.

man you’re not missing out. he’s playing relatively frequently, like every other month or so & it would be a mistake to go tonight... better come here in spring/summer.,

Only absolute cunts do anything on New Years Eve. It's the one night in the year you should stay indoors.

innit, the 1 night of the year fun always feels forced, everywhere is a rip off, so better to keep it @ home with a small clan of mates & chill

no stress with taxis, keep the numbers down to 10-12 so every1 brings an assorted range of munchies, good company & good food is enough

the only rule is everyone gets to play one tune @ a time to rotate back2back tune selections, plus the reality that we cant be in work on tues & weds obliterated on behemoth comedowns these days, shudder @ the very thought of it

for those that do indulge, stay safe

BUT, it is the one night a year that a LOT of people not used to going out socially or drinking to excess go out socially and drink to excess.

ah right, makes sense. In my town we all just gather in the park and drink til 6am

yeah I've always disliked it, just an epic load of nonsense 

always go out and have a few beers early in the day and have a mooch in my local as its my birthday but I'm home by early evening and just chill with a few Trappist ales at home, I like starting the new year with a fairly bright state of mind

even back in the day when I'd be out every weekend with a few pills and a couple of grams I'd just hibernate and stay fairly sober on new years eve

*cracks open another 11.3% beer*

Edited by beerwolf