IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I often take more ketchup/salsa/plum/___ sauce than I need, and usually there's enough food bits in it that I can't put it back in its container in good conscience.  I'm sure I've wasted enough sauce in my life to fill a medium sized swimming pool.  

it's a good question and it is a question that should be tackled by experts in that field. If there are not enough experts in that field I want to become one so my existence actually has a measurable meaning

yes, become a dish washer  :cisfor:

Nothing beats a stone-clad floor in tiles with lovely patterns, staircases of aptly designed metal railings and mosaic-like stone furnishing of steps. Solid wooden furniture, wooden creaky floor, double-winged doors with high-placed door handles, high ceilings, iron and glass plant houses, gardens, winter gardens, old ball-like hallway lamps with motifs and rough tactile switches, cast iron stove with firewood stacked next to it. Large kitchen with copper dishes, cozy study rooms with foutons, work desks and personal libraries. Contemporary box-like plastic architecture can suck my sweaty balls. It's boring and pretentious just like their designers.

Nothing beats a stone-clad floor in tiles with lovely patterns, staircases of aptly designed metal railings and mosaic-like stone furnishing of steps. Solid wooden furniture, wooden creaky floor, double-winged doors with high-placed door handles, high ceilings, iron and glass plant houses, gardens, winter gardens, old ball-like hallway lamps with motifs and rough tactile switches, cast iron stove with firewood stacked next to it. Large kitchen with copper dishes, cozy study rooms with foutons, work desks and personal libraries. Contemporary box-like plastic architecture can suck my sweaty balls. It's boring and pretentious just like their designers.

I've been looking at making / getting made some tiles with monastery style decorations to put on our kitchen floor. Faded fleurs-de-lys and plant patterns and stuff. Reckon they'd look great

I was a dishwasher a few times. I ate a lot of sauce, Just from the saute pans

lol was just having a convo with someone this afternoon about the amount of weird shit i ate working as a dishwasher

tbh that was a big part of why i knew i couldn't stay in the restaurant industry, you get in the headspace where having a diet of mostly bread butts & bits of sauce feels sustainable

The next mini-wave of electronic music will probably be Instagram-core.

Hear me out.

I was going through Instagram have been noticing something that I think I've pointed out before. There are a too many knob tweakers and not enough musicians out there. Electronic music is so easy to make, that it's become something different entirely. A lot of accounts are just little clips of loops and half-formed musical ideas, but they're all really specialized. The niches are becoming extremely defined, but also very samey sounding within their niches. The ambient cassette tape people are forever trying to perfect that ambient eno/Boards of Canada/William Basinski feel, yet rarely do anything especially interesting musically with it. Same with the modular ambient folks the mpc and Sp-404 people keep trying to make 90's instrumental hip hop, the elektron people mostly try to sound like autechre or Amon Tobin, etc. A bunch of people devoting a lot of time and money to recapturing some lost past and fantasy of their favorite artists... but all is not lost. These hobbyists may come to provide a very important role in a new ecology of music.

That's where the resourceful poor people come in and create a new genre. They mine Instagram (and YouTube) clips exclusively because not only can they not afford real gear but they also see a goldmine of free musical ideas and samples to steal and repurpose into something more interesting.

A lot of the accounts posting synth videos and such just drag on forever with no real variation from the gear they're using. Which is fine. Now they can be useful. They're like a specialized sort of insect, they obsess over their little niche and provide a special sort of "nectar" (sample) for those who can stitch it together with a hundred other samples to create something really special. It's like that deepmind-synth-preset-miner but with real peoples.

I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes typing that out, but yeah. Thas wut I think.

It's a cool concept I dig it

A bunch of people devoting a lot of time and money to recapturing some lost past and fantasy of their favorite artists...

Careful with that kind of talk, the brainwaltzera folks will lynch ya

I've been looking at making / getting made some tiles with monastery style decorations to put on our kitchen floor. Faded fleurs-de-lys and plant patterns and stuff. Reckon they'd look great

Awesome. Wish I had a million eur right now

The next mini-wave of electronic music will probably be Instagram-core.

Hear me out.

I was going through Instagram have been noticing something that I think I've pointed out before. There are a too many knob tweakers and not enough musicians out there. Electronic music is so easy to make, that it's become something different entirely. A lot of accounts are just little clips of loops and half-formed musical ideas, but they're all really specialized. The niches are becoming extremely defined, but also very samey sounding within their niches. The ambient cassette tape people are forever trying to perfect that ambient eno/Boards of Canada/William Basinski feel, yet rarely do anything especially interesting musically with it. Same with the modular ambient folks the mpc and Sp-404 people keep trying to make 90's instrumental hip hop, the elektron people mostly try to sound like autechre or Amon Tobin, etc. A bunch of people devoting a lot of time and money to recapturing some lost past and fantasy of their favorite artists... but all is not lost. These hobbyists may come to provide a very important role in a new ecology of music.

That's where the resourceful poor people come in and create a new genre. They mine Instagram (and YouTube) clips exclusively because not only can they not afford real gear but they also see a goldmine of free musical ideas and samples to steal and repurpose into something more interesting.

A lot of the accounts posting synth videos and such just drag on forever with no real variation from the gear they're using. Which is fine. Now they can be useful. They're like a specialized sort of insect, they obsess over their little niche and provide a special sort of "nectar" (sample) for those who can stitch it together with a hundred other samples to create something really special. It's like that deepmind-synth-preset-miner but with real peoples.

I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes typing that out, but yeah. Thas wut I think.

I kinda think that electronic music seemed more interesting when not literally every human had the means to learn to make passable IDM in like a week. BoC was the first casualty in this scenario. I still like a lot of stuff but gawdayum